« Home | Alternatives » | Strong » | Thunder and Lightening » | Sir Prawn of Arborio » | Abs-olutely Flab-ulous » | Captain Washing » | Weigh in - 12 » | Shanks for the memories » | Blister Zones » | Comfort Zones »

Weigh in - 13


Then. This is the photo that made me take action. (size 18/20+)


Now. There is room for improvement but I am happy that this is me. (size 16.25 - it is a very flattering photo and was about the 20th I had DH take and the only one I was really happy with LOL)

My first post was on the 2nd April when a friend suggested we get off our tail and do something about our weight. I kicked off on ww on the 4th April. It seems like only yesterday, yet 3 whole months have gone by. 3 months where I have achieved so much, and learned that there is still so much to achieve. I am the champion of unfinished projects. Unfinished jobs. Unfinished business. It is an achievement in itself that I am still on this journey. BUT. This is not a short term project for a quick reward. This is not just a job that 'has to be done'. This is my life. I am no longer after a quick fix. I want a long term fix. I don't want a quick gratification only to have it blow up in my face the next day. I want a solution so that I never have to be where I was 3 months ago. And I have one. And I am doing it. And I am going to continue doing it.

This week the scales have shown a loss of 0.9 kg. This brings my total loss over a 3 month period to 13.2kgs. And I think that is great. Today I am celebrating the bigger picture and just want to tell myself - in writing - that I am doing a bloody marvellous thing. I can't control how much weight I lose each week, I can only give my body the best circumstances it can have to get on with the job. And I think that I am doing that. And the changes have been reflected not only in my weight, but in my size as well. I have posted a table of my dimensions (LOL - can't get the freight terminology out of me) below and looking at it all together like this just blows me away.


Body BitaaaThen (cm)aaaNow (cm)aaaDifference (cm)
Neck35341
Upper Arm (R)33.5 312.5
Bust11410410
Waist96 8313
Hips124.511014.5
Butt120 10812
Thigh (R)71.5629.5
Calf (R)43 377
69.5 cms

Then there are the other changes. The confidence I now exhibit when I walk along a street. The fact that I no longer skulk into a clothing store expecting sales staff to tell me they don't stock my size. The positivity I feel each and every day. These are changes that can't be measured in the traditional sense but are every bit as real. I feel good. I feel like I can do anything or at least attempt it and not look like an idiot. And should I ever do something idiotic, or feel like the journey is all uphill, I have my new circle of support who are more than ready to offer words of wisdom, a kick in the pants, or a smile and a hug or two. I count myself lucky every day that I stumbled into this group.

So, self congratulations are now over, I have a long way to go, and the task continues.

Points FTD: 19.5
Sugar Points: 3.5
Points Left over From Last Week: 0
Points Left FTW: 154
Exercise: Walk along Balmoral Beach with DS2 in carrier. Aquaplay with DS2.

Wow, wow and wow again! What an amazing difference in the two photos, and also in the measurements!!!! You are doing sooooo so well, it is an inspiration to hear your positive self-talk. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

*wolf whistle* golly gosh woman, what a transformation and I bet you are happy, you should be you sexy thang! And if you keep thinking the way you do, I don't even need to say it. You're ace! SLIMMER OF THE YEAR of what!? I'm voting for you :-)Have a brilliant day hon.

HOLY SHIT!!!! Is that really you now?!!! OMG! You look FABULOUS! So skinny! :-) You deserve to be feeling so good. I love this post - so positive and so inspiring. You rock!

Oh, well done on another huge loss too!

*SQUEAL!*

you are a hottie! What a fantastic result.

it's paying off and you look terrific!!!!

Wow!!! You look like your at goal! Seriously you do! You really are skinny!! All this time we had no idea how tiny you were!!!

Well done on such an awsome weight loss effort and congrat's on another loss!!!

Hey Thanks guys. I agree I am looking a lot better but I am still a very very snug size 16, and I am still 14 kgs over my goal weight. But with this support and a plan to follow I'll get there. Only 2.3kgs before I drop to 20pts a day. Whoo Hooo.. Does that mean I have to give up my 1/2 Freddo's altogether ;)

Woweee!!! M you look FANTASTIC!!! It's so great to read your posts and now to get a visual of all your progress - you should be so pround of yourself.

The photos blew me away!! What a HUGE difference - well done - you look a million dollars!!!!

You look like a size 10!! I dont know where you will find another 14kg to lose!

You look absolutely fantastic!!!! Well done!!! You deserve to be so proud of yourself. Those measurements as sure dropping and another great loss this week. You are an inspiration!

OMG!! You can certainly notice the difference. That is amazing. You have reminded me to take another updated photo of myself. I haven't had one for at least a couple of months. You must be really proud of yourself and I hope hubby is proud of you also. I think you need another head shot for your profile as you have lost sooooo much in the face. That is the first place I noticed it from anyway. Congratulations!!!!!!!!! XX

OMG, what a difference those 2 photos are. You look absolutely fantastic girl.

It's awesome seeing your stats and how much you've dropped. I'm so excited for you.

Hope you have another excellent week.

Congratulations! You look great, keep up the good work. Like you say, it's for the long term, and the way you are going you'll get to the long term in a short term... lol.

HOLY COW - You look absolutely gorgeous. It's just amazing.

Those jeans look fantastic!

You look AMAZING!!! Go Margaret!!

WOW!! A snug size 16??!!! You look heaps smaller! I can't wait to see you at goal. You're photos are extremely inspirational.

You mentioned walking in Balmoral - have you ever done the Bondi to Coogee walk? It's a box I want to tick and have been wondering how challenging it is. Any ideas?

Cheers, Catherine.

Hi Catherine. I think when the boys are a bit older we are going to do the Bondi to Coogee walk. I think there are a few stairs in that one and the flats are a little easier at the moment. You should do it and let me know :)

Sorry can't comment to you directly but there is no link to a blog or email.

Hope you are all having a fantastic day :)

UNBELIEVABLE..not only do you look slimmer and healthier but you also look much younger. You are such an inspiration I may have to post your before and after photos on my desktop..or maybe my fridge.

Jeeez girl! You look great, slim & happy & YOUNG!! 36 my ass, you could easily pass for a 20 something!! What great progress, I agree with LMS, it looks like a sz 10 goal shot! Whoohoo!!!! You will be so so foxy at goal!!

OK, I will! This weekend in fact, and I will report back. Might drag the boy along...but then will have to walk there and back to collect the car! BTW, email is cpblock@comcen.com.au

You look beautiful, you should be so proud. Many congratulations:)

Woweee you look amazing what a transformation.. You are doing really well and I always look forward to reading your progress.

woooooooooooooooooowwwwww


thats all i can say just wooooooooow you look AMAAAzing :)

You look great - you have every reason to be proud of yourself. And what cute boys!

You are looking great!

Wow, your looking absolutely fantastic Margaret. Good on you!!

:) Megan

WOW!!!!
Followed Emily's link to your page...have seen your face in most of the comments pages of sites that I visit.....
had no idea what a stellar weight loser you are!!!
I can't believe the difference just 13.2kg has made to your body!
You go girl!!!!
Time to update that face shot for sure now :)

Cheers P (Paulene)
http://paulenesjournaljourney.homestead.com/paulene.html

Wow..you look fantastic..truly inspirational!!
Its a great photo and worth the 20 previously taken!

listen Margaret, you have been really game to a conspiracy mate! I am certain that where you live the weightloss demons have bribed the shops' personel and they change the tags with the sizes on the clothes they sell you. Woman...this is not a size 16 pair of jeans you are wearing! This is no more than 10 and you look skinny!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Gorgeous really very hot!!!!

OH. MY. GOODNESS.!!!!!!!! it's an amazing change! and lady, you look sooooooo stunning and charming and sexy! (i adore the pose/smile too ;))

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??