« Home | Abs-olutely Flab-ulous » | Captain Washing » | Weigh in - 12 » | Shanks for the memories » | Blister Zones » | Comfort Zones » | Knight in Shining Armour » | The lunch crowd » | Why don't I » | Weigh in - 11 »

Sir Prawn of Arborio

Today is Thursday. Not my normal mufti day but once again I find myself in jeans at work. Not combined with the blister from hell creating red boots, but something comfortable and old and worn. Today I am going to lunch. The girls from my work are going on a "girls lunch". We are going to Macchiato's and I have been salivating over the menu for 3 days. I am pretty sure I will be having the entree of Prawns with tomato salsa served with a castle of rice?? "A Castle" What is that? And a side salad. Fairly point friendly - I think ;)

The girls lunch is on its second run with the first one taking place about 4 months ago. It is something we started to get all the girls together, get to know one another out of the work environment, and just enjoy the company of the girls without any of the blokes getting in the way. It is really great. I often think it is really difficult to find balance and peace when you work in a large firm. Each person, each group has their own agenda and needs to support their roles and their functions in order to survive. That can sometimes breed insecurities inside your own person. Having these lunches is a wonderful way for me to find some balance. I share a huge part of my daily life with these people and I don't want to sit behind a desk, closed away from everyone and have no interaction. That does not fit with me at all. I am very lucky that in the few short years I have been in Sydney and working in the city, I have made a very good and close friend at work. Having these regular contacts has opened the doors of communication within our group and made our work place such a nice place to want to come to each day.

Now if I can only work out a way to get them to do my job everyday so that I can spend the whole day blogging :) LOL - Not going to happen!

Points FTD: 27
Sugar Points: 11.5 (that explains the headache this morning!)
Points Left FTW: 80.5
Exercise: Walk to Central. Abs - day 2

Love your titles - LOL! Have a great time at lunch and well done on your healthy choice - enjoy!!

Oooh, you just made it in for my morning read. I decided 9am was my cut off time but I'll make it 10am now ;-)

I ended up going for a walk and am saturated whilst sitting here but it was worth it!

I really like the idea of a "girls lunch". We had the pub thing going at FFX but it always ended up being a little whingy and miserable. Can I come to yours LOL! Open communication is so important and it's great to form friendships. Gosh, in an office we work so damn close together everyday, people should relax a little.

A castle of rice..mm, now that's something Dan is going to appreciate.

Remember now, once in the morning and once at night LOL.

Have a great lunch beautiful!

Office lunches?!! Love it! I'm glad that you've landed a job that allows you to work with such great people. It makes it all a bit easier!

How was your ab workout?

So impressed with you!!! My abs are killing from the few thingers i did at PUMP. Such a woos!!

Yum, the prawns sound delish. Hope they are as yummy as they sound. Have a lovely friendly lunch. I miss my friends from work now I have "retired".

I love it - I do a similar thing but with all my husbands mates ex-girlfriends!! You form such a bond with these people trying to make them feel accepted and part of the group and then BAM! they break up and your left to do it all over again. Not that I want anyone to feel like they have to keep a relationship going just for my sake but I think I just open myself up too much. I form really good close friendships up with these women as they also do with each other so we decided to make a date every couple of months to catch up for lunch/dinner. We still talk and email but we all miss actually seeing each other. Sorry for the long winded comment - but your post really got me started and I think I needed to vent!!! LOL!!!

Hey, we're trying to get rid of the whole whingy and miserable bit! ;). (M, Mary and I used to work together and, yeah, a lot of our out-of-work discussions were whingy and miserable, hehe!)

Girls lunches sound awesome, M. I hope you have a great time! Mary tells me you work for Telstra, which office? My man is in the Bigpond office on Clarence Street.

Have a great day!

:) Sarah

What a nice thing to do! It's really nice when you get work colleagues that can relate to each other outside of work. Have a wonderful time, and do enlighten us on the castle of rice once you have had it :-)

LOL I have no idea what a castle of rice is but it sounds like a rather large serving...with a moat!

Have a fantastic lunch

RYN: OMG your so right. Last night I left the cereal out and just cuddled him on the couch instead and he didn't mention buying treats.

what a lovely thought that he liked the cuddly bit more than the sweeties.

I love the WW sponge cake ideas though, will look for them in shopping today

Your so clever!

i can definitely appreciate the girls lunches - a group of us at work try to lunch once a week & its great! glad you had fun! :)

enjoy your prawns sounds super tasty :D maybe a castle of rice is a fancy appealing way of saying a huge frekin mound that will put you into a carb coma :)

Yes it is hard when you have to work with people more than you have with your own family sometimes. It is nice to go out for lunch because out of the work environment is much better and people tend to relax.

Hey M
hope you had a nice lunch with the girls, i need help again, my blogs not working, the last few days i have tried to post but it disappears when i publish it. today i posted my weight lose of 1.7kg but its done the same thing, it is showing up when i click on june archives and then it shows in the previous posts, please help as i want to tell everyone i have lost 1.7kgs
thanks fiona
im going away this weekend but if you could email me or post a comment that would be great
thanks fiona

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??