« Home | Captain Washing » | Weigh in - 12 » | Shanks for the memories » | Blister Zones » | Comfort Zones » | Knight in Shining Armour » | The lunch crowd » | Why don't I » | Weigh in - 11 » | Late Sunday Post »

Abs-olutely Flab-ulous

In her daily journal Vix offers up a link to a female fitness expert or body builder for inspiration, motivation, or just to have a look at. I have a look at all of them and one has really struck a cord with me. Brandy Flores is a muscletech althete and spokeswoman and as a mother of a small child I was absolutely blown away by her incredible abs. You see, I have been getting a bit worried about mine - or lack thereof. As I am losing weight I can see the difference in the way my body is pulling in, in different areas. I have now a quite noticable waist. My knees have come in to the point where they don't rub when I am walking anymore. My arms have some definition. My thighs have come in too. And in all of these areas the skin is quite firm. But not so in my stomach & abs area. OK. I have stretched it out to here *holds extremely long arms out as far as they can go* twice for my babies and there was always going to have to be more work to do in that area. I had spoken with a guy at the gym who advised that a daily abs workout and diet control (got that covered) would be what I needed.

So, I printed out 3 work outs from Brandy's site. There is a 45 day Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced abs workout. I am starting with Beginner. The workout did not mention the reps that would need to be done so I emailed Brandy with that question. She has not yet replied but I am not letting that deter me from making a start. So last night I did day 1. I did 5 reps on each side of each exercise. It felt pretty good so I did 5 more. I may not do 45 days in a row - which is my aim - but I will mark off my 45 boxes and then I will move onto the next one. I seriously doubt my abs will look like hers but they will look decidedly better than they do now and that is what I want.

And if laughing through a workout makes it work faster then I will have great abs in no time because I fell off my fit ball not once, not twice, but thrice in my attempt to balance whilst crunching and I could not stop laughing. LOL It must have looked hard though because no sooner had I packed it all away than DH got the ball out and tried to do them too. I laughed more at him ;)

Points FTD: 21
Sugar Points: 4
Points Left FTW: 107.5
Exercise: Walk to Central (in the rain!) Abs - day 1

Your posts always make me smile. I've always wondered how people balance on those things - and now I know - they don't! :-) That's a great goal to set yourself, I'm sure you can achieve it. As for the stretched tummy - sigh - I know what you mean! Don't even get me started on the stretch marks!

Good idea about starting to do something more about your stomach muscles. I need to start doing some toning too so will check it out. Thanks for posting this. Have a great day gorgeous! Hehe..I keep falling off my fitball too LOL :-)

I've had the fit ball shoot behind me at the gym and move across the floor with me ending up sitting on my bum on the mat! Luckily no-one saw (I think?)

Good luck - I'm sure your get your abs!

I will have a look at those exercises - my stomach has been stretched to where it shouldn't have been twice too!

*ugh* Abs. Seriously ouchie! :)

Because I've had back issues in the past, normal situps are tremendously tough... but what I do with the fitball is lay on my back and put the ball under my knees (so i guess it's like sitting on the ball, but laying down *ugh* am so articulate) and I bring my knees up towards my chest.

Hardcore. You can't do it without using your abs.. it's the one way I've found that forces me to use only my abs, and not cheat.

I know exactly what you mean. I so envy those abs. You are a good girl for trying to improve yours. I have been doing crunches and I am sure my jeans are getting looser at the waist, but I certainly don't have abs of steel. LOL at you falling off the fit ball, although I shouldn't laugh cause I have never actually sat on one.

Hilarious!! I know I will never have abs of steel so there is no point in deluding myself. I just hope I don't get the big sag happening after my weight loss. If I do I will seriously have to look at a tummy tuck!! Men are so funny trying new things. LOL!! Good luck with your routine.

Good on you for doing this! Please keep us updated on your progress, and well bloody done on having a waist, knees and arms again!!

LOL I was picturing you cracking up and toppling off the fitball - I have never used one of those things.

Brandy is stunning isn't she. I read somewhere that if you do stomach exercises wrong you end up with a "dome" shaped belly...... I am using this as my excuse anyway

Hmm, I might have to give her killer ab workout a go too. Pilates is going alright for me (for core stability and strengthening my back) but I need something to give my tummy its marching orders. So tired of looking pregnant! But I'm doubtful I'll get abs like Brandy's ... can you imagine touching them? They must be so hard! I'll be happy just to be beer-belly less.

This fitball stuff sounds like entertainment for the whole family! Great work on making a change in your exercises.

I regret not concentrating on muscles - My tummy is ok but I have more cellulite on my legs and bum than anyone I've ever met, including my mum, my partners mum and his grandma. Pretty sad eh! I'm a bit embarrassed to do any other exercises because I'm very uncoordinated!

mmm ab work is something ive always loved doing, you will have strong abs in no time :D

If u keep loosing weight at the rate you are, i see those abs appearing overnight!!!
LOL - i am quite good at fall off swiss balls. My partner thought it was a goodtoy & faceplanted into the coffee table........I told him not to play with it! LOL

Are you selling tickets? Hehehe!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??