« Home | Good Friends » | Weigh in - 2006/03 » | Me me me » | Priorities » | It would have been so easy.. » | Reality Bites » | Weigh in - 2006/02 » | First one of the season » | Sheeeesh » | Almost made it :D »

WOW

I have been having the greatest time over the last few days. It seems like only yesterday that I posted but looking back I have been so busy that I have made little time to sit in front of the PC. And there are benefits. Jobs have been done that I have been putting off for months and I feel so much freer for it. Good time has been spent with the boys and with DH. A one sided argument last week could have spilled over and carried on but we fronted up to it (when both of us were sober) and things are clear and resolved on that front.

Wednesday night's me time was half a success. Half meaning that DH went out to a BBQ on the assumption that the boys would be in bed, asleep, and would not get up so therefore he does not need to be on deck to look after them. I could have been livid, but a phone call with Linda more than made up for it. And DS1 eventually went to sleep at about 9.30 LOL. We have since discussed at some length the meaning of 'me' time and I think the message is clear now.

Australia Day was fabulous. We slept in (yeeehaaa) and did some shopping then some friends came around to have a look at the pram (which they took) and measure up the cot and other baby stuff (which they will take). The stay spilled over into dinner and a rousing game of Pictionary which I am ashamed to say that I did not win. I partnered Mark's work friend Sam(antha) and it took me a while to decipher her drawings. To be fair she was upfront about her skills so I went in with my eyes open. But, the boys did not have it their own way as we caught up a full half board to both be on the last square together. It was a great game and years since I have played. I am a bit of a sucker for board games but they all refuse to play scrabble with me so I have build up my stock I think.

I had a day off on Friday and spent it in blissful alone time. I ignored the phone, allowing the machine to pick it up and only answering the mobile if Mark rang. (Though if any of you guys had rung I am sure I would have picked up :D ) I got into the tasks at hand and really made progress. Sure I looked at the PC a few times but knew if I started it would be hours later and I still would not have achieved anything. I even fitted in two walks to the village to get d.coke. I only purchased a 600ml bottle on purpose knowing that I would need more later and would have to go for another walk. Yay me.

Today was brilliant. We had another sleep in then headed off to the beach for the first swim of the year. It was great. DS2 nuded up and built sandcastles and swam with me and DS1 and DH spent the whole time in the water. A big move for me - no boardies on at the beach. I was thinking of taking the tankini top off (remembering that I do have another top underneath) but chickened out. My belly is still not ready for public viewing, but it was so great to walk around and be silly and splash about and not be so self conscious. I know that my body is not perfect - and never will be - but it is nothing to be ashamed about either.

Now back to DH to finish watching the movie and off to bed. Another 4 yr old party tomorrow before I can get back here and do a HUGE catch up. I can't wait :D


Thank you for all your lovely kind comments. I know that the friendships on here will be here no matter where I live and for that I am eternally grateful. And when I am game enough to show anyone my stories, you'll be the first to know :D I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Sounds like you have been having a lovely few days with your family.

It is great that you and your DH can talk things over. I think it helps so much to be able to talk about issues before they turn into major problems.

Yay for fun at the beach!

Sounds like a perfect weekend M. I think getting away from the computer for a bit makes a huge difference also! I hope you have a gorgeous Sunday too :-)

You sound like you have had a great long weekend!!
Good on you for getting some 'me time':)

Hooray for you! It's so so SO important to have a few nice days in a row like that. I can really relate to how special it is to spend family time like that, and I'm glad that you've been able to do it recently. It remind you of what's really important and puts the rest of life's hassles in perspective. I'm so pleased that things are going well for you at the moment. Hooray for M!

On another note, I do hope that one day you have an opportunity to come to Brisbane for something - I would absolutely love to meet you. You are RAD. So there.

I'm glad you had a nice wknd & were able to get a few things sorted out with the hubby. I have found it really quite blissful not being on the computer as much so i can definitely relate to what you are saying. hope the remainder of your weekend is fabulous! btw - i think you would write amazing childrens stories, when you write silly blog entries, they always make me smile

Sounds like you had a great few days M! Have a wonderful week!

Am so glad to hear that you had such a great few days - these are the times which recharge us for the up-coming week.
Well done - have a great week and take care.
Me

sounds like you had quite the incredible last few days :) happy Aussie day to you!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??