« Home | What goes down, must come up » | Still going » | Little Scalliwag » | Weigh in - 2006/09 » | No Weigh - again » | No Weigh » | Meaning of Life » | I couldn't do it - until I did it » | Weigh in - 2006/08 » | CFM or FMB's »

Weigh In - 2006/10

Happy Anniversary to me,
Happy Anniversary to me,
Happy 1 year on this weight loss journey anniversary to M,
Happy Anniversary to me.

Today I could concentrate on the fact that I am not yet at goal after 1 year (12 months, 52 weeks, 364.25 days). I could concentrate on the fact that my weight loss over this period averaged out at 356gms per week after initially starting out at 1kgs per week. I could bemoan the fact that I am still going. But I won't

I will CELEBRATE the fact that I am still going.

I will celebrate that I :

am 18.5kgs (40.7lbs) less than when I started
have lost 19.37% of my body weight
now wear size 12 witchery jeans instead of either size 18 maternity jeans or size 36 mens.
look younger today than I did one year ago
have got off the bus opposite McDonalds every morning for a year and have not gone in there once for breakfast
have noticed the girls starting to perk up again after all the gym work I have been doing
can notice muscle definition in my arms and in my torso
can keep up with the fast ladies
have met new people I am proud to call my friends
am not afraid to do things and go places I would not have thought to do before
have taken ownership for myself and have taken steps to get fitter and healthier
can make an informed decision about food
know a binge or a blowout occassionally does not undo all the work I have done
am able to keep going, through ups and downs, great days and not so great days - I can just keep going.

And keep going is what I am going to do.
With a great big smile on my face :D

Happy anniversary to me, and if I keep losing weight at my average I will reach goal in as little as 27 weeks and I am prepared to take that long to be the best I can be (thought if it comes by quicker I won't be complaining LOL)

Congratulations!! 1 year!!

Glad you had a great visit with Jodie, and that your son is Ok:)

Congratulations M! You have done a fabulous job and have lots to celebrate!!! Your list is wonderful. The weight loss is only a small (but important) part of such an amazing list of accomplishments. I think its great that you have listed so many things, and not just the weight loss.

Have a great week :o)

PS. thanks for all your support

xxx

Big congrats on the whole journey, M. Seems like only a year ago that you started.

Oh yeah, that's what this post was about.

Congratulations! It's definitely worth celebrating that you are still going. That is worth so much more than reaching any goal. You could have starved your butt off and got to goal months ago... and be back over your start weight now! Instead you have that lovely list of things to celebrate.

Go you, you are such an inspiration :)

Congrats! That's alot to be proud about!

Well done!! That is a fantastic attitude and you are right, you should be damned proud of yourself - you have done brilliantly!! :-)

Congratulations.. Such an inspiration and I love how you take the time to write great posts and then also leave fantastic comments. yeah for you!

Congratulations! On EVERYTHING. What an inspiring person you are - best wishes for the next steps.
PS hope DS1 is better now

LBTEPA

WOW - what a weekend you had and Happy annisvery to you :)

Happy Anniversary Margaret, and a super congratulations on all your achievements to date - including your TOP attitude!!! Well done chook, and hope DS1 is feeling heaps better :-)

yeah 1 year, well done, great list of things that you have achieved.
Remember it doesnt matter how long it takes you whether it be 5 weeks 10 weeks 27 weeks or another year, you are losing weight its a long slow process. well done and keep up the great work

Congrats M,
One whole year and you are still going strong.

Keep up the good work.

Kris:)

You do such a great job of expression all the objectives you had over this past year. Your ability to define your goals makes it seem possible for the rest of us. Congratulations!!!

Wooohooooo do a little jig, do a little jig. One year today.. better that it is off slower and surely hun. I keep reminding myself about that he he he he

Love CM

All I can say is WOW. Just WOW. You rock Margaret!

all sounds like fabulous reasons to celebrate to me! quick! a celebratory run around the park and a sugar free frozen coffee to cool you off *hugs* you fabulous woman

Oh M honey, happy happy anniversary. You continue to inspire - may you long do so. Well done!
Luv
Julie

Hi M, happy happy anniversary. You continue to inspire so many people-love your new photo. Well done! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Margaret (NZ)

WOOhoooo good on ya tiger :)

What can I say that the rest haven't already said?

M - you deserve to celebrate - love your attitude, love how you listed your reasons for the celebrating.

Keep that big smile going - have a great week!!

Congratulations on your one year anniversary M!!!

Every week I look forward to reading about your journey. You always inspire, make me laugh and most importantly help me realise that I am not alone.

Have an awesome week.

You go girl !!!!!!! You have done such a fantastic job to get where you are today, and you know you have the strength to keep going!! Im proud of you! You are an inspiration to others!!

Congrats
xxx

Happy 1 Year M!!!!

Congratulations on your wonderful achievements.

Now, you know I'm not given to soppiness, but...
Congratulations on your anniversary. You have made an enormous number of positive changes in the last year. The first post of yours I ever read was the one when you'd just done your first aerobics class - can you believe how different you feel now? You have motivated and inspired not only yourself but many other people - you have certainly had a positive effect on my life. Thank you, M, for sharing your experiences with us. It has been a privilege to read your blog.

So proud of you that you are still doing this, and how far you have come from that April day in 2005. I found your blog at the end of April, when I first started my journey, and you've been an inspiration to me ever since.

Happy anniversary!! xx

Wow, you're achieved so much on a personal level for yourself in this past year. You are an inspiration not only to us but for yourself too.

Happy Anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!!!! You have a lot to celebrate and I am glad you recognise how far you have come. And M that photo is gorgeous.

Congratulations Hun on one fantastic year of change!!! I think you should also congratulate yourself for being such an amazing inspiration to us all in blogland by sharing your journey with us. Thank you!

Oh shoot, I forgot...

Love that new photo of you - you look gorgeous! Very enviable collarbones ;)

Congratulations M! Thats an impressive list of achievements hun!

Happy Anniversary!!! WHOO HOO! What an amazing year, what an amazing effort, what an amazing woman :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??