« Home | Bloggers In Joggers » | Weigh in - 25 » | Lights Camera Action » | Still here » | Princess Tight Butt » | Weigh in - 24 » | Did I do that? » | Snakes & Ladders » | Cranky Farty McPants » | Birthday Greetings »

New Freedoms

When talking about, or showing, my new dresses a lot of my friends have commented to me that they have never seen me in a dress. And other than my uniform, have never seen me in a skirt. I started thinking about why I never did. I like skirts. I like dresses. But it is true. The last dress I wore was my wedding dress. Why?

When you wear a dress or skirt there is no fabric in between your legs to stop your thighs rubbing. I remember on days wearing a work skirt, where I had chosen not to wear stockings because it was too hot. By the end of the day the rubbing would have caused huge chaffing that at times took skin off. That is extremely painful and bloody embarrassing. From that point I wore trousers or jeans. For 7 years.

Buying these two dresses heralds a new era for me. One where I have accepted that my body has changed and that with that I have limitless opportunity to wear clothes that I have not been able to for a long time. Now of course I have a different problem. Bra's. Having strappy and halterneck clothes means I can't keep wearing the massive hold-all's so I will be getting out of my comfort zone at lunch tomorrow, and hopefully getting into some swish new undies. Oh what a problem :)


Points FTD: 20
Points Left FTW: 80
Sugar Points: 2
Checklist: 4/5
DAJS Challenge: Not Done
Other Exercise: Swimming
TIAGF: Banana's with chocolate mousse - yummmmm

I am the same - there are some people who have never seen me in a dress except my wedding dress and that was nearly 18 years ago !! But, even though I have lost the weight I sitll don't think I will be buying any dresses - just not a 'dress' kind of girl. Am sure Al and K would wonder who had walked out the bedroom if I wore a dress. I do have little shift things that I used to wear over my togs at home but I am sure that those will be far too big for me now seeing as they were bought to 'cover up' !!!
Have a great day and enjoy the undie shopping !!!
Me

Morning! I was not a skirt person either ... to much work ... what to wear on top, what undies to wear underneath, what shoes to wear .. toooo much to think about!
Lately though I have been wearing some to work which is nice ... I do have to buy some sandals though to wear with them during the summer.

Enjoy your undie shopping and buy some bright and funky!

xx

As awkward as it can be, I highly a proper fitting. They don't see you naked, but you will have to strip to your bra and maybe have a prod to make sure all the underwires are sitting in the right places.

Well done on new wardrobe choices!

I so know where you are comming from with the pants/dress thing.

Have fun with the undie shopping

I want your problems!! There's a great shop on Foveaux St Surry Hills that has v cheap bras and undies ($14.95 for a $54.95 Playtex holdall) that is having 25% off if you buy three bras. V close to Central...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the chaffing thing. I remember walking around London in a dress (10 years ago) and then not being able to walk for about three weeks afterwards cos the chaffing was SOOO bad. Ouch. I have never worn a dress without pantyhose or those waist to knee hold-in things since.
Maybe this summer i'll try again?
Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog, they made me feel much better.
Bri

I love skirts now but your post brought back memories of the chaffed legs!! Ouch!

Enjoy the shopping - what a nice problem you have!

Even though I still have a long road to travel I do already notice the difference in wearing a skirt. Over the past week I have worn a skirt to work every day and even invested in 2 ruffle/voil skirts because I feel comfortable in them now. Even getting a little trendy with the whole weight loss thing. Who would have thought!! XX

Oh yeah, I hear you and know that pain. The red, raw, sting of death and walking funny! But on the flipside, buying new bras is heaps of fun. I did that yesterday in Myers (City). Buy 2 and you get a 20% discount, buy 3 and you get a 30% discount. Have fun matey!

PS. I want to see photos :-)

I'm the exact opposite - I can't wear pants. I have skinny legs and no butt but a big tummy. I live in skirts.

Woohoo for new underwear.

I can't wait to be able to feel comfortable in a dress!!

OHHHHH I want to feel sexy in a dress and skirt!!! Can't wait!!

Chubbymum

i always liked skirts/dresses and the miracle of lady boxer biker type undies which are just extended legs are great to prevent the chaffing issue :) have fun at your lunch out of your comfort zone, cant wait to hear how it goes :)

I am very much a dresses and skirt person but i only wear them to work when i get to sit behind a desk all day. Yesterday wewaring a skirt i was reminded why i didnt go walking in them, bloody rubbing!
Congrats on your new found freedom to wear what you like!
Also - good stuff on the shopping!
I brought a 2 tops, a cocktail dress, a hat and some makeup yesterday, so i joined you in the shopping! I might buy some shoes today too ;)

OMG, I have just been catching up on all your news! Sounds like you are fading away to a shadow! Congrats on buying all those lovely new clothes! Love the logo for Bloggers in Joggers. Wish I lived closer!

Just finished reading all your entries since I've been away. You rock! That's all I can say!

I so hear you about the skirt thing too - I've had chafing so bad that I've bled. I'm also beginning to like skirts again too, and enjoying the feeling of being sexy and feminine. :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??