« Home | Weigh in - 30 » | Piggy Props » | Where have the mirrors gone? » | Just chatting » | Jingle Bells » | How Hot » | Silence » | Weigh in - 29 » | Rainbows » | Dumps & Jumps »

Nelly & the picnic park

On the way home today I went into Witchery and tried on a pair of size 12 Nelly's (For those unaquainted with Nelly please feel free to read a completely idiotic post here). I could get them on. I could do them up. I could do squats in them - yes this is a test I put all my clothes through. They were snug and I had a fair bit of tummy muffin hanging over the top. But if I wanted to I could have bought them. I remembered that when I bought the 14's (and thanks to the blog I know that was on the 23rd August - 9ish weeks ago) they fit me exactly the same way. It only took a couple of weeks for the muffin to subside. I didn't buy them as I want to buy a shorter pair for summer. The 14's will carry me through if I need a longer pair. They are comfortable and loose in the tail but not at an 'oops I am going to lose my trousers' stage yet. I honestly believe that if I had completed all 6 weeks of the DAJS challenge the jeans would have been a better fit.

But, I am signing up for the Christmas walking challenge which kicks off on Monday 7th November and finishes 19th December - perfect for my trip to Adelaide. It is a counting steps challenge so between now and then I will be strapping the pedometer on again and fine tuning it to ensure the results are accurate.

For a complete change of plan, just before I left work DH called me and suggested we go for a picnic dinner with the boys tonight. I thought it was an excellent idea. So I detoured into the supermarket before picking the boys up and stocked up on Chicken, roast pumpkin & potatoes, bread rolls, drinks, banana's, strawberries, plates, cutlery, and wipes. Drove back through the city to pick DH up and drove to the little playground near our house. No-one else was there and it was magnificent. I laid out the food on the picnic table whilst DH chased the boys around the grass and pushed them on the swings. We ate and chatted then played some more. It was so nice not to have the TV or radio on whilst we ate. It was so peaceful to be in the fresh air and just enjoy the view of the city skyline even though the top of the buildings were shrouded in dark clouds. We won't be doing that every night but it was really great that there was no impediment to acting on an impulse. No concerns about being too tired, or worried about what people would think, or anything. It was just so perfect.

Now all I have to do to ensure the night remains perfect is to ignore all the Halloween treats that we have left over. I will be bagging them up and taking them to work tomorrow for the Melbourne Cup afternoon tea we are having but until then I am on Milky Way and Mini-Dinosaur alert ;)

Sounds like a wonderful dinner. It's always more fun to just do these things on impulse rather than having to worry and plan.

mmmm strawberries 8 months to go before i can eat them again! best of luck on your milkyway and mini dinosaur alert :)

It's so good doing things like picnic dinners on the spur of the moment. It did sound perfect:)

I love the idea of a picnic - might have to suggest it to the boys and organise something.


xx

Yum! I love Mini-Dinosaurs and Milky Ways ... I recall eating Mini-dinosaurs after my party the other night. I love the picnic idea too. What a beautiful and spontaneous way to end your day!

I'm going to sign up to the Christmas Challenge as well. Unfortunately I did not drop a jeans size on the DAJS challenge though my old size 16s are noticeably looser and my old size 14's a little less snug (but with a little bit of muffin left over, argh!).

Have a great Melbourne Cup day!

xo Sarah

what are mini dinosaurs?????
Sounds like the picnic was lovely and well done on fitting into a 12 :)

How nice that DH suggested the picnic. I love picnics.
Good luck for your Christmas challenge.
Oh dear, frozen Milky Ways are nearly as nice as frozen mini Mars!
I hope that Makybe Diva wins the Cup. May even have a little flutter if my Dear Son comes for lunch and puts a bet on for me. Bit dangerous for me to learn how to bet. (Gambling blood in my veins)

What a wonderful idea for a picnic - I love daylight savings, as we have bbq's most nights!!

Congratulations on fitting into those size 12's !!!!!

What a lovely idea. Might even try just DH and me. Time to unwind and talk. Group staying at work has left a big bowl of milk ways down in the kitchen so I know what you are going through. Hope you back a winner!
:o)

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO on fitting into the 12's !!!!
I am so glad to hear others having dinner in the park - we generally do it quite often in summer. It is such a lovely way to end the day especially if you have had a yucky day at work !
Take care and good luck with the new walking challenge.
Me

WHOO HOO for fitting into size 12's!!!

The picnic sounded lovely. It's wonderful to do things on the spur of the moment evrey now and then, make a break with the routine and take time to appreciate life.

I'm thinking I might join you on the Christmas walking challenge - have to get a pedometer first though!

Have a great day :)

I brought my first pair of size 12 pants in years today - I felt great - and a size 12 top to match... almost heaven!! For me, it is those little things that keep me going!!

Your picnic sounds lovely, what a great idea of your husband's! And wooohoooo for the size 12 jeans. I'm so pleased for you!!! :-)

What a lovely piece of spontaneity. These are the moments from which lovely memories are made.

SIZE 12s!!!!! You are a legend!! wow when you do buy some you will strut yo' stuff with well-earned pride.
Hope you backed a winner

LBTEPA

LOL those Nelly's crack me up :-) I think Witchery (and Esprit) are good places to measure against. I've always bought clothes from there. Isn't it so exciting fitting into smaller clothes!! WHOOT!

Well done on embarking on another challenge too. Things like this keep you motivated which is great.

The picnic sounds devine! Reminds me it's time to go on one :-)

Whoops, that was from me, Mary :-)

You are powering through M! Well done on not giving it up despite the gains but realising that they don't mean all that much in the larger picture of what you have achieved so far.

Thank you for your concern and checking that I was still alive and around, especially in light of all the hard family events that ou are going through lately. You are one incredible woman!

Lol, you know M, when I load your page, and my computer is being a bit slow - your christmas doll loads up completely starkers, for just a few seconds - bits and all!! :-) Hehe! Thanks for your lovely email today, I'll reply tomorrow - meant a lot!

Word verification: dozohydc - maybe the people that sleep in Hyde Park that you see? Lol.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??