« Home | Weigh in - 2006/07 » | Carrots » | Munch Munch Munch » | Funny Bugger » | Weigh in - 2006/06 » | I'll do that again :D » | Google Me This » | My butt hurts! » | Weigh in - 2006/05 » | Splat »

Dance like a Butterfly

Entering a room full of suspicious looking characters, M spied an empty space in the corner. Deciding that was the place to be, M maneuvered past the straggling bodies and avoided direct eye contact with any of them. Once in position a familiar face appeared. "First time here" Juan asked with a casual glance at his watch which was resting on his incredibly toned arm. Was he waiting for someone? Was this a set up? Was this really a good idea? Panic was starting to set in and M looked across and saw the door was still open. Can she make it? No! The door closed with a definitive bang. Juan turned to her and said "It's time to begin........"


BOXING


Whoo hooo it was fantastic. I can say that now as I have recovered the use of most of my faculties and can stop making typing errors long enough to get this post in. My first boxing class. It went for 45 minutes and paired up with my friend MF we laughed and punched our way through the entire class. What a workout. I was absolutely, disgustingly drenched when I stumbled out of the class. But the kind of drenched that meant I worked it baby.. Worked it hard. I now just have to remember to bring a change of undies next time as sitting in my uniform all clean but squelching every time I move is just not a good feeling LOL. I think that may fall in the 'too much information' category. ;D

I am not sure which was harder. Being the boxer, or the boxee. Being on the receiving end of some of those punches really pushed my arms. Though the sequence of 8 uppercuts, combat roll on the floor, 12 jabs up high, combat roll on the floor, and 8 jabs really pushed both my physical and co-ordination limits.


I LOVED IT!


Same place, same time, same day next week. I am there :D

Bwahaha, fantastic! What a great post and I really needed to read this right now to get me motivated for a weights session this afternoon. I am so glad you enjoyed it and the squelching in your knickers....TOO FUNNY!!

WOW sounds like you had a great time - good for you !!!! Will wait eagerly for the episode tomorrow when you tell us whether you can lift your arms still and walk around much.
Have to love squelchy nickers !!!
Take care and have a great day !
Me

Sounds like you had a great time. I enjoy our combat classes. Keep it up.

Kris:)

Now this sounded really very temtping!!! Boxing is one thing I die to do you know! But with my crazy schedule it is not possible to follow a scheduled class Im afraid. I must think of something!!!!

Good on you for trying something new!!! It really does sound like a great work out - and it's always a bonus when you enjoy it as well. Just remember the undies next time!!

Great post, absolutely entertaining but also inspiring!
plus thanks for the reminder about the positive thinking.
i really needed that reminder at the moment also. Am loving changing my patterns as i get fitter and the confidence improves.

lol, i understand, not quite the same but i do kick boxing, love it!
so glad u loved it! congrats on this weeks loss too!

Kris and I love our combat classes as well. Isn't it exhilerating wohooooo

Love CM

Lol -sounds great!

holy crap that sounds like soooo much fun... how cool :)

Ha! Excellent! And .. squelchy.

lol i hear you on the squelchy issue, first time at a gym. honest mistake forgetting the extras. now that youve experienced it you will never ever forget again lol congrats on getting through your first boxing class! amzing woman

I haven't done boxing in ages - must get back into it cos it is so much fun. I love hitting stuff. Your enthusiasm reminds of how much I love it :)

Wow...that sounds so cool. They don't have anything like that around here. I'm going to look forward to hearing about your adventures.

I would love to do a box class - closest gym 55km away - you lucky thing!!

I would love to do one too - but no classes near by....should by hubby a boxing bag for the shed (so I can use too)

FABULOUS! Boxing has been drifting on and off my to-try list - but now I definitely want to give it a go! Icky squelching, though!

Fantastic M!!!!! Great to find something that you really love and sounds like a great workout.

Fantastic effort!! It is wonderful to hear that you're trying new things and have found something you really enjoy. It makes it so much easier!!

That is AWESOME! Inspiring too!

I only got to do one boxing circuit class at the gym before I found out I was pregnant and then no more. I loved it though! That is one of the classes I'm definately looking forward to getting back to once bubs is born. Well done for getting out of your comfort zone! XX

I have always wanted to try boxing but have been too scared. I even got some gloves for my birthday last year! I guess now with the baby on the way I will have to stick to my walking and yoga, but I am determined to give it a go when I can. Great post by the way! vxx

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??