« Home | Weigh In - 2006/10 » | What goes down, must come up » | Still going » | Little Scalliwag » | Weigh in - 2006/09 » | No Weigh - again » | No Weigh » | Meaning of Life » | I couldn't do it - until I did it » | Weigh in - 2006/08 »

Myth Busters

I like the show Myth Busters where they take an everyday thought or myth and break it apart until it is either proven or completely demolished. Today I busted a myth of my own!

As has become my habit I now walk to Central before getting on a bus to Broadway. Broadway is not that far away but somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I figured it was quicker to go by bus which gave me that time I needed to do a bit of grocery shopping before I picked up the boys. I was happy because I was getting that little extra incidental exercise in, but still sticking to my time schedule.

Well.

Today I walked with JC as she has decided to start walking from work to Ashfield. She'll start off slow and then increase the distance until she can walk the entire 10kms. Apparently my little jaunt over the bridge has inspired her. So we walk to Central together then I get on the bus and off she strides. When I got off the bus at Broadway and walked back to the main intersection to cross the road I bumped straight into her... It took the SAME time to walk up that damn hill as it did to catch the bus. And I thought the bus had moved quickly tonight. Not too many traffic lights. So with that myth well and truly busted I have now set myself up for walking all the way to Broadway each evening - except when I walk home of course. In fairness it is only a 25 - 30 minute walk so I should be able to do it standing on my head, and with the cooler weather heading our way it probably would be a lot more comfortable to walk with my sweats on rather than my uniform. All in all a win win situation I think :D

I suspect that if you do that walk standing on your head it may take you a little longer!

That's great M. It will be good to walk after work and clear your head. Much better than being crammed on a smelly bus.

Bugger blogger again - second comment just lost !!!! So, after all the typing and nothing to show for it this is going to be short !!!
Good for you !!! Take care and have a great day. It was lovely chatting yesterday - am glad we managed to finally catch up.
Me

All that incidental walking is now not so incidental. You are amazing M.

Who would have known...lol
I would love to walk in the city each day, here the only thing to see is a cow or sheep...lol

its amazing sometimes you can be in the trafic driving and watch a person walking and they always seem to pass you when your stopped at the lights.
So GO THE WALK.

I must admit it gives me pleasure to walk past people sitting in traffic in their cars. Is that perverse or what?

hehehe i love that show too!!!! See you have inspired someone else in your life now. you should be proud! You have made a difference to someone!! :)

lol geeky man got me hooked on that show too, seems that walking isnt all bad after all....and youll save on bus fare! :D

LOL yep, walking is much faster than public transport in Sydney that's for sure! It's a great way to sneak in more exercise :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??