« Home | Eating Habits » | Weigh in - 28 » | The Walk is Done » | Strike - Out » | My List » | Spectacles anyone » | New Friends » | I don't want to talk about it » | Puff n Stuff » | Mental Health »

Arty Farty

On the walk on Sunday I was talking to Cath and Mary about a gift I got DH for his birthday last year. It was a visit to a place called artescape where you get put in a head to toe white disposable overall - kind of like a big white blob (as we both were back then) and then you get taken to a room, given a piece of masonite (cheap version of a canvas), and you get to go mad creating a masterpiece. There are no paint brushes. You use things like Barbie doll heads, salad servers, soccer balls, pieces of chain etc. It was hilarious and makes for one unique gift.

I would highly recommend it as a great option. It was hugely entertaining as they also supplied beer, wine and snacks before hand. Which is where the farty comes into it ;)

My painting is the wild one on the right. The one DH did we have entitled "Fireworks at the Beach" LOL we are pretentious sometimes.

Thank you re all the great advice on the previous post. I think that with all the other changes I have made, it will not hurt me to hold onto the yoghurt or d.coke at this stage. I will keep looking for alternatives and when I find ones that suit I will incorporate them into my day.

I would love to do this, I saw it on - was it Big Brother??? It looked like a LOT of fun. Especially if you get WINE. I assume if you drink while painting that negates the calories??? haha
Bri

I love these paintings and they are made by you and there are now memories attached to it. They are the best artwork!!

Love CM

I love that idea. Would make a cool pressy for the "impossible person" to buy for! I know a few of them!! XX

Sounds like a lot of fun..all that laughter would have to use up a lot of energy as well.

Hehe, what a cool idea! And your husbands really does look like fireworks at the beach :-)

That looks like so much fun! I wanna do it ...
Wonder if they do that in NZ?

:o)

Looks like a great idea - I reckon the kids would love it too!!

How awesome is that for a gift idea!!! I hope you had a great time on your walk on the weekend. And as for the food choices - I have now been converted to sprite zero - i am sure it is no more healtheir than diet coke, but makes a nice change :-)

how very cool :) glad to hear u r not stressing about the yoghurt or DC anymore too!

Oh wow, I think they look fantastic....very arty, and the beer is a nice touch too ;)

What a great gift idea! Great your weekend walk went so well - sorry I missed it. Did you see the article in one of Sundays newspaper mags about the French developing low alcohol (6%) wine that actually still tastes like wine. Wonder what the cals would be. Have a great day.
:)
Julie

Well done, Margaret!
I also like to get stuck into a bit of painting (especially oils), but haven't in a long while. But I do like to check out the art work on Trademe, especially frank007
Have a great night!

Different and fun - sounds as if you enjoyed doing them!

I love arty farty stuff and those look great. Well done on your previous post with your food choices - I really struggle to get in my dairy and fruit but don't know what I am going to do about that - thb. I like to drink plain mineral water as an alternative to diet coke - but sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do. Take care and have a great week. Great photo from bloggers in joggers too.lb

Thanks for posting this M! I want to do this with Dan :-) It looks like so much fun!!

What a fantastically different present idea. Sounds like great fun, especially after the wine, beer and snacks! A pic of you both in your plastic fantastics would have been fun too!

This sounds like great fun. I will be checking out the link for a possible activity when we come up to Sydney.

What a great idea ! MAybe we can give that a try when we come down to Sydney next time.
I love your affirmation for the week - it is great.
I too looked at the food I have been eating and realised a lot of it was because it was easy to point and sometimes not necessarily what I felt like - will have to have a re-think in that dept - thanks for reminding me that was what I was going to do !!!
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??