« Home | Just chatting » | Jingle Bells » | How Hot » | Silence » | Weigh in - 29 » | Rainbows » | Dumps & Jumps » | The Tag » | Soap Box Derby » | Arty Farty »

Where have the mirrors gone?

I'm seriously thinking about writing a letter of complaint to my place of employment. I mean - how do they think I am going to be able to function now that they have taken the mirrors out of the lifts??? When am I supposed to get my mirror whore fix in. It was the last bastian of whoredom before I stepped out into the street. In front of people. Now I am constantly worried that I have salad or nuts or some other healthy bit of foliage between my teeth. Is my hair mussed up just right. And am I showing just the right amount of figure off without going overboard. *sigh* I used to do all this in the lift. Even when there were other people in it ;)

Mum hasn't made a decision yet. She wants to wait till my Sister has her baby. Then she will make a decision. The counsellor wants her to do it but understands why she wants to wait. She just said that the decision has to be made before there is no point at all anymore. Thank you once again for all your kindness and support. *mwah* And remember to move your clock one hour FORWARD on Sunday morning. Happy weekend :)

lol maybe you can carry a little mirror with you in your purse? When is your sisters baby due? aunty Margaret :)

How rude of them to take away your mirrors! Nothing is sacred any more!

Our daylight saving starts too early. I think we should all start together. Most days here have still been quite cold and it is a nuisance when we are up an hour earlier and waiting for all of you to get up and talk to us.

At work we have a little room as you walk into the loos with full length mirrors. I have been sprung a few times standing there preening myself!

Wow... you have alot on your plate at the moment.. but you still seem to be moving on and having a laugh!!
I have just found your blog and read a lot of it.. you have done an amazing job so far with your weight loss!! You must feel soooo different!

hmmm,maybe a quick stop at the loos before leaving the building is in order for the final check in the mirror!
Hmmm Daylight saving started a month ago here...
hope u have a lovely wknd

Thats not very nice of them now is it. How rude taken the mirrors away, dont they know that you have a love affair with them.....
I guess you will need to bolt to the loos on the way home.
fiona

Oh, how rude! They should have at least consulted you first! :)

You'll have to get a compact and keep it in your hand bag!

When is your sister's baby due? My sister is having her second baby in April (due ANZAC Day). I am so excited.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend xo

Lol, I love lifts with mirrors in them!!

While we were in Sydney NZ changed over to daylight savings time, so it was really strange when we got home - but the light evenings are just lovely now!

Mirrors are sooo important. My bathroom mirror makes me look really good. Pity I cant take it with me wherever I go.

Not sure Im looking forward to daylight saving.

Have a great weekend.

I have no idea how you cope with your Mum's illness. You must be an amazingly strong woman. I'll be praying for you and your family. Hugs And Kisses

Is your sister due soon? Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful celebration at christmas time - Your mum seems to be thinking hard about the decision she will make, sometimes these things cannot be rushed i guess.

LOL the mirrors - I totally agree! I think I look great in the lift mirrors - they are dimly lit and my complexion just looks stunning - I would be lost without it! hehehehe

Hey M!
Sorry I've been a bit slcak in replying to your words of wisdom, but I'm struggling a bit this week.

With the mirrors out, you wll have to start looking at reflections in shop windows... works a treat - plus people think you are looking in the window, when you are just checking yourself out - everyone does it!

I hope you are doing ok, I know your mum will make her decision based on what's best for her family, not for her ('cause that's what mums do right - put their family and loved ones first), so all you can do is be supportive and love her for her choice, and carry on enjoying the time you all have left. How long until your sister is due?

Bwahaha...you mirror whore! You know when I was working at AAP, my friend was fixing her knickers in the lift mirror and then all of a sudden a voice came from the speaker and said something about her being *nice*. Not very PC but funny and I've never looked in a lift mirror since LOL :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??