« Home | Strong » | Thunder and Lightening » | Sir Prawn of Arborio » | Abs-olutely Flab-ulous » | Captain Washing » | Weigh in - 12 » | Shanks for the memories » | Blister Zones » | Comfort Zones » | Knight in Shining Armour »

Alternatives

A lot of people post that they like to walk in the rain. I agree that it would be refreshing but when you wear glasses you tend to go blind after about 10 raindrops on each lens and then you are just asking for trouble. So when planned walk did not eventuate due to the rain yesterday afternoon I thought it the perfect time to try out the w.w. DVD I picked up last week. Very impressed with the bright pink fit-band that came with it. Matches my workout clothes :) As I made my intentions very clear to DH that I was doing this workout I thought it obvious that I wanted him to care for (ie get out of the way) our 2 DS's. His solution. Put DS2 into the portacot (right behind me) and leave DS1 to his own devices (help Mummy with workout) and go into the study to do some work. ????? So, I could easily block out DS2's protests, of which he tired of quickly and played by himself for a while and as long as I didn't look directly at DS1 whilst he was imitating me and the guy on the screen I could hold it together. I came undone during the Tummy Section. By then DS2's protests had roused DH from his hidey-hole and he removed him from the portacot. And promptly crawled over to me where he began his new game of "Lets crawl under Mummys Tummy whilst she is on all fours trying to push her tummy through her back". It's a great game by all accounts. That did it for me.

As a review I think the DVD is great. The warm up warmed me up. The circuit workout was good. I skipped the Aerobic one. The fit-band section was excellent and I worked up quite a sweat. And I think the stomach section would have been good too. LOL. I'll give that a go another day. I still have to work out how to get the DVD to just play all the sections, then I can skip over the intro and stuff but as an alternative to going outside when it is wet, well it works for me. BUT next time, I will send DH and DS's off to the shops. ;)

Points FTD: 20.5
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 19
Exercise: w.w. DVD. Abs - day 4

LOL Margaret - that is exactly why I can't do my exercise videos anymore. It was fine when Amelia just lay there (when she was first born), but now she wants to be held - especially if something strange is going on.. like Mummy dancing around the lounge to strange music. :-)

You know what you need to do? (speaking as a woman who has no children)

Send the boys to the shops on a mission for something really really obscure.

I do it to Alex all the time. It keeps him out of my hair for ages, because men are so task oriented that they won't come home until they find it, or the shops close!!

Sometimes I just make things up to keep myself amused. Quietly I think he knows that I'm lying, but he likes the fake missions better than my saying "You go now"

hahah mind warfare!!

I don't think I got fit bands with my weee-veee-deee ... ripped off!

Walking in the rain *ah-choo*! Your kids sounds adorable. I have 2 cats that act very much the same when I am doing yoga or something. One of them likes to do yoga with me on the mat and lick herself. Seems like a rubber fetish has developed ;-)

Good on you for finding an alternative! The video sounds quite good actually so I'll check it out at the next meeting.

Better start work now. At the record store today. Gotta love Sundays.

I'm a great fan of the WW DVD - but I don't try to do it all at once! You're a fanatic, woman! Mind you I have a distinct advantage - no small children. The man and the teenager are both still asleep when I work out. And if they're not, then they can bloody well pretend to be until I'm finished cavorting in the lounge.

Just read yesterday's post - yay for your strong body and your loose jeans.

Now you have made that DVD sound like so much fun I have to get it. won't be the same obviously without the mini-M's as an audience and wannabe participants!

I can understand about the glasses, I'm meant to wear mine all the time, though I can still see enough without them that I avoid wearing them in the rain. I've also stopped wearing them to the gym as I see better without my body-heat fogging them up! The DVD sounds great :)

LOL, I like the idea of sending them on a mission to find something obscure! Welldone on finding an alternative form of exercise!!

see having cats and kids isnt so different :) cute to read about lol think you'll be using the taps again soon? i always did love it when i did pushups my shirt would fall open to the floor and Lixue would crawl in and start purring hehe have a great sunday ;)

Good on you for doing something else in wet weather. There is always an alternative!

If you look at the main menu on the dvd you can do a few different workouts in a row - and skip the intro's

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??