« Home | WOW » | Good Friends » | Weigh in - 2006/03 » | Me me me » | Priorities » | It would have been so easy.. » | Reality Bites » | Weigh in - 2006/02 » | First one of the season » | Sheeeesh »

Wheeeee - that was fun

Today I have wracked up my quota of daily steps walking around a carousel. That's right. To ensure that DS2 did not fall off said carousel I walked with him. Around. And around. And around again. It was fantastic!! We went to a 4 yr old party held at Tribal Zone in the North Ryde RSL Club. For an hour we had exclusive use of the games palour where the kids could bowl, ride on the carousel, play air hockey, fooz ball, and a host of games machines, then on to lunch and another hour of chucking themselves around a huge ball pit and jungle him. I, I mean, they had so much fun LOL. I did overhear one of the staff saying that they thought the parents were enjoying themselves. Well I did have to climb in to ensure the children were safe. I suppose I didn't have to stay in there for the entire hour and tackle every child and bury any other parent who dared enter my domain. It was hilarious and I sure earned my ice cold d.coke when I got out. We will be back :D

I read Sue's post today about her brilliant batting average at the weight loss crease. Over 1kg a week for a total of 45.4kgs. That is absolutely fantastic. Loads of us are fantastic. But what this post of Sue's has done for me today is shown me that whilst we are all different it can be done. And I sat here and realised (not for the first time - but this time really clearly) that if I am honest with my food. Honest with my exercise. Honest with my drinking. Then I should lose weight. If I am honest every week and still don't lose weight - then I need to go and see a Dr because something else is going on. Right now I am not losing the weight I need because I either eat too much or exercise too little or both. Today my balance was good. And it was fun too.

My weekly check up
3 x weights sessions - Only did 1. Can blame Australia Day and day off on Friday but I knew these were coming and I needed to plan better.
2 x cardio sessions - Done.
Min 12,500 steps a day - Done. One day was lower but was made up over the rest of the week.
Eat 140 pts for the week - Not done. I ate well more but as I did not track consistently I could not even say how much.
Plan my me time for Wednesday - Done. Not fully successful but getting better.

Well done on making all of your goals and having such a great week. I haven't been honest with myself lately either and i'm regrouping as of tomorrow. Look out treadmill here I come! I can hear it shaking from here.
Hope you have another great week.
Bri

I really like how you have done the weekly check up summary. Keeps you honest and while you probably haven't quite achieved all you wanted to, you know where you are at, it's all in black in white in front of you.

I really do believe that though that while some of us may not be 100% every week at least we aren't back into our old patterns and as you summed it up - as long as the balance is good and also fun:)

Lol M, how did you not get dizzy?! I get dizzy just trying to keep my eye on Amelia on those things.

I love your idea of me time, although it hasn't been entirely successful. I was talking to Joseph about it and we thought we might have alternate weeks of me time (one night a week) - our free time. Great idea! Hehe, not sure if it will happen in reality, but it's a great idea.

I agree, it all comes down to honesty. Well done on meeting most of your goals this week.
:o)

I am sure that those places are built with parents in mind just as much as with the children in mind !!! Am glad that you had all that exercise and that you had such a good day.
Take care - Me

I love reading about special family days like this. It sounded great fun!
Good luck with this weeks goals - you were pretty close this time but as you acknowledge there is room for improvement and that's half the battle. Do you add the steps in for your cardio and weights sessions? I hope you are not short changing/stepping yourself!!
I just entered my steps into WWA and saw you way up there at #11. Well done but I have to tell you I'm #8 so come on chase me!!!!

I have loved reading back over your last few posts.

I also love your steps progress on the side bar. Its a terrific way to keep your mind off the scales and focus on fitness.

Poor you. My heart went out to you when I read about your interrupted bath time. That is my one sacred moment per week that I get for me. I felt your pain.

:-) Have a beautiful week!

youve got some right lucky kids there :) have a fantastic day pretty xox

Hey, I just logged onto WWA to put my steps in. You're right up the top!! Yay, well done young lady. How on earth do you get time to do all that walking?
Bri

The kids party sounds like a blast, I can just imagine you diving around in the ball-pit, ha ha.

Hope you have a great week this week :-)

Hi. Hope u have a great, 'honest' week. The kiddie party sounded like fun.

Sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend. Well done for no boardies at the beach. Now you can rid yourself of the tan lines that the shorts leave behind. LOL!!! XX

I love children's playgrounds now! They are so much fun and I am no longer paranoid that I am going to get stuck on something cos I am too fat!
I was totally honest with tracking last week and found it made such a difference! Am going to stick to it again this week!
You are right! We both have less than 10kgs to go! Yay for both of us .. and yay for everyone who has lost weight

xx

Hehe, you know how to have a good time anywhere. I would have been so *dizzy*! You're so right on the honesty front. I think when we all have a good look at what we are REALLY putting into our mouth and how often we move, it makes more sense about why we are losing...or not. I had to get real with myself again. Kind of lost it there for a couple of weeks but it's back. I hope you have a great week M :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??