« Home | Weigh in - 2006/09 » | No Weigh - again » | No Weigh » | Meaning of Life » | I couldn't do it - until I did it » | Weigh in - 2006/08 » | CFM or FMB's » | My Cloud My Day » | Dance like a Butterfly » | Weigh in - 2006/07 »

Little Scalliwag

When I bought the biscuits last week I was sure they were called Golliwog but after doing some searching I think they were called Scalliwag and I just didn't notice. Shows how much attention I was paying at the time. LOL

I had a great day today. I met Linda this evening as she is in town tomorrow for her work. Just getting out of the house and heading into the City on a 'school' night was a real buzz for me. As she was landing late I thought there would be the possibility of going out to eat so I made sure to snack lightly all day and save up points for the evening. And I am so glad I did. We ended up at Bar 333 where I had the most delicious Vege Burger where the patty was made from Spinach and Ricotta. Yummmmm. Served on crispy Turkish bread with lettuce, grilled beetroot, and mayo it was sensational. I only ate about a third of the chips that came with it as we were talking so much they went cold and I lost interest. See there are very good side effects to talking ;D Then it was a walk back to the hotel so say our farewells and a quick stroll back to the train station. It was a great way to spend a Tuesday night.

I also did a little shopping today. After 2.5 years of use and with the battery now having to be sticky-taped to the phone I thought it time to replace my gorgeous little Samsumg T500. It was a really girly phone with lots of flashing diamonds and girly features I am sure I used very little after the fun of it wore off. So. I decided that I didnt't want to spend a fortune and even though I love some of the phones with a camera and an MP3 player I really only use the phone to talk and to text. So I bought the Sony Ericsson Z300i. It was cheap and it has some great features I really love. Like the little crystals you can stick on the phone to make it personal and sparkly LOL. And that you can change the back and front covers. It came with a purple and a blue, I have the blue on, but you can order Style-Up kits to change the look if you want. At approx USD24.00 for each one I can see that you can quickly spend more than the cost of the phone so I will wait till the Dodgy Brothers stalls bring out the after market ones. Though I am very tempted to use the service where you upload your own photos and design your own covers, then they manufacture them and send them out to you. Will have to put some thought into that I think. Perhaps a before and after photo??

Tomorrow is Wednesday - my early day and I am crossing my fingers that it won't be raining in the afternoon because I am really looking forward to walking home again. Maybe I should do it anyway :D

Wow, I have a Samsung, but it isn't as cute as your old one! It is silver, but no sparkles.
Anyway your new phone looks great too.
Must have been lovely to meet up with Linda.

I LOVE vegie burgers.

I reckon the Golliwog biscuits had to change names when Golliwogs became political incorrect?!

sorry, I mean "politically"

Clearly your Sydney rain is only a distant relative of our current Wellington rain - you wanted be walking anywhere in this cold torrent!

Sounds like you had a lovely day. That burger sounds delicious!!

I say go for it tomorrow in the rain! I do that every once in a while, and I figure I'm only going home I can change. I dunno sometimes it's refreshing. I'm probably wierd right?

Have a great week! :)

SOunds like you had fun with Linda. I am meeting her tonight and can relate to the night out on a school night theme. Enjoy your walk home...

Hi Margaret.....glad things are coming together for you again...luv the sparkles myself as well and if I didn't usually end up with my hubby's hand-me-down phones I would get sparkels on my phone if I could too. Just waffleing on I guess - but the main thing is I wanted to say Hi and hope all is going well. Good luck with the weather.lb

Where would we be without our little accessories???!!

That gain won't take long to reverse, glad to see you are not beating yourself up over it. Hope you're having a groovy week!!

Hi have finally caught up with you. Sounds like you have been having a great time - weight gain just a minor hiccup - you're doing great.
:o)

Great that you had the chance to meet up with Linda - sounds as your meal was yummy!!

They were definately called "Golliwog" biscuits but because a "minority" kicked up a stink about being racist etc Blah Blah Blah they had to change the name of them. It's only recently happened too within probably the last year or two!

Some people just have to have something to whinge about!! XX

WOW your phone lasted 2.5 years? They really last that long?? I don't believe it. I am an obsessive phone upgrader. Contracts out upgrade, maximise next contract so I can upgrade again earlier. NOW I am on a cap! A Cap that means it is going to be 2 years before I see a new phone. NOOOOOOOOooooooooo However I do have the latest and greatest and no I don't use half the features. LOL

I have a company mobile now, just got a new one and I cannot for the life of me work out how to use the damn thing. I was naffed off cos they didn't even let me choose the colour. There was red, silver or blue. I would have loved red, silver would have been okay too, but they got me BLUE - I hate blue!!! Anyhoo, that's my whinge for the day. Sorry!! Going to post a positive and uplifting post on my own blog now (as if!!!).
Hope you're having a great weekend. Oh and I have some great news. I have to come to Sydney for a work conference in May and i'm hoping we can meet up. Not sure where yet but will keep you posted. I have dates if you're interested.
Bri

Hehehe don't you love new phones :)

Golliwog heee what a funny name! anyway your new phone is adorable and i love that you can decorate it anyway you want FUN, a cute way to get creative ;) have a fab weekend and hey, sometimes walking in the rain is fun.... cut a hole in a garbage bag and wear an unbrella hat. you'll be stylin' :)

Must try and find a recipe for that vege patty - sounds absolutely devine! Just checked out your new phone - very cute especially those little stick on crystals! As a new mobile is my next big weigh loss reward, its great to get some reviews on what's available. It's be great to see a before and after of you! Hope you are having a great weekend so far M :)

sounds like u had a great time with Linda :) talking is definitely great food distraction!
new phones are exciting, im determined to not buy one as i got a top of the line on 18 months ago which is now soooo obselete!lol
hope u r having a good wknd

oh I thought dodgy brothers was a joke name LOL I always end up with hand me down phones from mat, boring and colourless. In June I am rewarding myself with something sparkly and girly

that vege burger sounds divine

Great to hear you met up with Linda! Bar 333 looks like it has some goodies to try and pretty phone too. I want a new one too now LOL :-)

I think the name changed on the biscuits because of the whole Enid Blyton being a racist thing that got a lot of publicity in the late 80's/ early 90s'. Those biscuits haven't been called Golliwogs for ages. Robertsons Marmalade also used to offer free Golliwog badges, of which my Mum was a huge collector of, and they had to change the names of those as well. Damn you Noddy!!!

Margaret, are you well dear? It is not like you to not post your Monday weigh-in and I am a little concerened!

I hope all is well at home and family and work!

*hugs*

hey sweetheart, hope all is ok. i keep checking for an update but nothing...come baaaaaaaaaack!! lol
xoxoxox

Hope all is OK?

Hi M its me Margaret (NZ) how are you, miss you, checking everyday to see a post!!!!! No pressure, just want to know all is okay with you and your family.


Love
Margaret

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??