« Home | Knight in Shining Armour » | The lunch crowd » | Why don't I » | Weigh in - 11 » | Late Sunday Post » | An Ode (or is that An Oh Dear) » | Boxes » | Quick Update » | Mmmm Food » | Copy Cat »

Comfort Zones

The terms 'comfort zone' and 'think outside the square', whilst annoying as heck are terms that I deal with every day at work. As a 'solution provider' (another really fantastic term) I often have to think at a different level to achieve a result that is better, faster, and more resource efficient than the existing method. This often means thinking and working outside areas that I would term my comfort zone. This doesn't phase me, as it is work. Work is only a part of who I am.

However, when we talk about comfort zones on a personal level it is an entirely different matter. 12 weeks ago my comfort zone was wearing to work - maternity pants and the biggest shirt of DH's that I could find in the wardrobe. This changed and now my comfort zone is wearing a very smart, and now loose fitting size 18 work uniform. Every day. I have lots of it. However, Friday is mufti day. That means casual day. As we are not customer facing we are really allowed to wear anything we want as long as it is clean and decent. For the past 12 weeks I have worn my uniform on Friday. Today I have not. Today I am so far out of my current comfort zone that my eloquent speech ability is frozen in my throat. Today the attention I have drawn to myself has elicited so many compliments that it has taken much longer than usual to write this post. No - I am not wearing sequined tights. Just jeans. My sized 36 mens diesel jeans. And a long sleeved black, cross over sweater. Fitted. With a little white singlet underneath. It hides nothing. It looks good. But people are noticing. That does scare me a little. (Liar - it scares me a lot) But I knew it would and I did it anyway. But so far people have only seen me sitting or standing behind my desk. I wonder what they will say when they see I have my Worn Only Once Since Bought in London 1991 Bright, Red, Suede, Dr Martins Boots on? LOL. I think it may just render them speechless :) Happy Red Nose Day.

Edit to post. Have just noticed that I am perfectly co-ordinated with my diet coke can - very stylish.

Points FTD: 18.5
Sugar Points: 2.5
Points Left FTW: 62.5
Exercise: Undie shopping in Myer - well!!. Freezing cold walk to Central.

Woooohoooo for red suede Docs. Good on you. And good on your for the rest of your outfit too. You are just the rockingest chick - you've even made me abandon my normally impeccable grammar! The description of your job sheds more light on your approach to your weight loss too. You are one talented person.

How do you do this. Consistently put the biggest smile on my face whenever I read your posts :-) I love it! And I love the fact you are wearing your bright, red DMs today and of course, for Red Nose Day. You're a very cool girl :-) Keep the compliments coming I say. It may feel strange but it really makes you realise how much of a difference all this is making not only for yourself but to the way people react to you. Well done! Have a great end to the week and even better weekend sista!

I love this post!~ What you are wearing sound gorgeous - and a far cry from maternity pants and your husband's shirt! I hope more people notice and tell you how wonderful you look! I want your shoes by the way, they sound cool!

There is nothing better than other people noticing all your hard work. I find the compliments keep me motivated cause I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. Have a good weekend. XX

Sounds like you look great! You can definitely come for tea now I want to see those boots!!!!

You sound so happy. What a great feeling it must be to actually wear "normal" clothes, and how sassy do they sound too!

I never bought a pair of DM's when I lived in the UK. I went into a DM shop when I was in Nottingham once, but there was just too many to choose from, so didn't end up buying any!
But I did buy a fantastic pair of baby blue Catepillars (brand of boot). They are my pride and joy.

I enjoyed this post as well! It's sort of like you are unveiling yourself! Bet you look million dollars!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Good on you for geting out of your comfort zone!!
I find I am wearing more fitted clothes too, I sometimes feel bigger wearing them - but they are the day's I get complemented on my weight loss:)

Go Margaret!! You are fantastic, y'know? You must be so proud of yourself, not just for working so consistently and hard to get to the point where you are but to go outside that "comfort zone" to a point where other people are noticing. You rock socks! XD

LOL you did the whole diet coke thing on purpose didn't you?

Three cheers for you I say because it sounds like a gorgeous outfit and I love the docs...I have metallic blue ones that change colour when you look at them from different angles.

I notice you went undie shopping - did you buy up big? I am hopelessly addicted to buying undies.

AGR, you kidding! She bought up *smaller* ;-) Yay! You guys are so silly :-)

way to step outside your comfort zone Margaret!!! you must be so proud of yourself :D
i did have a long nervous laugh reading about the attention you got. was it all positive?

sincere bravos mate!

Way to go. You will now have to start wearing thos ejeans and fitted top more often. I have also started to wear more fitted clothes and I feel much better about my appearance..Throw out all those big clothes. We're not goingback into them!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??