« Home | The Wedding » | Natures Miracles » | Directions » | Somebody Stop Me » | New Freedoms » | Bloggers In Joggers » | Weigh in - 25 » | Lights Camera Action » | Still here » | Princess Tight Butt »

Weigh in - 26

(Current photo to be inserted here once film developed and scanned in. Darn digital camera gave up)

Would I be happier today if I had lost 400gms and lost the 20kgs this week. Yes. Am I less estatic that I have lost 19kgs in 26weeks and am living a much healthier lifestyle. HELL NO! I have come so far in 6 months - both physically and mentally - and I am amazed that I have achieved the things I have. If you would have told me at the beginning that this could be possible I would not have believed it. But perhaps I did. Somewhere deep in the recesses of my mind I must have believed it is possible because here I am.

I took my measurements this morning and can I just say - Bloody Hell! (LOL - should stop swearing) I am so glad I decided to take measurements because on a weigh in day when the weight goes up, looking at the measurements going down sure helps to keep the positivity up. And the best stat from below. The fact that my bust now is what my waist used to be. Looking down at my body it is hard to imagine that that could be possible.



Body BitaaaThen (cm)aaaNow (cm)aaaDifference (cm)
Neck35341
Upper Arm (R)33.5 294.5
Bust1149618
Waist96 7818
Hips124.510222.5
Butt120 10317
Thigh (R)71.55813.5
Calf (R)43 376
100.5 cms

This journey has been about so much more than the weight. The weight is a HUGE part and without it, the journey would not have been begun, but as I have travelled through the months it has been fascinating to look at how I have changed in other ways and how those changes have made it easier to continue down a healthy road.

Today is all about celebrating the journey that has begun. The stage that I am at now and the excitement about where the future will find me. The things I am most excited about are:

1) I have lost 19kgs
2) I have lost 100.5cm in size
3) I have learned that I am not alone. I have to do the work myself but having support and guidance has made this journey so much easier. (thanks guys)
4) I have a much healthier relationship with food (most of the time :) )
5) I have learned that eating unhealthily for one meal does not mean the end of the road
6) I can keep up with, and sometimes outlast, the boys on an active day
7) I am more confident
8) I can wear clothes that show my figure without embarrassment
9) I do not let my weight/size stop me from doing things.
10) I am more fully involved in my life
11) I have learned that I can cope more easily with personal crises and that overeating does not solve anything
12) I have more respect for myself
13) I understand that taking time out to look after me is not being selfish.
14) I am worth spending the time and effort on being the best I can possibly be.

So that is the journey that has begun. I open my arms today to take on whatever the next 6 months has to offer.

** Edit - Thank you Julie for your donation for my walk. I really appreciate it and know that you can't walk with us - this time. Hope your foot heals quickly. **


Points FTD: 20
Points Left FTW: 100
Sugar Points: 2
Checklist: 4/5 (not enough water)
DAJS Challenge: Done
Other Exercise: Walk to Broadway
TIAGF:Stickability

Yay, Im the first to comment :o)

Im not sure exactly what this weeks result was, but huge congrat's on all those cm's lost!!

Love the list :o)

You are truly a very awesome person and you have done a fantastic job in the last six months. Thank you for inspiring me, and everyone else who visits your blog, and for sharing your life journey with us, the good and the bad bits.
Congratulations and well done.
Can't wait to help celebrate when you get to GOAL WEIGHT!
Bri

Wow! Excellent achievement!!! WELL DONE!!
I have one question, though.
Where did your boobs go?? I had that happen to me, too. Isn't it nice to be able to wear sexier and slinkier underwear? Though, having said that, I still need to throw out my off-white granny underwear ; )

Love your list of achievements and I think it is so important that we all do that - lots - just so we remember them! Great work with those measurements too. Shame about the wedding plans not going as you thought. Bet you felt a million dollars though with your new body!!:)

What a fantastic post. It is easy to forget who much we have achieved when the scales tell us something we don't want to know. Maybe we should all be reminding ourselves what we can now do and how we now feel compared to when we were at our highest weights ...

Good to have you back

*hugs* :o)

You rock and look at those measurements... You've done so well and come so far looking forward to the next 6 months of your journey..

Wow you've lost a metre!!!!!

Well done!! Glad you had a nice time at the wedding but that stuff up with the accomodation and sitter would be enought to make anyone angry! We had a wishing well at our wedding too. It's a great idea because we had already been living in our own home for 2 years when we got married but I understand about the difference of what you put in and what you would have put in had you know about all this prior!!

0.6 isn't too bad! You had a great weekend away and that is always hard. I think my 1kg a week goal has been shot out the window this week. I think I'll be looking for 1.5 over the next 2 weeks to make up for it!!!

Have a great day. XX

Far out, look at those stats! WHOO HOO!! I am just sitting here nodding my head to everything you have listed. I *really* and finally understand all this :-) You are a legend M and thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I am always inspired by your sense of humour and positive vibes *hugs*.

What a fantastic list of achievements in six months. Look at those cms gone. That is so terrific M! Congratulations, you are an inspiration to us all.

Glad to hear the wedding went well - can't wait for pics o be inserted:)
Great cm loss! Well done!

WOW!! I love love love! that list! Go you! And well done on losing over 100cms!! Really that is what matters (oh and being healthy!)
So pleased for you!x

I have now moved sites and don't want to advertise the address so that my stalker can find me so if you would like the address could you please email me via my old site.

Cannot wait to see the photos! The measuring is great too isn't it.
Thank you for all your comments of late - they have helped a lot. Hope things are going okay with your mum.

Yippee, awesome measurement losses - you are a little machine!

19kg is just an AMAZING accomplishment, its no wonder your hubbys cousin has a bit of a secret crush on you :-)

The wedding / weekend-away sounds amazing, can't wait to see pics. I understand your frustration about the accommodation / sitter, but at the end of the day its more important that you and your family had a great time.

I am going to say exactly the same as you said to me a couple of posts ago... OMG we are like living the same life he he he the 19 kilos thing is hard when you get so close to 20 kilos but you will do it and look at the how much you have lost in such a short time you are an inspiration hun!

Love Chubbymum

wow - thats some mega centimetres girly, its over a metre!! welldone!!

Re the wedding accommodation/babysitting - its a shame that things turned out that way& not very fair either! but glad to hear overall you had a nice wknd

Wow M just like me so close to 20 kg. Wish I had taken measurements. Yours really say a lot. What says even more though is your list. It is spot on and says so much about where you are at emotionally. You really are an inspiration and that is said sincerely.

Well done on the fantastic measurements and for coming so far!! I know how you feel - unfortunately I put on some of my weight by I want that feeling back!!

THis is SO amazing Margaret!!! im so thrilled for you, youve come so far and achieved so much.... i mean... 100.5cms! WOW! :D

You got it right M - it's really about a lot more than the numbers on the scales. Keep on keepin on.lb

What an impressive woman you are. I have missed checking your blog over the last few weeks, and I'm glad to see that you're still a "loser"! That's fabulous work. You are very inspirational, and each time I read your blog I come away with more motivation to do the right thing. Thanks so much, and congratulations on your achievements.

well done M! It is so great to see "real" role models out there, for people like me who are in the intitial phases of this fantastic wonderful journey that we have all embarked on. Glad to see how positive you are, and how it does become so much more than weight loss!

What can I say besides a heartfelt and honest BRAVO!!!!!

And oh my god...you just look so thin in these pictures!!!!

Amazing really, to me it looks as if you are naturally skinny!!!

And dont I envy those great arms ;)!!!!

19kgs, wooohooo! Well done! You continue to amaze me :-) I love this list, it's so positive, and it really spurs me on to have a good day!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??