« Home | Teamwork » | 3D Imagery » | The Letter "S" » | Tonsilitis » | Weigh in - Challenge W4 » | Weigh in - Challenge W3 » | Wonderful people » | Happy but sad » | Back It Up » | Different Channels »

Sticky

Any company that has a slogan "Let us make you sticky!" deserves your attention. (more later)

I have had a huge weekend so far and I can't believe there is still one day left. That is what happens when I go out on a Friday night. For some reason it tricks my body into thinking Saturday is Sunday and then Sunday is this extra day tacked on the end. It is fantastic. And also shows you that I don't get out much LOL. (photo to prove I don't always wear 3D glasses!)

Friday night was great as I went out to help Cath celebrate her 26th Birthday. Which is today. Happy Birthday Cath. ssssshh I meant to whisper that. Ooops :D It was great and involved a lot of laughing, talking (you can confirm that with Mary as I didn't really let her get a word in LOL), and topped off a great day of exercise with a grand spanking total of 18,005 steps logged at the end of the day. Some of which was when Mary and Daniel acted as bodyguards and walked me to the station. Thanks guys. I was tired but it felt so good. I had started the day with a walk around the park near the Sydney University, across the road from the Broadway Shopping Centre and as my camera is still a new toy I took a few pictures, a couple of which I shall bore you with now :D



Then it was Saturday and the morning of our Nordic Walking expedition. With poles at the ready we prepared to do battle with any malingering runner, walker or cyclist who dared get in our way. Luckily the heavens opened up and scared all but the most keen of Nordic Walkers - oh that was us! - off. We walked one round of Centennial Park and then retreated to the cafe for a body warming drink - skinny hot chocolate being my choice. Yummmm. Anja was fantastic and felt badly for the weather so has offered us a make up lesson. Which we will be taking her up on. After some discussion is had with dates I believe Mary will be posting the information and anyone who was unable to make it today and would like to come, please come along as it was a hoot. After a bit of uncoordnated action at the beginning I felt like I got the hang of it and once you break out in a bit of a stride you can start to feel it in different areas. The back of the arms, the thighs, calves, and my abs can all feel it now and I hope will not be too sore tomorrow. An hour flew by as we chatted and laughed our way through the lesson. We took photos (as you do!) and the photos show us at the beginning with our poles, the end, and then Anja with her partner Andreas. What a couple of hotties ;D

So what is this about Sticky then?

Well, Mark and the boys picked me up on Oxford Street (as Mary, Sarah, Bron & I had headed in a City-ly direction) and after changing into a dry set of clothes thoughtfully provided, we headed into Bondi Junction. There I witnessed a most fascinating site. Two guys proceeded to roll together blobs and globs of hard candy together to make one HUGE 10kg roll that was made up of greys, black, white and red. They kept convincing us that at the end there would be a Koala hidden in the middle. This amused Darcy no end and at the end they had produced these amazing candies that did indeed have a koala hidden in the middle. I have never seen anything like it and it was brilliant.

So now it is 6.35pm. I am currently on 13,088 steps for the day. The boys are sitting having their dinner in an almost well behaved manner. And I have had a wonderful discussion with a very special someone (thank you *mwah*). And it wasn't Mark LOL. It has been a great day. What could I possibly do to make it any better???

Answer - drink loads of champage whilst watching a DVD sitting in a hot bubble bath. That is my plan :D

Wow... walking with those sticks looks interesting hun. I bet you have sore arms after the first time using them as it makes you move more muscles than you think it would aye... hmmm me rambling on again he he he.

You look FANTASTIC in the photos hun... he he he not as funny as the one with the glasses though.. he he he

Love CM

Nordic walking sounds awesome - thought about trying it but think maybe I may do myself some damage LOL. Keep up the great work with your steps you will do you team proud!

Sounds like you're having a great weekend! I like the sound of watching a DVD from the bath, unfortunately I can't see my TV from the bathroom!
Bri

aww dont you all look fabulous and having a grand old time! i love it :) have a lovely weekend M

M you look incrdible, and I really mean that. Obviously all that exercise is toning you up. Sounds like you are having lots of fun as well. Godo for you honey. Stay fit and healthy and keep up that enthusiasm for life.

Champagne....did I hear you mention Champagne??

Looks like you all had a great time!

Hope you don't stay sore for too long!

Enjoy your bath!

Pfwoar! (And for once I don't mean you, Mary and Sarah.) Andreas is nearly enough to get me over my fear of walking with poles. Glad you had a good day regardless of weather.

They make the lollies of which you speak both in the Royal Arcade and at the Vic Market. I could never just keep walking, it's too cool. We had some made for my Nanna's birthday - yep 10kg of it! Needless to say it's STILL doing the rounds.

Pfwoar! (And for once I don't mean you, Mary and Sarah.) Andreas is nearly enough to get me over my fear of walking with poles. Glad you had a good day regardless of weather.

They make the lollies of which you speak both in the Royal Arcade and at the Vic Market. I could never just keep walking, it's too cool. We had some made for my Nanna's birthday - yep 10kg of it! Needless to say it's STILL doing the rounds.

Hope the champers went down well!

What a fabulous weekend! My weekend is quite dull compared to yours. Luckily it is a long weekend in the states so my Monday will be my Sunday. YAY.

That Nordic walking looks fabulous!

Love the pics! I'm so glad you got the camera!! I always love seeing what others are doing! I wish I could have joined you guys...it looks like fun and work I would enjoy!!

Mmm, let us make you sticky, sounds like fun ;-)

LOL you were very funny on Friday night and if you do the talking, I'll be happy to do the drinking but hey, I did *manage* to get a few words in *hehe*.

And how cool was Anja and Andreas..oh yeah, and the Nordic walking. That was fun and I look forward to having a better run of it in nicer weather. I'll post details up tonight when I get home from work. Man, did your arms hurt? Mine did at midnight but are ok now. Obviously used muscles that I don't use when doing my free weights. Wow.

Mmm, rock candy with pretty pictures. When I worked at AAP, we used to get them made up with the company logo for clients. Of course we consumed most of them.

Roc Candy
www.roccandy.com.au

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Wow M, you look fantastic! SO SLIM!!!! And both you and Mary look a shining picture of health!
Sounds like a fun time both out on Friday night and the nordic walking. YUM to the candy!

What a great weekend! And you are looking fantastic, with or without 3d glasses!

I'm going back to read the details of your digi camera cos i'm thinking of buying one myself :)

walking with the poles looks like fun. love the pic with the 3d glasses on. its actually quite amazing how they get the pictures or words inside those candies.
sounds like you had a great weekend
fiona

Sounds like you are having a fantastic weekend! hope its still going great guns!
I absolutely LOVE the skirt you are wearing, I seen a similar one the other day, same style but grey pinstripe & I almost brought it but decided it would look much better on a slimmer person & looking at your pic, you are proof of that! Mary's scarf is also super cute, you two are styling!

Now have you dyed your hair dark or is that just the lighting??

Nordic walking sounds interesting & how cool is it that you get another session. I'm imagining that you wil be just a little sore today but sounds like a fun way to work out!

Oh those candies are so cool, we actually have a shop in christchutch that makes something similar & they make them for business's, they put their name in them! my friend went to a recruitment agency & got some rock candy from them with "grahams consulting" in the middle. I guess it makes them memorable!

Sounds like you have beeb doing super awesome with your steps too, especially on friday, wow!

hope u enjoyed the champers in the bubble bath!

Sounds like you had a terrific weekend and the photos are great!

You look gorgeous in those photos! So slim!! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!!

Beautiful photo! You look so young and healthy and vibrant. :D

That koala thing is absolutely tops, I've never seen anything like that. Good luck with keeping on top of the Corporate Challenge!

You really look gorgeous in your photos - so healthy and thin. I'm jealous you and Mary get to hang out with each other. Have a fantastic week.

WOW~!!! What a great photo of you, you are looking SOOOOOOOOOO slim! And its no suprise with your fabulous exercise!

Cool post - you made me smile the whole way through :-)

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Glad to hear it!! The way they make that candy is awesome. A friend of mine had those made for her wedding. Inside it read something like "BW + JC". Can't remember exactly but thought it was pretty special. XX

What an incredible weekend! I reckon you need that bubble bath just to unwind from all that stuff you did. And I am SO JEALOUS about the champagne. Not fair.

You're looking fabulous too. I want to see some really early shots compared with the most recent ones - I bet we'd hardly recognise you! You're doing great, and I hope those injuries don't plague you anymore.

Great photos Darl - and aren't you looking fantastic!!

You are looking GORGEOUS in those photos!!
and the 3d ones was cute too! tehehe!
(how was that anyway? i saw the ad... looked a little scary without the 3d!)
and those sweets are so cool! i went to a wedding recently and they had lollies like that that had the bride and grooms name in them, and i just fiind that amazing!!
the nordic walking sounds so intense! no wonder you are sore! and remember, being sore means you ahve to keep on doing it so you get to a point where you are not sore! so go for it! YAY!!
:)
Rae xx

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??