« Home | I've got shovels! » | Weigh in - Challenge W5 » | Sticky » | Teamwork » | 3D Imagery » | The Letter "S" » | Tonsilitis » | Weigh in - Challenge W4 » | Weigh in - Challenge W3 » | Wonderful people »

Brrrrrrrr

The weather has turned decidedly frosty, and wet, and in my house the room that houses the pc has no heating. I live in an old house, with high high ceilings and whilst this is brilliant at keeping the house temperate during the summer months it is an absolute ice-box in the winter. Therefore I have been spending my evenings snuggled up under the quilt watching TV in front of the heater, usually after a mammoth effort to keep my steps above 15,000. After reading Sue's post about averages I realised that I too slacken off on days when I know other days have kept my average for the week up, so I made a deal with myself to hit a minimum of 15,000 a day regardless of high days . With the rain it has been tough but so far I have done it.

-- Happy Birthday Nat *mwah*

-- The Nordic Walking part II is booked. If you are available in Sydney on Saturday 17th June at 8.00am please feel free to come along. Mary has the details on her blog and if you could respond to her there so we could let Anja know how many people are going.

-- Sydney Bloggers dinner meet. Due to the wonderful Melbournites who are coming to Sydney to partake in the City 2 Surf we will be having a dinner on the Saturday night before. 12th August. It is some way off but if you are going to be in Sydney for that evening and would consider coming, keep an eye out on the blogs for the information that will be coming out, and if you want to be in the email loop when it comes out, drop me a line with your email address and we'll make sure the info is sent out.

*******

Rundown since last post (Geez has it been that long!!)

Wednesday, 7th June
I walked home the entire 10kms today. I was unsure if the weather would be kind but it remained fine enough to do the walk. It took me 1.5 hours exactly and helped me to reach my current step total of 21,093. The total count was also assisted by a bout of sales shopping at lunch where I scored a couple of new handbags (of course which I 'desperately' needed!!) The total will climb only a little before bed as I am committed to catching up on my blogs. I know I will have to move a little to keep the circulation going but with gloves, dressing gown, ugg boots (yes I do own a pair) and a beanie I am doing my best to keep warm. And looking mighty fine too LOL.


The view over the bridge tonight - approx 4.10pm. Stunning


The view as I was about to head into Balls Head Bay. The sun setting on the clouds. Approx 5.00pm

Points 18 + dinner. Should be 23
Water 2.75L
Steps 21,093 & counting!


Tuesday, 6th June
A great day for ducks as it was 16 degrees and wet all day. I went for a walk at lunch around Hyde park and even though I had my umbrella and a sort of water proof jacket on - I got soaked. Pretty happy that I did the walk though. But then utter madness took me over and I decided to walk to Broadway in the evening. 5 minutes into the trek and the sky opened up and a deluge dumped on top of me instantly soaking me through to my undies and socks!! I figured I was too wet to hop on the bus so walked the entire way. I was never happier to get home and strip and put on a warm pair of pj's. I think I need to buy a raincoat..

Steps 16,401


Monday, 5th June
Weighed in this morning at 77.5 which is 300gms up from last week. My exercise has been brilliant but along with the extra activity has come the extra appetite. I am not being as strict with myself, in fact I am practicing no strictness at all and whilst I know the cold weather can do this - there is an awful lot of cold weather still to come so I need to reign it in a bit (that reign bit was not intended to be a pun but I laughed anyway :D ) On the positive side my legs are looking a little leaner and I feel like I am recovering from an exercise day better than before.

Steps 18,663


Sunday, 4th June
I wasn't sure how I was going to walk enough to get my steps up today so suggested to Mark that we go shopping in the City. And walk there! I pushed the pram, Mark strapped on the backpack and with children in tow off we set. It was a brilliant walk topped off by lunch at the Lowenbrau and bumping into Mary and Daniel in Myer. After a weird 1 second of worlds-colliding feeling it was really good to have these two parts of my life meet. Other than Mark promising to have a beer with Daniel to tell him what I am REALLY like LOL. We were planning to walk home but a blow out in the region of Oscar's nappy had us scuttling for the nearest train and the quickest route home. It was a great day.

Steps 17,109


Saturday, 3rd June
The morning walk was pre-planned not to go ahead as inclement weather was forecast. Lucky for me it turned out beautifully and I just had to work out where to walk. So I strapped Oscar in the pram (poor boy is getting quite a lot of fresh air lately) and I walked the 5km to Darcy's tennis lesson. Mark drove and I met up with them there. It was a beautiful walk. I didn't realise there was a national park so close to home (in that direction) and I took a couple of photos. It never ceases to amaze me that I can live so close to one of the largest cities in this country and still feel like I am in the middle of no-where. Lovely.

Steps 17,989

Thanks for the catch up - on your blog and on the phone. As usual it was lovely talking to you and I am really glad that we can stay in touch like this.
Have a great evening and hope it all goes well with Darcy's finger.
Me

holy crap woman. i dont know what else to say... you take so many steps! its awesome, i really do want to get moving too lol have to see if the pedometer M fixedup is still working. Dutch 'get moving' campaigns say to lose weight a person must take at least 15,000 steps per day and to maintain health 10,000 is enough. Guess i better get stepping :) Cheers matey

You have been such a trooper and it puts me to shame. Ooohhh, we were caught in the deluge yesterday too. Pretty impressive and yes, thoroughly wet. Eating more in winter is a given but our metabolisms work faster yeah and I guess we just gotta keep moving. I so need a royal kick up the ass. Your steps are making me realise I gotta move!

How cool was it to meet Mark!! He's so good looking and he also seems so familiar to me but I don't know where from?? I was especially in a daze because I had been at work all morning since the early hours so I was lost for conversation but it was great to finally meet the whole family :-) LOL yep, Dan took note of the beer offering, ha!

Enjoy the rest of your week...

Awesome exercise and well done on not letting the rain slow you down... I liked "poor boy is getting quite a lot of fresh air lately"... enjoy the rest of your week. xx

Beer makes the world go round. Not gravity or lava, but beer.

Which causes me trouble, because I'm not really a big beer drinker.

I should drink more.

Those walks sound like a lot of fun despite the rain. I am finding I am very hungry with the cold weather and increased exercise as well. We just have to try to track a bit more effectively. Does seem hard in teh evenings when feeling cold doesn't it? We will do it though and I am sure those leaner legs balance out any tiny gain on the scales.

Well done on the walking :)

I know what you mean about cold, old houses. Sometimes it's a struggle to leave the heater to go to the loo.

Love the photos! Keep them coming!!

I think it is so awesome that you guys all support eachother and actually meet up. I would love that support and sisterhood here. You guys are really lucky you know that?!!

Hi there, first time commenter here. Just wanted to say how impressed I am you are out and about in this weather. It's a killer!!!!

Oh dear the weather really has been pretty unpredictable lately. Gorgeous one minute crap the next! Just wish it would do one or the other!!

Your walking has to be commended. Well done on the 10klm's home and what awesome views to walk amongst. It's true that we really do take our surrounding for granted. Once this baby is born I plan on having quite a few more day trips with Jamie and bubs into the city and just walk around. Would do us all good to just get out in the fresh air! XX

Wow M, your steps have been amazing. Such wonderful sights to see on your walks too. You are very lucky.
Hope you manage to keep warm and yes, my deck has been a real skating rink lately! Much nicer to curl up with a glass of red and my knitting needles (oh yes, and DH) by the heater.

Wow @ your steps - well done!! Argh, I've been trying to comment on your blog all day - stupid blogger!
I was so excited to read about the Lowenbrau because I've been there!! Hehe.
Love the photos :-)

WOW! Go you with the steps! Your doing an awesome job!
I bet your weight will really benefit!

wow, what a post!!!
as it is 10pm & I am getting tired, i'll keep it short n sweet :)
great to catch up on your week so far, great pics & never mind the gain, remember muscle does weigh more than fat & you have upped the exercise heaps!

wow 15000 steps thats great im flat out getting about 8000 a day. But i can now jog for 30mins.
Bummer i wont be able to make the blogger dinner again, i will be in scotland.
Have a lovely long weekend

Wow - great week round up (and what commitment to blogland that you have written such a long post in your heat-deprived PC room!) - so where have you walked to now on your global corporate challenge?

Beautiful photos by the way.

I'm almost tempted to try the C2S just so I can head up north and meet you!

BTW, the letter F post hopefully will be posted over the long weekend - haven't forgotten, spare time's just at a minimum.

Have a great weekend Margaret, Ails xxx

Fatnastic amount of steps! What a beautiful city to step out in!!!

I haven't forgotten my letter W either:)

Reading your post was just exhausting but good on you your effot is just amazing and very inspiring. The photos of Sydney where just stunning, it reminds me of that beautiful city we do live in.

Hope you have a great long weekend!

You sydneyites don't really know what it's like to be cold....-1 degree here last night - now that's cold!! I had to scrape frost off my windscreen!!

I even kept the heating on overnight...something I never normally do - and try getting up at 5.30am to go for a run. I tell you the nipples definitely get a bit of a workout!!

Fantastic effort on the walking - you rock!

Still deciding on the C2S - Must make a decision soon!

Hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

i know! so bloody cold but with views like that I reckon i could alsmot pull myself out of bed! I walk to the airport - oh so boring scenery wise!

Okay now, I consider myself a busy woman. But how on EARTH do you fit everything in? You work, you exercise and you have children who are nowhere near the self-managing age yet! And that's nowhere near a full list of everything you do.

How are you beautiful? Hope you had a nice long weekend.

I don't know how to manage to do everything that you do. I am in awe.

Hope to talk to you again soon xxxx

Hey M....hard to keep up with you...just dropping in to say hi and catchin up on your posts. BTW - I totally empathise with you about the getting to the pub thing. I have been known to do those kind of things too but I guess part of this journey is not just the results on the scale but the life changes we make with it that go hand in hand......have a great week.lb.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??