« Home | Wheeeee - that was fun » | WOW » | Good Friends » | Weigh in - 2006/03 » | Me me me » | Priorities » | It would have been so easy.. » | Reality Bites » | Weigh in - 2006/02 » | First one of the season »

Weigh in - 2006/04

Todays weight is exactly 78kgs so no loss no gain. I therefore congratulate myself on learning how to maintain and remind myself that I do not wish to maintain at this weight. I want to maintain at 68kgs. So I have come up with a plan to get me there. Actually it is the same plan but I have written it up in both a contract and an action plan which I have printed out and copies of which will live on the fridge, on the bathroom mirror, on the back of the wardrobe door, pinned up at my desk (discretely) and in my bag. Typing it up like this showed me that by breaking it up during the day I can get quite a bit of exercise in without taking up too much time in any one block. This contract ties in with the end of Paulene's 12 week challenge and with DH's work "Biggest Loser" challenge which begins on Wednesday (more on that later)

I know that these things are just gimmicks and triggers and the real work lies in actually getting the job done. This is succinctly captured by the saying in my daily calendar today:

"Between saying and doing many a pair of shoes is worn out" - Italian Proverb

But I am good with lists and checksheets. So here are mine. I think they will go a long way in getting me back in the game :D


Congratulations in maintaining!!
I love your sheets, great plan - and they look very professional:)
Dh biggest loser challenge....can't wait to hear more!

I need something like that to sign - will have to make something up for myself. Great idea, I think it really helps if we have visual reminders.
You're so clever!
Bri

What a great idea. I used to not let myself use the tv or computer at night until I'd gone to the gym... it's too easy to sink in front of the telly (or get online) and keep putting the exercise off.

I'm sure you'll knock this challenge on the head!

oh my, those are very fancy plans....did you do them on windows?

I especially love the "think" section

Join the maintainers club! This was just what I needed to read, and I'll be printing out copies for myself to put on the fridge and other prominent places!

Thanks M, and have a great week :)

Well done for getting organsied!! 10 kilos to go - piece of piss (one of my DH favorite sayings!!) You will get there girl!

Hi M...your committment pages look great and hopefully they do the trick with keeping up your wonderful positivity and enthusiam at the moment. Hope it rubs off on me a bit 8-). Congrats also on the beach trip - I am looking forward to that free feeling of being boardie free at the beach. Have a great week.

yay for maintaining! this is something you are going to have to be able to do in just 10 kilos! Only 10 kilos! Yay for M!
Your plan looks great and a good idea to print it out and stick it everywhere!

Good luck this week

xx

I love this challenge you have set yourself!! Have a great week!

It looks very spiffy M! I love lists and charts and I think they really do help.

Am getting my magnifying glass out and studying your lists minutely. Congrats on maintaining - remember its better than gaining.
:o)

Love your plan - great idea. Also well done on maintaining - far better than a gain;)

Gosh they look brilliant. But getting up at 5.30am? Ouch! what time do you go to bed?

I really should get up and treadmill in the mornings, I'm usually just getting squashed by kids climbing in by 6.15am :)

Bloody brilliant M! Thanks for sharing this because it is so damn inspiring, it hurts!! You are going to make it to goal *la la li la da de whoot*.

fantabulous plan M!!! u go girlfriend! & nothing wrong with a maintain at this time of yr!

At least you maintained Dear M. You have the plan to start losing again and I am sure you will succeed.
Never lose track of the fact that you have come such a long way and you have done such a fantastic job (while coping with raising a family and working and worrying about parents) and you will continue to do so.

YAY for maintaining, M! Thats great! And the lists you've made for yourself are brilliant...I'm a list writer and find that this helps a lot. Looking forward to hearing more about your DH biggest loser challenge! Have a great week!

excellent new plan of action! 10 weeks will go by SO fast... im impressed by point#1 under Move :) excited to exercise at 5:30am? i never thought something like that was even possible. then again with how hot it gets there 5:30 am may be a blessing lol cant wait to see how you get on!!

wow that sounds like a great plan of action

Woah, someone wants to get to goal! I love the idea of making a contract with yourself. I once heard (on Oprah I think) a quote that went something like this... "You wouldn't break a promise that you made to a friend, so why would you break one that you've made to yourself?" I think we should all learn to be our own best friends, and it seems like you've really made a start with this contract. Good on you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??