« Home | Little Scalliwag » | Weigh in - 2006/09 » | No Weigh - again » | No Weigh » | Meaning of Life » | I couldn't do it - until I did it » | Weigh in - 2006/08 » | CFM or FMB's » | My Cloud My Day » | Dance like a Butterfly »

Still going

In many ways I am like my Father. I like to solve problems on my own and when I am faced with something that either confuses me, or upsets me, or needs me to work though a problem, I keep very quiet and try to work things through rather than open up and let people know how I am feeling. It is a strange paradox because when I do articulate my problems I find that the very act of getting them out of my head usually presents me with the answer. And if I can't solve it, then those that are around me usually can. It is a strange little thing. And it doesn't mean that I am necessarily upset or confused in all facets of my life. But what it does do is makes me not want to write. I want to talk, but not to write.

This week has been a very good one for me in relation to exercise. I have been excited about it. I have wanted to do it each and every day. On Monday I went on a walk around the park with the 'fast ladies' and am happy to say that I am now able to keep up with them, and talk, and we have cut the walk down from a 45 minute round trip to just over 35. On this walk I got a small blister on my left foot.

On Tuesday I went for a walk to the Opera House. Just so I could run up the stairs and back down again. When I got to the top of the stairs I held my arms up in a little victory salute then dropped them quickly when I realised the pleasant walk down Macquarie Street I had just taken was all down hill. What the!! So the walk back to the office was a little tougher. It was a long walk so I won't do that during lunch again but will have to find some closer stairs. On this walk I got a small blister on my right foot.

On Wednesday I went for a swim at lunch and really concentrated on my form making sure I used my legs when I did freestyle. I am quite lazy in this regard and would be happy just using my arms but when I use my legs I go faster and I can feel it in my chest as my breathing becomes a little more difficult. Its a good feeling and alternating this with laps of using the kickboard was a lot of fun. As DH picked up the boys in the afternoon I decided I would walk home as well. We have worked out it is roughly just shy of 7kms. As I walked down George Street my feet really started to hurt - even though I had strapped both my heels and the inside of my shoes. When I turned left on Grosvener I had to walk up the hill on my tip toes so my heels would not rub too hard. After I had climbed up the steps leading to the Bridge I realised I was being ridiculous. I was only going to do myself a real injury. So I stopped. And took my shoes off. I contemplated throwing them off the bridge but sanity prevailed and I tied them to my backpack and walked the rest of the way home in my socks. I took an hour and 15 minutes which is 15 minutes longer than last time but all things considered I think I still did good. A foot rub and spray later in the night removed most of the pain and I am happy to report my feet are back in working order now. Still sporting massive blisters so no closed shoes for a while though.

On Thursday I swam at lunch. And every night this week I have done my evening exercise routine. I am feeling pretty good about the whole moving thing.

Eating is another story but after speaking with Philippa yesterday I am going to change a few things and see if it improves. I have not been tracking but keeping an eye on what I eat. I find that I am eating so much better during the day as I am not thinking "oh I have spare points I better eat some chocolate LOL". I am having fruit, dairy, vegetables. All the good stuff - just smaller portions and only eating when and if I am hungry. However the nights are still a problem. It is my problem and I need to work out a solution that allows me to eat, feel satiated, and not crave sweet stuff - which is what is happening.

My weight is great. Not gaining, definitely still toning, down a little from the last weigh in. So I am not upset about this.

This weekend I am going to catch up with Jodie and I am taking my boys with me whilst DH goes into work for a few hours. I am looking forward to it and hopefully having 2 cyclones in her house won't scare her too much and she will still enjoy the rest of her pregnancy LOL. I promise to leave her house in nearly as good condition as when we arrive ;D And Mary has found a couple of great activities/events to go to in Sydney so I am looking forward to catching up with her and trying my hand as some new exercises.

Now just a little on The Biggest Loser. During this series I have fluctuated between enjoying the show and absolutely cringing everytime they acted like children, but the last few shows have been excellent. I have picked up some really good tips re training and exercising ideas, especially the show when they trained at the beach. I was reminded once again that it does not have to cost money to get a really good workout. Just go to the beach with a couple of empty bags (to fill up with sand) some containers to use as markers and crawl, carry and run yourself into a sweat. I will be using some of these ideas. And I have been reading a non-official site which reports on the previous days shows and I absolutely cracked up when reading about the brick episode. Warning could make you laugh out loud.

So I still have some work to do but I can't beat myself up too badly about it as I am feeling quite insignificant in light of the tragedies people are facing every day. In the news. In my Country. In my State. I feel very lucky that I have the ability to whinge about blisters because it means I can afford shoes. I am grateful that I can complain about overeating as it means I have food on my plate. I know that I am still important - to me especially - and that is why I am not going off the rails. I am still treating my self well. It's just when it comes time to sitting in front of the PC I have usually watched the news by then or heard of some new disaster and have lost all inclination to write. This is just a 'patch' I am going through and I am very grateful to the support you guys have showed in showing your concern. Don't worry you will be the first to know if I decide to do something crazy. Like shave all my hair off for charity........

You are doing great with the exercise!!
Shame about the blisters!!
Have a great weekend:)

Blisters are the worst and good on you for walking home in your socks. I could never do that - I have such wimpy feet.

I am really looking forward to this weekend. No going to make any more comments as we'll have heaps to talk about on the weekend. See you then!!

Great to have you back M. Focus on the positives and hang in there. Els

It's funny how we feel so different at different stages of our journey. Yes, I think you and I may be having some similar issues at the moment. PLEASE take care of your feet.

HAVE BEEN WORRYING ABOUT YOU SO REALLY PLEASED TO HEAR FROM YOU. GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING THE EXERCISE BUT TAKE CARE OF THOSE POOR FEET AS LIKE ME YOU HAVE REACHED A POINT WHER YOU NEED THEM DESPERATELY TO HELP YOU EXERCISE. I UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS CAN GET YOU DOWN AND THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO WRITE AS THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN FEELING A LOT LATELY. BUT AS YOU SAID WE ARE HERE WHEN YOU WANT TO. HAVE A FUN WEEKEND WITH JODIES VISIT AND THE CYCLONES...

Glad you are still in the land of the living! Ouch, your poor feet!

Take care M. You ARE important and we DO miss you when you can't write.

Cheers M, nice to read your post, sometimes I feel Im am being selfish "feeding" of all the blogs, especially when Ive given up myself, however I do appreciate your writing.

Margaret (NZ)

take care, M... that was a lovely image of you running to the top of the Opera House stairs. Just like Rocky!!!

I can't remember what I was on to comment about - I keep getting distracted by your new profile photo - and that collarbone!

Yay!

Have a great weekend

That certainly is a sexy little photo, young lady! Wow - where did you get that taken?

I'm glad you're writing again - I figured that you just needed a bit of a break from it again. You used to be such a manic poster that it's no wonder you don't feel like posting everyday anymore.

You exercise demon, you! I am so impressed that you kept going despite the blisters - I know I would have probably called Tom and got him to pick me up because I am a WOOS. But you're much stronger than me... at the moment anyway!

I know what you mean about the night time cravings. If you find a solution, please let me know. As we speak I have FOUR BATCHES of Anzac Biscuits baking (I meant to only double it, but I accidentally put in too much butter and had to quadruple everything else. It's a good thing you don't live nearby or I would have invited you around to help me out...), and I still don't know what else to eat to fill the void at night.

Anyway, enough babbling. You'd think this was MY blog! I'm glad you're back and looking fabulous. We're really proud of, and inspired by, you.

i could send you some blister patches if you like, lovely thing they are. almost melt right on to your skin and flexible, waterproof... you can slap one of those babies on and keep right on going! was a normal thing for my gym going days.

Someone already mentioned but when i came on to see/read you, that photo popped out at me... one hot collarbone showing mama you are!

take your time and work through things, you always seem to know what you're doing. swim time is good meditation time too xox take care liefje

I'm also very much like my dad. My husband and mom both tell me that. I enjoy your blog so much. I guess I see so much of myself in you when I was your age. It makes me smile when I read your life adventure..always reminding me of a similar incident in my life. You are such an inspiration to so many that read this. I know then, it is shared with non-readers (such as my mom). A positive rippling effect on so so many. Keep up the good work.

Me again. Your new photo is beautiful. You look AMAZING!!!

well done with the exercise. I suffer from damn blisters also and good for you walking home in your socks. love the new photo - have a great weekend.

Love your new photo, Mrs Sexy!!

M, great exercise routine, i twisted my ankle this week so unfortunately i let it stop me from exercise.
No im definantley not Fiona from the biggest loser, i wish i had her height though.....
i have the same problems, i havent been counting but consiously adding it in my head and i go fine during the day, but when i get home i eat dinner then scrounge for something sweet. and then usually go way over points.
anyways have a good weekend and week
thanks for the nice comment about how i look.
fiona

M you look awesome in your new photo!! Thanks for your latest blog. Just reading it makes me want to get off this chair and start running. Sometimes just reading about how good other people feel after they've worked out helps inspire me to get out there. I always enjoy your blogs.

Have a great weekend!! :)

Look how much you are missed by all of us!! But you gotta do what you gotta do !!!
Have a great week M

I think it's a very Dutch thing to want to do everything on their own and to the point of complete stubborness LOL. I say this because I have lived and worked with quite a few Dutch people over the past few years. Love 'em true I do :-)

It's great to hear that you've been excited about exercise the past week also and keeping up with the fast ladies hey, well done!

Mmm and TBL hey, not so inspirational as I would have hoped with all the bitching (so why are they on the show in the first place??) but anyway, you're right...you do get some good tips from the trainers when they bother to focus on that side of things.

I hope you and Jodie had a great weekend!

x

Oi, look at those collar bones! *wolf whistle* ;-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??