« Home | It would have been so easy.. » | Reality Bites » | Weigh in - 2006/02 » | First one of the season » | Sheeeesh » | Almost made it :D » | What comes down.. » | 2006 Kick Off » | Weigh in - 2006/01 » | 2005 Wrap up »

Priorities

As we all know and have read about it seems we as women give ourselves the lowest priority in our life. Initially it is all about me, me, me then as you build relationships it becomes about sharing and eventually only about giving. This giving in itself is not a bad thing. We need to give. Give love, give protection, give ourselves. But. It means nothing if we cannot give to ourselves.

In order to ensure I make some headway into reaching my goals set for this year I am making myself a priority in my life. Not all the time. But definitely some of the time. Wednesday is my day. My day to leave work early. My day to choose to do what I want to do. My day to sit back whilst DH does the dinner, the bath, the bedtime rituals. Oh I will be there, and I will probably choose to participate, but I will not run it - nor will I feel guilty if I choose to have a bath whilst it is all going on, or come into the study to blog for a couple of hours. My day. Today I put a load of wash in, tidied the kitchen, and now I will catch up on blogs. I will probably get all the boys dinner stuff ready but I will retreat when they come home and have a hot bath. Doing things for me, not selfishly, and not to the detrement of my family, is going to be something I will take pleasure in this year. I think it will allow me to approach the other hectic days of the week a little more calmly.

***

Today was good at the gym. I did another weights session, so this would make it 3 days in a row. Whooo Hoooo a record I think. LOL. It was very busy today and there were a couple of exercises on my program that I could not do. This normally would have got me in quite a spin and I would have left. Today I took a step back and approached a machine I would not normally use and thanks to this months Slimming & Health Magazine that had an article about this particular piece of machinery I substituted my exercise. I am feeling pretty proud of myself.

***

I have been doing some research on what we can do, where can we go for the Sydney get together and thanks to Jodie for her fantastic suggestions and help today we have come up with a plan. I have asked Linda and she is all for it. I will email it out to those that are interested (still need to be a bit careful in such a public forum) but thought as that weekend is the last weekend in the Chinese New Year calendar and they have a fantastic assortment of things to do in Cockle Bay Wharf we could go to a place there for lunch on Saturday the 11th. I have rung and they currently have space but I am sure it will fill quickly. It is low to medium priced, is Asian, and has quite a few vegetarian options. It is also quite central to everyone and easy to access by train or bus. Then we can hang about or not, and just do anything we like. The Dragon Boat races will be on so will be a very loud and colourful affair. Just like us ;D

RSVP So far - Jodie, Linda, M, Mary

Me, me, me !! I would love to come, but alas unless I have won the big Wednesday draw tonight I think I may have to pass. Good on you for taking some you time. Enjoy every second of it !! Thank you for your comment on my blog and your e-mail. I really appreciate you taking the time to show me that you care. Thanks matie ! Luv Kel

ooo it would be great fun to come along, you guys will have a fab time together! good work getting to the gym for weights 3 days in a row too, you will be a buff star in no time :D
Making time for yourself as a busy mum & wife is tough but you've got the right idea, giving yourself a little 'me time' will make you better in all aspects. A happy mum is a good mum :)

You deserve to be proud of yourself M! Not only for the walk yesterday, the new exercise at the gym today and the good eating choices but for actually sticking to what you said you'll do and carving out the time to make yourself a priority. You deserve it and you deserve to be proud. :D

I think time for yourself is absolutely one of the best things you can do. In the long run, everyone will benefit from a more relaxed M. I forget how hard it was with small kids.
Well done on the weights!

Hi M,

Yes Kinetic is the game with trainers and different workouts. It is great I have had a lot of fun with it. You certainly work up a sweat from it.

Good on you for doing 3 weights sessions in a row. This week I did 3 classes in a row and I am so happy to be having today off feeling a little stiff lol.

It is also great that you are taking a day for yourself we as mother certainly need it.

Have a good week.

Kris :)

Good on you for making some "me" time. As Sue said, everyone will benefit.

Once again I wish I lived closer and I would join you and the others for a get-together. Oh well, one day!

Well done on your exercises 3 days in a row. I am so pleased to hear that you are taking some 'you' time - that is one of my focus points (although I have to say I haven't done a very good job of achieving it as yet !!!) but that will change !
Thanks again for all the organising - speak to you soon. Have a great day !
Me

Alrighty, Wednesday is your day now and we'll be checking on you to make sure that you keep it this way! I think it is really important to have certain days set for certain things or you forever keep putting it off, especially when it involves being good to just yourself for a couple of hours.

Your plan for the meet in February sounds perfect too! I can't wait :-)

Have a great end to the week matey.

i love the idea of me time, dave and i share most things so i get time to my self so i love that.
if it was a different weekend i would love to go to the catchup day as sydney is only about an hour and a half drive but i am going to canberra that weekend for my cousins baby shower, but i will endevour to get to one bloggers catch up.

I want to live in Sydney!!!!!

It would be fantastic to be involved in your activities, but alas I am a Melbournian and can't (Somehow I think Daz would freak if I flew out for a lunch).

Enjoy the 'me' time M, you thoroughly deserve it.

Jods.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??