« Home | Happy but sad » | Back It Up » | Different Channels » | Recipe - Chicken & Mushroom Risotto » | Recipe - Spinach and Pumpkin Curry » | Weigh in - Challenge W2 » | Me Sore » | Who needs an ipod anyway? » | Planning is my key » | Weigh in - Challenge W1 »

Wonderful people

Today has been a wonderful and unexpected day. And a very long day. It started off with the now regular Saturday morning walk around Sydney with Mary and Cath. I would have thought a 7.30am start on a weekend would be hard to do but it is surprisingly easy and the absolute best time to do it - before it gets really crowded. As I was packing a little extra weight today (courtesy of Oscar in a backpack) we avoided the particularly stairy area of the Rocks and headed into the Botanical Gardens for a wander around Mrs Macquaries Chair. It was spectacular. Walking along the water is so peaceful, and beautiful with all the trees. I walked as fast as I could but felt that I was slowing the pace of the morning down. Carrying the extra 12+kgs put a lot of pressure on my knees - especially when climbing stairs - and I felt that I had more difficulty in breathing and talking during a steady climb. I was never more happy than when I could sit down and unstrap the weight and just walk away from it. Wish I could do it with the rest but I know I will have to work for that :D

I made it home with 45 minutes to spare to shower and frock up for a day at the races. Mark had been invited to Royal Randwick for what I thought was just an industry affair. It turned out to be a major event to raise money for The Shepherd Centre which works with children who are deaf or hearing impaired with an aim of helping them to learn to speak and to communicate in a hearing world. It was a great day. We were on a table with some really interesting people, had great conversation, great food, and watched some fantastic horseflesh go thundering past. A win on the ponies would have been nice, but our table did OK by winning a bottle of champagne per person. Got to be happy with that! So adding to the 14,568 steps for the walk this morning, I probably walked around for 3 of the 5 hours we were there so I am sure if I had worked out a way to wear my pedometre I would have clicked over the 20,000.

My plan for this evening (once the boys were in bed) was to post and finally catch up on last weeks news and posts from around the grounds, but after just having hung up on a 4 hour phone call I am not sure I will last another 5 minutes. I will remember to stretch, to minimise the expected soreness tomorrow, then I will fall happily onto my nice, soft, pillow and ..... z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z


Trackback
Points: 22
SP: 2
Exercise: 2hr walk around Sydney (hard), 3 hours of general walking - in 3 inch heels! (easy)

Yeah for unstraping that 12kg. i think we all wish that we could unstrap it. But just think that Oscar's 12 kg isnt that 18kg that you have already unstrapped.
The walk sounded nice, i wish there where bloggers that lived near me that i could walk with. I guess the dogs or my own thoughts will have to do
have a good day.
p.s. just did my c25k 20min non stop and i did it yeah

Happy Mothers Day M. Hope you're getting spoilt rotten!
Bri

wow, u certainly had a busy day! must of been quite a walk with DS2 on your back! you certainly did very well! & then to wander round for 3 hrs in heels is pretty impressive!
hope u had a great sleep & u r having a nice mothers day today :)

Sounds like you had a fantastic day. It's great to have regular walking buddies. Hope u are having a nice Mother's Day.

What a lovely day. And thank you for reminding me of a part of Sydney I enjoyed so much!

A very long day indeed for you miss! I was so impressed that you carried Oscar for as long as you did without ever really slowing down.

Great to hear the races wasn't a farce after all and it was for a really good cause. Whoot, on winning the champers!

Have a great week!

x

I'm tired just reading about your day!

No doubt carrying Oscar around made you think back to what it was like when you couldn't just unstrap 12kgs. I wonder how many additional kjs you would burn while carrying the extra weight...

No frocked-up photos?

OMG you carried Oscar around on your back the entire way!! You are a dead set legend! That would have been so tough but alas the scale gods will be shining down on you for it!

I love going to the races. I hope you enjoyed your day out! XX

and im sure he had the time of his life lol nice to just unstrap it whenever though isnt it? id like to do that once in a while...put 30kg on the bench and run a little easier :) itll take a while but im getting there, nice to read about your busy but fun day!

You did so well walking for 2hrs with Oscar on your back! I'm really impressed! Plus all the extra walking at the races, I'm sure you slept VERY well that night!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your Mum - how technological of your Mum to use a Webcam, wow! I don't think mine knows how to turn on a computer! Let us know if you can work out tables in Blogger, it's something I'd like to try if I could work it out :S That bikini is soooo cute - and buying a size 12, that would have brought a huge smile to your face!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??