« Home | No Weigh - again » | No Weigh » | Meaning of Life » | I couldn't do it - until I did it » | Weigh in - 2006/08 » | CFM or FMB's » | My Cloud My Day » | Dance like a Butterfly » | Weigh in - 2006/07 » | Carrots »

Weigh in - 2006/09

The scales showed a number of 77.9 this morning which is a 1.6kg gain since last weigh in. This gain can be attributed solely to last week with the bulk of the damage done on the weekend. Whilst this is not a confessional I am going to list what I ate this weekend. And I am sure that I will add to the list as I remember different things. This is not being done as a punishment or as an attack on my self worth, but merely as a reminder that if I eat like this on a regular basis I will put on all the weight I have lost so far. As a side note I have to confess to thinking about food a lot lately. Every trip into the supermarket, the petrol station, the newsagent, is an assault on the senses and I am afraid that this weekend I gave in big time.

In no particular order:
1 whole block of snack chocolate (the smaller one)
apple scroll from Bakers Delight
grilled ham and cheese sandwiches (nothing low fat - lots of butter)
bourbon
meat pie with sauce
chips
chicken nuggets
bourbon
wedges
crisps
lollies
bourbon
golliwog biscuits
choc covered mother earth fruit bars (several)
custard
ww caramel sponge pudding (both)
ww irish cream mousse (both)
cheese
lemon macadamia shortbread biscuit (cafe size - HUGE)
part of McDonalds happy meal
bourbon

that was just the weekend on top of which I had chinese twice last week, and champagne (which was consumed during a fanstastic get together with JayKay - I had so much fun. It was like we were old comfortable friends. Well maybe not so old LOL), oh and a bag of milk bottles. And heaps of good healthy food too.

BUT

It is not all bad.

My exercise was exempilary which I think went a long way in keeping the numbers down.
I bought clothes on the weekend - all size 12 or medium. All will fit a little less snug with 2-3 kgs off my body but all fit.
My fitness has improved with my ability to last a whole weekend with very little sleep, 2 active hurricanes who have social lives to rival Queen Elizabeth, and a husband who spent the weekend more drunk or hungover than not.

BUT

It can be a hell of a lot better.

And it will be.

Starting now. (written at 8.05am and still going well at 8.14pm)


***


Stuff.
I have booked my appointment with the accountant to do my tax. Work was very good at sending copies of 9 years of group certificates to me quickly so I can do this and get it finished.
I have received new birth certificates and have found my passport (I have a Dutch one so need to show this for most Government related things) so as soon as the tax is done I can go to Centrelink and sort out the Child Care Benefit stuff. And anything else that comes up during that discussion.
I have done a major junk clearout and hard waste has removed that this weekend.
I have received my Harvey Norman Vouchers so I can buy a digital camera so I can take photos of the excess furniture and other things to put on Ebay.
I have booked DS1 into school for next year.
I have booked DS1 into before and after school care for next year. (I still haven't quite worked out how to work enough hours and pick up both children from different schools before they close for the day. I am sure it will come to me)
I have finished the laundry (yaaaaaaay - pity it all starts again today)
I have forgiven myself for my eating transgression and will aim to be more consistently good.

Now all you need to do to complete your life is to learn how to play banjo.

Because no matter what words you sing, they will always sound happy.

Ha. I was the first to comment. I win, girls! I win!

M, it sounds like you achieved an awful lot last week, so time well spent!!

As for the eating - I'll bet you enjoyed it, and sometimes we need to just have whatever the hell we feel like for a week and then realise that we still really want to do this and are reminded of how far we've come.

Life doesn't stop because we're on this journey.

And LOL at bourbon being on there twice!! Everything you had on the list sounded very nice, so at least you splurge in style :)

PS: Daniel, I WOULD have been first to comment but I got a phone call just I was about to post this and lost my connection! Bugger!!

Yeah, did you enjoy it? Cos that's the main thing. What are golliwog biscuits?

As Michelle said - this could have been a normal weekend's eating in the past! I like how despite you listed all the goodies you had you could still think up a positive list as well:)

You've done it and it's in the past.

Good work in sorting out the loose ends in your life!

I have never heard of golliwog biscuits either...

You sound like you have things in control - have a great week:)

I'm not worried that you have over-indulged in some naughty eating, I am just glad you are back. I was getting worried about you. It is not like you to be quiet for so long!!!
Sounds like you are back in control and you have admitted that if you kept going that way you would put on all that weight you have lost and that would be ALL TOO HARD.
Well done on the exercise and the size 12's.
Have a lovely week M, and reach forward to your goal.

Oh M it doesn't hurt you to occassionally have a week of indulgences. And sounds like you did it having fun not by comfort eating.You have been very busy and kept exercising so all is not lost. I have been doing the same for more than a week let me tell you. So now back on track and you will be rewarded by a big loss next week I am sure. Good news on the sz 12 clothes. Have a great week.

Bourbon?? I saw that one pop up a few times in your list...tuk tuk tuk... the maker of evil food choices (Well it is for me..)
God.. I really miss your posts and comments. But I am glad you are getting sorted out.
Take care and I often think of you.
Kirsty x

Oh I just love your list of food. Its a fantastic list. Wow. So you kinda like bourbon huh? Just a wild guess of mine LOL. It sounds like an indulgent time that was delicious and good for the soul. I think its all balance. Balancing the soul and the physical body, and its great that your fitness is up. I sued to have a zero fitness level and I feel so much better now, though have a long way to go in terms of fitness....like doing to 1000 steps. Things are going well for you, and that's great. I reckon that as long as you live it 'consciously' that's perfect. I find it gets worrying when I eat without thinking about it first. And you have a Harvey Norman vuocher - how great is that? Digital camera's are like little bundles of magic - gotta love them.

Wow you have been busy. I'm sure that your enjoyed your weekend though and with the number of times bourbon is listed I'm sure it didn't take too much effort either LOL!!

I've missed your posts of late. Looking forward to the old M coming back soon. XX

Bourbon - the reason Coke was invented!!!! What is a golliwog biscuit? How has that slipped under the political incorrect police's nose? Well done with the exercise and thanks for the reminder to book Josh into school next year... (OMG!)

Its been about 3 -4 weeks and 1.6kg is fairly good considering all consumed. i had a loss last fortnight but im not counting on one this week, i have been slack not counting and was sick last week so i havent done any exercise so i guess i will see how i have been
have a nice week

Hey M, how's it hanging?? I'd forgotten that you liked bourbon. Just as well really 'cos once I start on Bourbon I just can't stop at one or two....

Thanks for a lovely time last week. Wish it could have been longer!! And I don't think I missed much on TBL!

LOL how did you fit all that in!? It's good to write this down and it'll definitely make you think twice about it next time. That's why I like tracking so much. You can see the hows, whys and therefores.

You're right too, it's not all bad. Put the whole lot in perspective and damn woman, you're a size 12 now! :-)

Great to hear you had a great time with JayKay!!

LOL at Dan and Phil...dags and aren't Golliwogs technically called Scalliwags now because it was considered racist? I still call them Golliwogs too.

You did so many things!!! It must feel soooooo good!!!!

You know, after almost a year of dieting and exercising, a bad week of eating will definetely come, especially when you are closer to your goal, and you are not as self consious as you were in the begining. However, since all this work is being doing as a long process of changing lots of habbits, the most important thing is not that you indulged. The most important thing was you did exercised with a zest, although you enjoyedd your bourbon.

Have a great week and do come back to daily posting please!!!

Good on you for everything you talked about in this post (can you tell i'm tired) - I think you are amazing the way you just keep on with things. So GOOD on you!! xx

M OMG even though you ate that you still have a lot on at the moment that you are an inspiration.

Chubbymum

Cheers Margaret, glad you posted, I missed you

Margaret (NZ)

Wow, you are an honest girl M. I love how you are not geting bogged down with the excess food and giving lots of emphasis to the positive things too.Am interested to hear what sort of camera you get, I love digital cameras and am always wanting a new one. Current one is almost 2 years old so I've been very restrained. I am feeling my way around e-bay. I have made 2 small purchases and am trying to get organised to sell stuff as well. Have a great week and by the way - cheers!!!!

Me thinks you like your bourbon ;) What a busy week you have had, you've got to feel great for all you have accomplished. As for all the 'contraband' food, well, life's for the living babe, I hope you enjoyed it all. One points-unfriendly week will not be your undoing and I think this is something all of us are going to go through at some stage. Great exercise effort, btw. Have yourself a great week M :)

I don't think they call them golliwogs anymore M, so you're showing your age now. I think they're called Scalliwags. Anyway, I love your list and now I feel like all of that and more. Well maybe replace the bourbon with scotch and i'm there baby!
Hope things are getting better honey, chin up, you'll be back on track already I presume.
Still don't have email at work, but I have a gmail address now (see my profile) and you know my home email if you need to vent - or make a date to share some of that alcoholic spirit! hehe)
Bri

its admirable how you can just keep going, i love it M, its very inspiring! YOU are very inspriring :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??