« Home | My Cloud My Day » | Dance like a Butterfly » | Weigh in - 2006/07 » | Carrots » | Munch Munch Munch » | Funny Bugger » | Weigh in - 2006/06 » | I'll do that again :D » | Google Me This » | My butt hurts! »

CFM or FMB's

Even though I did not even think of this as I bought them, the comments about whips and chains abounded in the office (from the blokes) as I showed the girls my new purchase. 37 years in the waiting I am now the proud owner of a pair of long black boots (Via Spiga - Leilani). I hit DJ's again as I was determined to part with my Christmas Vouchers and I tried on a few pairs. None were quite right and the sales lady I had reminded me of a jersey cow as she proceeded to chew gum and shrug her shoulders through the ordeal. After working my way through the shoe department I found a shelf of plain, square toed, long black boots. There was a size 10 on display. I could put my foot in it. I could zip it up almost all the way to the top. They were so comfortable. A different sales lady came over and was the most helpful person. She showed me a trick on how to get the zip up completely. She showed me where there was a seam created to enable a cobbler to cut and insert elastic if I need. She explained how to tell a cobbler where I wanted the boots to be stretched if I wanted to. She was devine.

Then I looked at the price (I know I should have done this first). They were $519.00...

......marked down to $245.00 Whooooo hoooooooo. (For the accountants out there that is a saving of $274.00 or approx 53%)

So thank you Mum and Dad for buying the left boot. Thank you MIL & FIL for buying the right boot. And thank you me for choosing to spend the money on myself.

Now how to tell Mark I plan on wearing them to bed tonight. On second thoughts I am not sure he will mind ;D



****************

I also bought some lingerie today - another bargain. Beckie and Vanessa are putting a business together to supplier larger sized lingerie. Now that they have determined the excellent quality they are ready to begin their business. Vanessa has some samples (new) that she is selling so if you are interested head over to her lingerie blog to have a look at the photos. Beckie is still designing the official site.

****************

Edit: I have just come from Lucinda's blog and found that there is a planned Melbourne Bloggers Meet. I heartily encourage all available bloggers to take the plunge and meet some great supporters. Hmmmm what am I doing on March 30? LOL. You guys will have a great time.

Woo hoo - first to comment!!

Woo hoo - to the boots purchase! And to Mums & Dads and in laws and also yourself who all took part in the purchase! Mmmm - I'm sure Mark will enjoy them - doesn't matter where;)

I love them - I shocked my kids last year and went and got a pair -but couldn't manage heels like on your ones - but still feel great in them.

I can see such a difference in how you are feeling about yourself as you are losing weight - well done M

Ooh la la, sexy! I'm a sucker for a chick in boots ;-) Would you believe that when I was younger, I DID wear my new shoes to bed...serious! I thought it would help break them in LOL. Have a great new sexy you weekend babe!

Those boots look great...you will have to post a photo of you wearing them...(get your mind out of the gutter)... I have been reading just a bit busy to be commenting of late. Thanks for your comments though - things should return to normal soon. Could you email me that soup recipe.

Have a great weekend M!

LMAO - enjoy!! :-)

*sigh* it always makes my heart swell with joy when another woman crosses over. see, im not crazy. just addicted. kisses

Love those CFM... the boy at the office will be dreaming of you wearig them to work.. and what a bargin!! Go those size 10 feet - (I have them same)it come sin handy when most of the shoes on sale and either a size 6 or a size 10 - Done so well... need to see a photo of the entire outfit now!!

Those boots are so sharp and what a bargain!! It is always so nice to have a person assist you when they like their job. It makes shopping fun. I'd give them a good polishing to keep them protected from scuffing. Enjoy...Enjoy!!

Boots are gorgeous!

Those boots look luverly! And, yes, well done for chosing to spend the money on YOU. Imagine what those boots will look like with the lovely new lingerie!

i am so excited for u with your new boots. what a bargain!!! not to mention they go up - but what a bargain!!, did i say that already?

I live for the day that I can buy a pair of CFM boots and be able to zip them up past my mid-calf! LOL.

They look gorgeous M.

Jods.

Sexy sexy boots!!

I am also planning to make a similar purchase for this winter. I have a pair of mid-calf boots that I just love, and they were a milestone for me - I'd never been able to buy anything other than ankle boots before! But those ones you have are just HOT!!

Better go before the storm here cuts my power!!

xoxoxo

I have the BIGGEST shoe fetish and those boots are absolutely gorgeous! And the square toe will make that so much more comfortable than a pointed-toe pair. They will be perfect for winter! As soon as my calves will squeeze into babies like those I'm making the purchase as well. Fantastic price, btw - you'll get so much wear out of them!

Have a great weekend M :)

You got a Via Spiga pair of boots!!! You know, I used to have 3 pairs of via spiga shoes I totally ruined by wearing them too often for too long...the style is always a killer!

Margaret, you GOT to take photos of you wearing those and post them soon!!!

On another note, I continue reading your post and think to myself how wonderful a woman you are!

Don't know what CFM stands for (but it sounds naughty) but I do know what FMBs stand for... and if you wear those to bed I don't think they'll be on for long - neither will anything else for that matter. You naughty girl. *wolfwhistle* Good on you! That's the first thing I'm buying when I hit goal (again). Pics of you wearing them please.

Well done on the boots. They are just devine!!
I'm dying to buy a new pair of FMB's for myself, but alas it will have to wait. In the meantime I still have the pair I bought last year in the sales which were (although not anywhere near the standard of your boots)reduced by 75% from $129.95 to $30. Well thank god i'm not an accountant eh? I would never profess to being good at maths, I know that's wrong but i'm not able to work it out. You do it if you want!!
Hope you're having a great weekend. Just as well you haven't offered to help me pack as i've been at it all weekend.
Be good,
Bri

What a bargain. I have never been a fan of CFM boots, but I invested in a pair last winter and they are so damn comfy :) I will never look back!!

the boots & lingere will make a great combination - esp if its black n lacy ;)
i long for the day i can have a pair of real knee high boots.
thankfully for my chunky calves, they make stretchy boots, but they fall down a bit, so looking forward to the day i can have real zip up ones :)
kneee high boots are oh so sexy ;)

so did mark like the boots in bed - wink wink
I have never been a knee high boot person,(except for my long riding boots) maybe one day

Oh dear, I don't know what planet I have been living on but I didn't know what either CFM or FMB meant!!! For those of you as dumb and sheltered ( I didn't think so until I read this post)as I am if you go to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cfm%20boots
you will be enlightened!!!
LOL, I'm still shaking my head!!!!
Margaret, I love the boots and would really love a pair.I will keep looking though until I find a pair comfy and reasonable in price. I'm sure no matter how much I try and explain to DH what me wearing the boots mean he would go crazy if I spent $250.00!!!! Hope your DH really loved them.
Anyhow sorry this comments a bit long. I have been reading but haven't commented for a while. Well done on your boxing,I think it's fantastic that you are trying out new things. It sure sounds like a great workout. I also wanted to say that on the bloggers lunch pics that have been posted you look really great so even if those scales haven't gone down a lot the exercise you are doing is paying off.Looking forward to your next entry to see what else you can teach this old girl ;-)

Sexy mama!

;)

Seriously, those are gorgeous and you definitely deserve to spend money on yourself to buy something like that. :D

Hope you have a great week!

Those are HOT! Definately CFM so get a babysitter and go for it ;o) Last time I could fit into my boots I discovered my boy was a boots man, so there's another reason to get my arse moving.

Seriously, is there anything better than a good bargain?? In fact, you're really saving yourself in the long run as not only will they last forever, but being well-make should mean they save you from foot problems. Won't go so far as to say they will pay for themselves...ok, I will! The shoes that just keep giving.

Re a comment you left about meeting up with me to walk sometime during the week, thank you so much. You've got a very generous spirit, and just the offer had a great affect on my outlook. I wouldn't want to slow you down, esp in such precious lunch "hour" time, but would definately be in once I find my eccelerator and its manual. xx

Very very very nice. I have a pair of long boots that I love (and DH loves too) but I dont wear them that often as they are not as stylishly wonderful (or expensive!) as yours and the heel always breaks! I am sure you will get stacks of wear out them!
Thanks for your comments today. All advice is good! I had to buy maternity clothes on the weekend, so its all systems go now!
have a great week vvxx

For the wide variety of lady shoe you can visit the website of T-red which is the one of the well known company in the world and who is offering better and good quality online shoe service through which you save your time in very well manner.
DC Shoes UK

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??