« Home | 3D Imagery » | The Letter "S" » | Tonsilitis » | Weigh in - Challenge W4 » | Weigh in - Challenge W3 » | Wonderful people » | Happy but sad » | Back It Up » | Different Channels » | Recipe - Chicken & Mushroom Risotto »

Teamwork

OK so that's long enough for my mug shot to be top of the page. ;)

All along this journey I have made sure that I was doing it for the right reason. For me. That way if I didn't eat well, or if I was slack on the exercise front I had no one I could blame or justify to myself that as I wasn't doing it for myself - I may as well not do it. So along I go.

But, being part of a challenge that involves a team is something that I think will be very good for me. Today is the first day of the Global Corporate Challenge and along with 6 team mates I aim to clock as many steps a day as I can in order to walk around the globe, starting in Perth and ending up in China. I had set a personal goal of walking a minimum of 10,000 steps a day but aiming to increase this to 15,000. I pretty much calculated that during a work day this would be no problem. A 45 minute walk at lunch, a 30 minute walk after work, and general activity should cover it. But at home this is another matter.

If the challenge had not started today I would have clocked up less that 6,000 steps. Which is all I could muster in the last couple of days. But today I just felt like I couldn't let that happen. That I would be letting the team down if I didn't at least hit 10,000. So whilst it was nice and sunny this afternoon I put Darcy in the stroller and set off for a walk to North Sydney to post some DVD's to my folks and the inlaws and then wandered around and up and down hills until I had clocked up 7,000. Doing some shopping and general stuff got me to 9,000 and I have walked up and down the hallway and around the dining table to clock up the last 1,000. So I have met my first minimum target.

I am pretty happy with that and it has shown me (once again) that I can fit extra movement into my day. I just need to want to badly enough.

So off to bed now to try and get a few hours of sleep in before what I am sure will be a repeat of last night, and the night before, and the night before that and anything coming close to beauty sleep will be a mere figment of my overly active imagination :)

Congrtas on motivating yourself to get those steps up. I predict you will really benefit from this corporate challenge.

You'll have to keep us informed on your walking 'travels' - maybe a map with regular updates??? I think this challenge sounds great!

Great chllenge M and looking forw3ard to seeing your progress. I know wearing a pedometer keeps you going to get up to the migcal figure.

Can I have a letter too!!

Yay for more dodgy photos - lol!

I'm asking for a pedometer for my bday because mine has gone kaput, and I loved the way it would push me to just fit a little bit extra in each day! :-)

It's amazing how having a target makes you fit in more steps. I'm managing to fit in over 15,000 a day now - mind you, I'm still working out of two offices as the laptop saga continues. Harumph!

You have just reminded me that my steps have been less than pitiful lately. Must find my pedometer. Happy Friday!!! I love Fridays.
Bri
xxx

M you are my inspiration. I don't tell you enough that is for sure. I cannot express in words today how your post tonight has made me feel apart from I am going to do this!!! you have shown me the light he he.

Love ya heaps
CM

Maybe I should get a pedometer, start recording my steps. Yes, you have to have goals for yourself, but there is nothing wrong with having some help along the way.

I'm impressed with your efforts for clocking up the steps at home. Well done M and look forward to hearing more. Have a great weekend.

well done for going the extra mile for your team! you'll be reaping the benefits & it'll be a great help on your 12 wk challenge!

have a great wknd :D

You are going to be crazy walking lady but because of it, your team is bound to win!! :D hope you are able to get some decent sleep soon...it sucks not feeling good upon waking! i have only sympathy for this situation lol sweet dreams!

This sounds like a great challenge! A bit of pressure to not let the side down is always good! SOunds like you guys will have a great chance of winning!

Good thing you like long walks now. The team challenge sounds like a fantastic motivator!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??