« Home | Weigh in - 12 » | Shanks for the memories » | Blister Zones » | Comfort Zones » | Knight in Shining Armour » | The lunch crowd » | Why don't I » | Weigh in - 11 » | Late Sunday Post » | An Ode (or is that An Oh Dear) »

Captain Washing

DH & I chose to be parents. When we decided we wanted to be a family we were very blessed that we got pregnant quite quickly - both times. We are extremely lucky that both our boys are fit and healthy and clever little monsters. I love the chaos that is my life and do not want it to be any other way. That doesn't mean however that I do not sometimes wish for a little time on my own. Time to do the laundry without having a "helper" re-sort the piles. Time to put away clean clothes without the clothes basket becoming a boat and the clothes are the baddies that had to be thrown overboard. Time to have a bath - when there is only me in it. LOL.

So upon return home yesterday morning I decided I would have my breakfast whilst catching up on blogs, then I would go and have a lie down - to get over my cold. Then, when putting the dishes back in the kitchen I thought to myself "I wonder what the dining table looks like again" so I cleared the table and put the toys, books, papers, clothes and rubbish all where it belonged. Well I couldn't have a clean table and not see the floor, so that got tidied too. Then the kitchen, then the bathroom, the hall, both boys rooms, and the lounge. When that was finished and I was mopping the floor I had to admit that I really didn't seem that sick after all. I think that the fact that I was a little sick, coupled with the sheer exhaustion that comes from living in a messy house, just got me down - and the opportunity to clean in a child free home was just too good to pass up on. Then I felt guilty because I really should have been at work.

BUT after a good day, where I did not let the fact that I was not feeling well dictate to me what I should eat, I feel refreshed, I feel happier, I feel so much better. I stuck to my points. I indulged a little (found the ww frozen apple & cinnamon sponge and the sticky date pudding - Yumm) but also had soup and a delicious bacon and tomato salad for lunch. I had fruit and yoghurt. So I am raring to go. Ready to play Captain of the washing basket again. Ahoy there me hearties ;)

Thank you all for your kind messages yesterday - both for this silly cold and for my progress. It means a lot to receive that support. Thanks.

Points FTD: 25.5
Sugar Points: 7.0
Points Left FTW: 128.5
Exercise: None. Incidental house cleaning.

Hehe, we have a washing monster like that too - she loves flinging it all around the house - but only the folded stuff of course!! :-) Well done on keeping on track despite not feeling the best - you are a legend! :-)

Sometimes you need a day alike that - you weren't really well enough to be at work!

Have a great day and hope you are soon feeling much better. Also good on you for being on track - not always easy when you are not 100% well.

You will miss your litle washing monsters! mine are past that now, but it was great now that I look back.
I think when the house is clean - we do feel better!!
Good on you for keeping on track:)

It is so much easier to clean when nobody is under you feet. Glad you are feeling OK. Nice for you to have a day to yourself, don't feel guilty.

LOL the joys of motherhood - those days with time to ourself are to be cherished

I have a very special washing monster - he has been doing all his own washing (including bed linen) since he was 9! And I don't care whether or not he irons his clothes - I don't have to wear them. Glad to hear you're feeling better. There's something about that 'clean house glow' that always perks us up.

Wow - you're an inspiration, cleaning and eating well while feeling full of the cold! Don't feel too guilty about not working. Somedays you need to take extra care of yourself in order to get back to normal and to be able to care for the littlies in your life. I laughed about your "helpers" helping you with the washing. I had that yesterday. My 10 month old was trying to crawl and climb into the basket while I was folding the washing, and my other 3 year old was re-arranging the piles. It can be frustrating at times, but on the inside I have a big smile!

You know what? Last week without Alex was a bit like that for me. We have decided to remain child-free, but can I just tell you that sometimes I reckon that I just have a 29 yr old child (never mind that I'm only 27!)

I got alot of that stuff done last week and it felt so so good. I'm glad that you were able to get all that stuff done. You are doing so fantastically well to juggle a family, full time work and your WW journey.

what an inspiration!

Hehe, I can see the images of the little helper elves :-) So much for a day off too. It's so hard to stop when you start cleaning because we need balance hey, it's a Virgo thing LOL. Love ya work sista!

cleaning the house & eating well while sick - ur a legend! dont feel bad about not being at work - its called a mental health day - good to help keep us sane!

Me like your crazy headings. Captain Washing. Shanks for the memories. Oops, me almost write 'mammaries'. But dat rude. Me go now.

awww wanna come over and clean my house? i promise a kiddy free environment, not a kitty environment though ;)

Hope you're feeling much better now. I can sympathise with you.

I did the same thing with the house when I was at home last week. Felt so guilty being at home for 4 days that I had to at least clean the house and do the ironing.

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??