« Home | What comes down.. » | 2006 Kick Off » | Weigh in - 2006/01 » | 2005 Wrap up » | Weigh in - 36 » | The Proof :D » | Out on a School Night ! » | Summer Time » | Short. Sharp. Shiny. » | Weigh in - 35 »

Almost made it :D

I was on a roll today. We went out for lunch to farewell a colleague who is moving to Tasmania and as we always secure a menu and pre-order to save some time I was able to leisurely choose what I wanted. I ordered a steak sandwich - with NO FRIES PLEASE. It was delicious and a good step for me.

First day back at work and I drank loads of water, ate sensibly, went for a little walk. I had hunger pangs when I left work but that was to be expected after eating the amount of food that I had been lately. I got home, organised the boys dinner, then it hit me. Full blown snack attack. There was nothing ready made to eat. But there was a pack of Greens 97% fat free banana muffins *groan* I baked. I ate 4. I feel unwell. I need to go and have a lie down and a good old fashioned chat to myself.

But, and this is a stretch, I was on 13 points. Plus 8 for the muffins, I am still only on 21 pts. 1 over for the day. I can't have dinner now (not that I really want anything - even a wafer thin anything will probably be enough to make me puke - yuck)

Tomorrow will be better
I am such a dufus sometimes ;D

Lol, at least you finished the day on pts :o)

It's a pity you can't freeze them as soon as they are cook and avoid the temptation. Anything fresh out of the oven smells so yummy.

I had a last minute set back today too - my son had to buy a pizza and have it in front of me...

Yeah, so what's wrong with that? LOL

It could have been much worse, and a bit over a year ago it probably would have been. Not the most nutricious dinner, but not the worst of all time either.

I babysat a friend's 3yo daughter the other night and I killed myself laughing while eavesdropping at her door as she chatted to herself before falling asleep, but now I get it, she had had a muffin binge too!

I kind of like it when I'm naughty and I feel yuck afterwards it reminds me why I don't want to do this to myself anymore if nothing else and generally stops the binge in it's tracks. I'm sick aren't I?

Sounds like you're struggling to get back to good habits after your break - just like most of us! Love the Mr Creosote reference.

lol @ wafer thin!! :-)

You'll get there - you're just getting back into it. You are going to get to your goal this year, and this little setback aint gonna stop you - not one bit!

LOL - Must have been the night for it! I had this huge craving for pizza last night so I thought I would be a good girl and make my own. I bought the pack of 6 small pizza bases and just topped them myself. Anyway gorged and ate 2! Felt really unwell afterwards but satisfied my craving for pizza!! XX

Still under points... what the hell... could be a regular thing on your menu.. each Thursday night - Muffins for tea!!

Oh your poor girl! That is the worst time, when you come home from work starving. Especially after being on holiday and being able to have little snacks when you need them.
Hope you had a lovely breakfast this morning!

Still on points - dont give yourself a hard time. I always drink a glass of water or have some toast when I feel like that - just enough to tide you over until you get dinner happening. Dont stress about it - it happens!!
vxx

LOL I can't believe you BAKED muffins - why didn't you just cook your dinner? You're a little mad and I love that - it means we're nearly the same - cos i'm a LOT mad! hehe
Have a great day, i'm sure you won't do the muffin thing again for a while. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Bri

Good on you for starting the day well and making good choices. I wouldn't worry to much about the muffins it happens and just think there are 4 less muffins for you to eat now lol. I have been guilty of doing the same before and I felt bad too. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Kris :)

You dag M. This is so familiar. I always have the same trouble when I bake the Greens 97% fat free choc chip Muffins mmmmmmmm, just thinking about them makes me salivate ;)

Hope today is better for you.

Jods

Lol, you've made me scared. I go back to work on Monday where the dreaded snack box lurks. Happy new year to you. It's going to be a great one.

OOPS
these things happen.
i bet your already back on track though and 1 point you can make that up.
hope the muffins didnt make you feel too sick
fiona

Oops. Never mind, just count it and keep going.

Something I've learned over Christmas and New Year is to never let myself get that hungry because I will never be satisfied with a small portion of something healthy.

But good on you for making a healthy choice earlier in the day. It will all work out!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend xxxxxx

Oh dear - never mind back on track and doing a fantastic job today I am sure !!
Keep up the good work - will mail the details as soon as they are confirmed - YAY !!!!
Have a fantastic weekend - Me

know what would go well with those banana muffins? the HALF JAR OF organic PB I ATE AN HOUR AGO ugh, lets go be sick together. send some of that dufus my way

Ouch, four muffins! Don't you find it harder to pack in after your tummy shrinking? I know I can't get away with it. Mmm, steak sandwich...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??