« Home | First one of the season » | Sheeeesh » | Almost made it :D » | What comes down.. » | 2006 Kick Off » | Weigh in - 2006/01 » | 2005 Wrap up » | Weigh in - 36 » | The Proof :D » | Out on a School Night ! »

Weigh in - 2006/02

It's gone. The Christmas gain was neatly disposed off by a loss of .8kg bringing me back to post Christmas weight of 77kgs. It could have been better and this is the driver for this week.

In the blog catch up I have been doing I have read many brilliant posts. One post in particular really caught my attention. Lucinda wrote a post about how our environment shapes the decisions we make in regards to eating and exercising and how easy it is to slip into old habits when faced with an old environment. Say when you visit home during the holidays. Sue then replied with a simple but true comment that if you can make changes in your own environment you can make them anywhere.

I find it too easy to make excuses for my lack of eating correctly, tracking, drinking water, exercise, anything! when I am out of my comfort environment of work. My home used to be a comfort environment but has not been for a while. It is time for me to stop making excuses and focus on the goal I am aiming for. Is it worth stretching out my achievement just because I am too lazy, shy, embarrassed, lazy to make sure ALL my environments are safe ones? Because they all are. Everywhere. It is just up to me to make them so.

Congrats on the loss, back to before xmas, cant ask for much better. i agree with your thought ftw. we are the only ones that can make the changes and our own destiny's.
have a great week

Great job on getting back to your pre-chrissie weight. I also agree that it's up to us EVERY time we make a choice - to make a good one (or nearly every time anyway). Have a great day.
Bri

Great loss - well done!

Well done on a fantastic loss!

So I have you to thank for a lovely cool Sunday. Your prayers were definately answered!! XX

I've just gotten back to pre Xmas weight also... Isn't it a fantastic feeling? have a great week.

Well done on getting rid ofthe holiday weight. I, too, have begun to realise that I rely on work to control my eating (because I have no access to temptations). I have to learn to control it myself, again.

Great loss, excellent work!

Oh so wise, and oh so true!

Well done on your loss, only 9kg to go!!! You're nearly there :-)

That's a great loss. Are you trying No count or sticking to the point counting?

Yay, excellent loss M!

ooo! I'm famous! Words of wisdom...haha.

I am the excuse queen really, still does not explain why I ate three anzacs today...they were chewy...mmm

well done M, thats a great loss!! too true about environments eh! have a great week hun!

Hey M,
Congratulations of booting another .7kg - Everyone is entitled to a little bit of indulgence over the festive season. Luckily we have tools to reverse it - and a few lists with checkboxes to be ticked!

I definately feel the environment I'm in dictates how strong my resolve will be to stick to the plan. Mostly because my success has come from being organised, and often, when I'm out of that familar territory, that organisation is replaced by chaos when it comes to food choices. It can be as simple as not having a microwave to heat up the leftovers, or having someone else cook for me several nights in a row, but I use these as excuses to not pay attention to what is going in.

Good luck on staying focused - today, tomorrow...remember to tackle things one day at a time.

Cheers,

Cath

Good girl for getting rid of that gain. You have done really well to be back to your pre-Christmas weight already. Now its onwards towards your goal. GO FOR IT!

Woohooo for the loss hun!! I agree..We have to make our environments safe ones because we are the only ones that can help ourselves.

Love CM

YAY well doen on a great loss and for getting back to 77kg, that is awesome! thank you also for your support and comments, means a alot! xo

Well done on the loss.

I think sometimes as far as your environment goes, it come back to old fashioned willpower. Sometimes there are always going to be occasions where you have NO choice - it's either eat the unhealthy option or starve - but even then you can minimise the damage.

None of which explains why I keep eating the kingston biscuits in the kitchen cookie jar at my current job!

Good loss Margaret! Well done :)

I do not go by safe environments really. I have proved that when I am not in the right state of mind and psyche there is nothing I can call safe. I don't have junk at home, but listen to this: crisis period a few months back...nothing sweet or decadent at home. But I had honey, bananas, apples and raisins. Oh...and a jar of sesame seeds for the occasional bread baking.

So I made fyllo with water and flour and olive oil, and made a paste with all the above (mashed apples and banana with raisins and honey and toasted sesame seeds) and made me a nice (nice?) pie kinda thingy. At midnight too mind you!

It is always easier to be prepared. have the necessary things at hand, have the options to eat nice and healthy, but if the willpower takes a turn, then no matter how healthy the food I inhale if I inhale it in massive quantities, its no use. Sometimes its just tons better to eat this small piece of chocolate and be done with it, especially if you count it in your daily points!

You are so logical...I admire you!

Well done on the loss M...thats great! And you made some interesting points there! Need to make all environments safe!

thas where being adaptable comes in handy, theres not really any excuse not to be able to do what needs doing :) well done on your 800g loss!

Well done on the loss! I've been making excuses lately and I know it's just laziness on my part. It is up to us to change ourselves!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??