« Home | Tonsilitis » | Weigh in - Challenge W4 » | Weigh in - Challenge W3 » | Wonderful people » | Happy but sad » | Back It Up » | Different Channels » | Recipe - Chicken & Mushroom Risotto » | Recipe - Spinach and Pumpkin Curry » | Weigh in - Challenge W2 »

The Letter "S"

Another Blogging game....If you want to play, let me know in a comment and I'll give you a letter. The rules are, you take the letter given to you and you have to come up with 10 words that start with that letter and how it pertains to your life in some way. ( I got this from Sarah)

Here's mine:

Special - Most days of my life now I feel special. I feel like I have been given a gift with the opportunity to make my life better, to allow me more years to spend with my beautiful boys, so even though some days are not great, I still feel special.

Soul Mate - Even though there are times when he frustrates me beyond belief I know Mark is my soul mate. We have been through the most incredible, and the most sad things together and he is someone who I can see myself growing old with. Growing more gorgeous and fitter with too :D

Stretched - Is how I feel with my time at the moment. I know there are many things I need to be doing and I get a bit lost when I can't seem to get on top of it all. But I also know that by focussing on my health I am allowing myself to be more energetic, more able to keep on top of the rest (well this is what I keep telling myself anyway LOL)

Sisters - I have two sisters and even though we live far apart (Sydney/Adelaide/Canada) I love the fact that our relationship has never been stronger.

Simple - Is my approach to weight loss. I don't often succeed in keeping it simple but I do try. Energy in is less than Energy Out equals Weight Loss. So I eat better food (most of the time) and exercise well (most of the time). It isn't easy but it is simple.

Smiley - Is how other people often see me. I like to be positive, and I like to smile. It makes me feel good and is a heck of a lot better than being grumpy all the time.

Salivating - Because on the way home today I walked past the bakery and the smells of the fresh donuts just about drove me crazy (but I didn't stop and get one).

Sexy - Sexy to me is not about being as skinny as I can be. Sexy is being happy with the way I look. Being confident in my actions and in my poise. Sexy is accepting that I can be many things - all at once - but only when I want to be. It is about my control and my ability to be out of control.

Sunshine - is the most wonderful thing in the world on an Autumn or Winter day. That feeling of heat on your face or your back as you are walking is what keeps me going out.

Support - Every day I am grateful for the support I continue to receive on this (to steal a phrase from Shauna) lard-busting journey of mine. It has made the difference between it being a diet and being a change I am making to all areas of my life. A diet does not address the mental and social issues surrounding obesity and weight gain. Having somewhere to go, to talk about mundane day to day issues, as well as talking about the bigger picture, has allowed me to evolve as a person. Every kg of fat that has disappeared from this body has been replaced by tonnes of compassion, empathy, tolerance, understanding, and humour. And the beauty of that is it weighs nothing :D

*** Edit ***

Your letters

A B C D E F G H K L M P R T W

Aww poor Darcy - hope he gets well soon. xx.

I love your 'S' post especially 'Simple'. One of the things our fantastic life coach has been telling us is instead of being an 'all or nothing' person, adopt an 'all or mostly' attitude. Simple.

What a great post - please let me have a letter although I am not making any promises about when I can get my list done !!!

Another S for you is :
Such a great friend !

Take care and continue to be good to yourself because you are so worth it !

Lotsa hugs
Me

Hope Darcy recovers soon!

Great Post....I'd love a letter too!!

great list! I won't put my hand up for a letter as I'm not much good at these things!

Hope your wee boy is feeling better soon!

I love those posts - just learning a little more about you is cool!

I hope your wee boy is better very soon!!

most EXCELLENT answers :) s is for smart cookie!

can i play?

Schatje! because you are such a darling xoxox your salivating got me salivating ohhh sweet evil bakery... i would like to give it a go and see what comes of it too

great letter for you, you came up with some great words.
Hope little man is ok with his tonsilitis.
fion

What a great post! I'd love to have a letter and do the same thing please. :)

I hope Darcy gets better quickly. :)

I just wanted to say that I love what you wrote on Mary's post about getting rid of things. I have a Christmas Card list too, and have a dozen or so names on there which I hadn't realised were "remember me" ones until I read your post on Mary's blog. Thank you M, you continue to improve not only your own life, but the lives of others around you. You will never know how much we appreciate it, but we do!
Bri

Oh and I would love a letter too, don't know when i'll get around to doing it, but it would be great fun.
thanks
Bri

Awww u learn so much from someone from something so small... and also doing the letter thing would make u think about things in ur life that really mean something to you.

Ness

Hi Margaret. Nice to meet you. I'd love to play along. I'll try and do it tomorrow.

Bwahaha..you sure do have some time on hand. Sorry I haven't been replying to emails etc. I've been working overtime and work Sundays too now. I will get 'round to replying to all the emails soon. Chat more soon and enjoy the rest of your week!

Hope Darcy is much better now and you are both well rested. Wonderful,honest, truthful, insightful post as always.

Hope Darcy is feeling better soon, this time of year sucks for getting sick.

I LOVE you list, it shows what an amazing person you are! Can I have a letter too? :O)

I'll throw my name in the hat for a letter hunny. It's a great list. Must take awhile to put together.

This post made me cry. You have such a beautiful way of articulating the important things in your life and how you have changed in this journey.

What a fantastic post Margaret - I can't describe the joy I get when I visit your blog and find you've written something new. There's so much to learn from you, so thank you for sharing so much of your life with us.

BTW, can I play too? I'd love a letter as well :D

Hi Margaret, I just found your blog through Shauna. I'm an Aussie (who grew up in Sydney, moved to MA, USA & now living in Estonia). I like your attitude to life & losing weight.

If you are still playing & there are some letters remaining, may I have one, please?

I would like a letter!

Thank you very much for this idea. I am going to keep my kids so busy with this game.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??