« Home | Reality Bites » | Weigh in - 2006/02 » | First one of the season » | Sheeeesh » | Almost made it :D » | What comes down.. » | 2006 Kick Off » | Weigh in - 2006/01 » | 2005 Wrap up » | Weigh in - 36 »

It would have been so easy..

... not to go for a walk today. It was absolutely pouring at lunch time and usually I have my gym gear on at about 11.45 then head out at 12.00. Well today I hadn't even got changed at 12.20. I looked out the window, picked up my bag, and went and got changed. I was still undecided about whether to walk in Hyde Park or hit the treadmill but when I stepped out of the building into the rain I decided the treadmill it was to be. And what a workout it turned out to be. It was so hot that I actually took off my t-shirt and walked in my trackies and sports singlet. The long kind that covers my belly. I only walked for 30 minutes but I was dripping when I finished. I felt so good that I actually did it. I think I will need to push myself to go for the next few days then hopefully the instinct to go will take over and it won't seem so hard anymore.

I pulled up a bit sore this morning but not overly so. I am very glad I only did 2 sets yesterday. Tomorrow I will start to add 2 reps of the third set in and build it up slowly that way. I want to keep going back so need to avoid any reason not too - like "I'm too sore to go to the gym".

Eating was good. I had a chocolate Freddo out of the fundraising box (which I went to Coles for and set up!) but counted it in my points and have just had a really great dinner with DH, sitting at the dining table and actually had a conversation! Both boys are in bed (miracle) and I am crossing my fingers that I make it to my bed tonight to have a good nights sleep. LOL. Though the lounge is really comfortable so I can't complain.

In other news Daniel Hatadi has entered a short story competition where we can vote for our favourite stories and earn the winning authors a fantastic prize (actually a t-shirt but I am sure it is a fantastic t-shirt). With the topic having to cover an armored (sic) car and kids clothing it amazed me that each author had a completely different spin on it. Makes for some interesting reading. It is a blind competition (not meaning that you have to be blind to enter, or to read and vote) but that we won't know which story belongs to which author until the end. Worth a look. Links are on Daniel's site.

And in other other news Linda is coming to Sydney for a visit. (Whooo Hoooo) She will be here on the weekend 11/12 February and I thought it a great time to organise the next Sydney bloggers get together (or two). How does a meet at one of the beaches sound, for a walk then lunch at a cafe. Perhaps on the Saturday. Or dinner on Saturday night. Or both. I will scout around for options but am more than happy for recommendations if so provided. If you are interested let me know then I will set up an email group separately. I am very lucky that Linda has agreed to stay with me for the weekend so I get to monopolise her time but I am very happy to share LOL. Have car - will travel.

So on all fronts things are going well. Looking forward to tomorrow :D

Thanks for the linkup, M. Just so you know, my story's the one with the ...

Just caught up on your last two posts. That weights session must have really taken it out of you, to sleep the whole night on the couch! Isn't it amazing how quickly time can slip by without us realising we're not exercising as much as we mean to! I don't know how you track your food, but what I do at the start of each week is write my daily exercise plan on each page of my tracker - so I see it when I'm writing down my food.
Well done on pushing yourself to exercise, it will soon become a habit again.
And you lucky things - a blogger meeting!

Good on you for going for that walk anyway! :-) Have a great day, and hope you managed to make it to bed!

Well done on the treadmill walking. I love the treadmill. Did you remember to still hold those $50, $100 notes tight? Hope so!

Well done for attacking the treadmill, I still haven't reacquainted myself with mine yet.
Damn i'm playing a gig on the night of the 11th of Feb and won't be able to get away. I always miss out. *mopes around the room with bottom lip hanging out*
Bri

I'm in!!! I have nothing planned that weekend. I've spoken to my sister and she is having the birthday gathering the weekend before! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait!! Jamie is playing cricket that weekend in Botany area so I'm easy. I'll travel anywhere for a meet up!

Also well done on getting out and walking! The hardest part is the initial step. From then on it's second nature! XX

YAY for you for jumping on the that treadmill...this rain looks as if it's never gonna ease up! I so need to get a treadmill for home!

Good going M, it's such an achievement to "do it anyway". LOL at the link to Dan too...I'll have to let him know! And how about you Miss Organiser 2006!? Linda is going to be spoilt :-) I'm definitely up for something on the Saturday so keep me posted. I've put it in my diary. It'll be great to meet more bloggers!

D'oh! Dan got here before me. He's the blogger addict in my house now *shakes head* LOL.

I'm not an addict! I'm just efficient. Bloglines is my tool of choice.

I can stop anytime, you know. Really.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??