« Home | Weigh in - 20 » | ww Leader for a Day » | Fancy Schmancy » | Blame » | Sumo compliments » | Still smiling » | Weigh in - 19 » | The next level - long post » | Honesty » | Wedding Belles »

Debate: Harry v Barry

The debate has raged for years. Who is better? Harry or Barry. They are fighting it out in a monumental argument but I shall first introduce the characters.

Harry (otherwise known as Harry High Pants)

They were the jeans you wore in the 80's that were so high most of them finished only a few centimetres under the breasts and you had to undo the zipper (no buttons back then) to do up your shoes.

Barry (otherwise known as Barry Bum Crack)

These are the jeans introduced by designers out to cause havoc with normal curvaceous women that can cause much embarrasment if bending over too close to a bike rack or near someone who needs a holder for their umbrella.

Today I sought to find the answer to this debate as I shopped for a new pair of jeans. Not a used hand me down pair from DH (though I did love those Diesels - till they started falling off). Not a new pair from the oversized section (though I appreciate and loved them when I needed them). But a brand spanking new pair from a standard shop.

Harry lost
Barry lost

Meet Nelly (otherwise known as Nelly Nice Fit)

Couple of inches higher than Barry, couple of feet shorter than Harry. Can be worn in public without fear of someone recognising your underwear brand. Comes in a delicious size 14 which makes me look sensational. Well except for the little muffin effect it caused but that will be gone in a few weeks ;)

Very happy with Nelly.

Sidenote: Thank you for all your support for my arrival into the 70's. Will try not to do a Shirley (though it did take me a few seconds to work out it was not Shirely Temple we are talking about). Having a great time.

Points FTD: 16.5
Sugar Points:0
Points Left FTW: 83.5
Exercise: 20 min walk on treadmill. 5 min on the stepper
TIAGF: Nelly nice fit's

Nellys and in a size 14. Great shopping. Just caught up on your last few posts. wish you were my WW leader especially if you could find me a family block of chocolate that was points free.ANd honsetly I agree with you about the need to be honest. Just gets hard to do that soemtimes doesn't it? This blogging certainly helps one to be honest with oneself though. Thanks for your supportive comments on my blog recently. It really does help.

Lol, I'm so confused!

Anyway, yay for size 14!!

Um, so I caved and did the photo that you requested - your turn to reciprocate!!!!

Well done :-)

Funny post!!:) I've held off buying jeans until I reach goal but one day I'll be out there looking for Nellys! Great going M on size 14!

LOL, I so know what you mean. I really hate those Barry jeans, even on skinny people. Glad you found some nice Nellys.

Bwahahahah...I prefer the Nelly's too :-) YAY for new clothes and fitting into a size sold at ALL shops! I am starting to think that it is okay that some shops only go up to a certain size, even though it alienates people like us who were out of that range. Now that we're in our healthy weight range, we can fit into those clothes, whoot! Fit, healthy and trim. Have a great day gorgeous.

You are so funny!
But I have to agree, Im not overly fond of Harrys either. Fantastic news on finding Nelly....

Nice going :)

Hey M - well done on the Nelly's. Another problem with Jeans - u don't want to be doin a Kimmee either with the Diamante G banger ridin half way up your crack and back to be exact. Thanks for giving me a laugh. lb

LMAO at this post. How funny is it and some women actually think they look good in barry's. I saw another to add to the collections but haven't come up with a name yet - this girl was wearing her jeans so low that they were actually showin pubes out the tops. It actually turned me off my lunch at the shopping centre!!! Can you think of a name for these???? I don't even want to imagine a name for it. XX

What a great post - I am hoping to find a pair of Nelly's this weekend - hope I am successful - the last time I went the 12's were too big and the 10's were too small - BIG BUGGER !!!
What about Paddy Pants for Jodie's scenario ??
Cheers and have a great day !
Me

Great work on the weight loss so far.

I'm glad you found Nelly.
Being a male however, I do like seeing the occasional Barry. On a female that is, because Barry on a male is just wrong. (Unless you work with other builders- LOL)

OMG - where do u find these jeans!!! I have never been a "harry jeans" person as I dont think i owned a pair of jeans that weren't elastic waisted (lil kids jeans) til it was safely in the 90s. But Apart from a brief moment in my teens when i was trim & toned, I have been subjected to sausage poppage from my jeans unless I wanted too big ones that fell down. WHERE DO I GET NELLY JEANS!!?? :P

Congrats getting into the 70"s - and into size 14 nelly's!!!

bwahahahaha! great post. yay for size 14 nelly's! :)

funny post! nelly is good, i find mens jeans provide the right nelly. low in the wait but not barry butt crack low, and high in the crotch to prevent constant hiking up. do love getting into mens jeans. yep :)

Jodie - I think those are called the 'Scary Hairys'. :-)

There is an elderly lady at our beach community who wears the same tinsy-tiny beach shorts that she bought in 1982 or so.... which is fine except that she has these long spindly pubes sticking out the bottom of them! We call her Spiderlegs....

I think Kate found a winner for the jeans I saw!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??