« Home | No Weigh » | Meaning of Life » | I couldn't do it - until I did it » | Weigh in - 2006/08 » | CFM or FMB's » | My Cloud My Day » | Dance like a Butterfly » | Weigh in - 2006/07 » | Carrots » | Munch Munch Munch »

No Weigh - again

But it is not because things have fallen off the rails and my life is a pile of poo poo. Nope. It is because it is going really well in lots of areas and I aim to keep the ball rolling from last week and finish off the jobs I started.

It didn't take me long (about 5 minutes) to realise that even remotely blaming blogging for my lack of results at work lately was just a cop out. I still managed to fluff and fart about for a couple of days before I really got back into the swing of working for my pay. But like I did with chocolate and junk food, I needed to move blogging out of my scope in order to focus on other areas. And I did. I am happy to say that the horrid wretched project that I am working on is so much closer to completion and I know if I can get rid of it this week, then work will become a much nicer place for me to be at again.

Other tasks that I had been putting off (for 9 and 4 years respectively) got a great push along this week with me speaking to both the Australian Tax Office and Family Assistance Office to start on the long road to catching up in both of these areas. It looks like I can stave off jail time at this stage but need to keep my focus on so that I can minimise any fines that I am likely to incur. Even though I am but at the beginning of this task I feel so much better for finally just doing it!

Exercise has been fantastic last week. I changed a few things around that were not working and the result has been that I feel great and energised in relation to moving my butt. The main thing I changed was boxing on Tuesday. I realised that for the two weeks prior I did no exercise on Wed, Thu or Fri because I was so sore from boxing. So this week I moved it to Thursday and the result was that I gymed Mon & Tue, walked home from the city on Wed (whoo hooo - great walk. Took me an hour and I am so pleased with that), boxed on Thu, then had a free day on Friday. Sat and Sun there were loads of incidental but no planned exercise. This week I will continue on this plan but on Wednesday I will be catching up with Jay Kay on Wed night so will work in an extra long walk on another day.

It's funny though. I changed the boxing because I needed to in order to ensure I got in enough exercise for the week. But I fell out with a friend because of it. She felt that I was ruining her gym fun because she only wants to go on Mon, Tue, Wed and does not want to do the boxing on Thu. She won't go alone as she doesn't want to box with someone she doesn't know. I am happy that I stuck to what I needed to do and accepted that she will do whatever she wants and it is not my fault. We have recovered a bit but still have some work to do.

Eating has been excellent and bad. Excellent from the minute I wake up till the minute I get home and then it takes a dive. Each day I make improvements and I know that I am reacting to stresses that are currently centred around the home, and I know that eating fixes those problems as much as it fixes my weight problems - it doesn't!! But I am working on those as well.

So, this week will continue the momentum I started last week in regards to the focus on catching up, and finishing unfinished business. But this week I will start to build back in some more time for me. I like blogging and I miss it. And I need to work out a balance in everything, but I can manage another week to really get myself going then look out - two weeks of mindless drivel is going to have to find its way out somehow LOL.

Oh and to finish off, a big thanks to Philippa and Linda who put up with me for some rather mammoth phone calls last week. It was brilliant and kept me sane at a time when I really needed someone to talk to. *mwah* to both of you. And for all the rest of you buggers who keep me honest too :D

Right. I am going to have a great week. And as we inch closer and closer to the one year anniversary I am going to continue to inch closer and closer to goal. And I hope you do too...

Hi there M
You sound like you are getting o top of things... and you are feeling better for it!! Well done... It is sometimes just SO easy to try and bury our heads in the sand in the vain hope that it will go away (I have been known to do that also!!)
Enjoy your week!!

Well done on getting it together with cutting out the things that are taking up the time you need to tackle bigger issues - good for you !
Am glad I could help - like everything in our lives, it really is all about finding the right balance so that we stay sane, sensible people who can help others as well as look after ourselves.
Have a great week and keep up the fantastic job you are doing - talk to you soon !
Me

It was great to talk to you on the phone! I keep forgetting to mention it in my blog - it was the highlight of the week!!

I'm glad that you've had a good week and have sorted out things you wanted to. It sounds like you had a most productive week. It really is a question of balance and making time for things that matter.

Have a great week and I hope this fantastic feeling you have lasts well beyond it...

Lots of love

xoxox

Sounds like you are definately getting things together. Making things final is all part and parcel of this journey. We all put off losing weight in our lives along with many other things that get put off. Finishing all these will probably enable you to move on and finally achieve your ultimate goal. You don't really tie all these things together until afterwards but it's all connected. Well done! XX

Great to hear from you, and it sounds like you have been doing some good thinking there, great stuff. Hope you have another great week :-)

Welcome back, baby! Sounds like you're really getting things sorted out - any chance you could give my head a good working over?!

Ah, good to see you are back, and that everything is going along well!

Everyone has been re thinking things lately...must be catchy?

Any chance you are coming to Melbourne any time soon?

Have a great week!

Good going M, it's great to read a post like this and realise that life does go on. It also shows how much you have learnt to stay on track!

Glad to hear your not going to jail as well but damn, that would have been a good story. It could have been Dan's first 'real life' crime novel (hehe, we just watched Capote).

How gorgeous to hear that you had a good catch up with Phil and Linda!! The blogging community we seem to be a part of is something really special. What amazing support.

I hope you continue to get things out of the way and raring to go in other parts of your life. Kepe up the great work and awesome attitude babe.

Cheers!

x

I am so proud of you! You are inspiring me to get my shit together. You are doing so much to move things forward..all sorts of things. I love your weekly exercise - so much variety and so much of it! and changing it around to make it work is so pro-active, and walking home from walk - GOOD FOR YOU, and getting the tax and other stuff dealt with must be fantastic. Baby steps and you will get there and be able to put it all behind you. Thank you for being a wonderful you and inpiring me too. Suzie

I'm hearing you on the work thing.

Sounds like you've had a great week, can't wait to hear your weigh-in result :-)

Have missed your regular updates bit so good to see you are getting life back into control again!

Glad to hear that you're okay and getting on with life stuff. I really need to do that too. I'm sure I would be much better off getting on the treadmill everynight for 30 mins instead of sitting on my fat arse at the computer. I had best think about that seriously.
Thanks for continuing to inspire me.
Bri

Hooray hooray! You really sound like you've benefited from that "time off". Good for you. Also sounds like you've really been able to prioritise and put yourself first (re: your friend). That's so important - why should you stay 'fat' just because it's more convenient for her? Not that you're fat... oh bugger, what have I done?... but you know what I mean. IKWYM about the tax - I put mine off for a very long time, but now it's done I feel better. And it wasn't so bad. AND they're giving me more money. See, it can turn out ok - you never know your luck.

Good on youfor being so motivated at the moment. Here's to it lasting.

BTW... even though I know what you're trying to say with your quote for the week, as a musician, I feel have to point out some things..

Let's start with your first instrument...
*violins - the whingers of the orchestra
*flute - well, in my experience, they can be quite catty
*cello - not quite as bad a violins, but still in the same ball park
*drums - oh dear. These are my favourite. I always fall for the drummers. They're naughty naughty boys and it's all good fun. So I approve of this one.

Good thing you didn't write about brass players... Tom is one, and they're all naughty and bad influences. Here's hoping that neither of my boys decide to follow in their Dad's footsteps.

Anyway, I know that this has nothing to do with anything, but I felt it was my duty to comment on anything musical.

P.S. - For your information, pianos (the best instrument, of course) aren't considered to be part of the orchestra. They are unique and fabulous and are treated as such by being featured in concertos that are accompanied by, but not featuring, orchestras. Wonder why it's my instrument of choice?

Enough driveling for now. Good night!

Welcome back! Bring on the "mindless drivel" I say - I love your posts! Glad you are making a decent dents on your stuff in your life and keeping the exercise on track! I hope you continue to have a great week :)

Glad you are OK. Hope you finish your work project soon. Also really glad I won't be poking bananas through the bars to you in jail! I am sure you are too lovely to be a criminal!

Oh M, glad you're back and Ive had time to read your post. Sorry all hasnt been going well with you and glad everything is back on track. I sometimes find that exercising with a friend can be harder (dont know about boxing) because I cant always please myself and if I cant please myself it becomes a chore. Does that sound selfish? Have a great week - cant believe it has only been a year - seems like I have known you for longer. xxx
Julie

Hiya M.
It's been a while since I dropped in on anyones blog but I'm glad I popped into see you first - a post full of positivity was exactly what I needed.

It sounds alot like you have been doing all the right things and I'm sure your next weigh-in will be rewarding. Have a great week chic!

Cath

I hope all is well with you and missing your updates. Take care and if you ever need to talk you have my number! XX

Hey Good to hear from you, and good to see that you are making changes, that are making you feel better!

Hope all is well M xxx

I'm having M withdrawals, hope you're okay. Be good to yourself, you're worth it!
Bri

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??