« Home | Still here » | Princess Tight Butt » | Weigh in - 24 » | Did I do that? » | Snakes & Ladders » | Cranky Farty McPants » | Birthday Greetings » | A day in the life of » | Weigh in - 23 » | Mindless »

Lights Camera Action

I thought the news of my arrival had spread outside my sphere when I returned to Sydney today. Alas, it was not the news of new sized 10 (gulp!) and 12 clothes that brought the media to the airport but the pending arrival of the victorious Sydney Swans. Their loss ;)

Which brings me back to the clothing point. I went shopping yesterday with my Mum. She wanted to buy me some clothes for my birthday. Who was I to argue? So off to the outlet centre and in to Table Eight. I picked up a couple of things and went into the change room. I talked to the staff there and explained I was after something for a day time wedding and off one of them went. She came back with am armful of beautiful clothes - all in a size 10 !!!!! I said I was flattered but that she had the wrong size. She said I looked like a 10. I said Whoooo Hooooo - in my head because saying it outloud would have been crazy. She took all but one top back as it only came in a 10. I tried it on for a laugh. It fits. I bought it. I also got a skirt and cardi for the wedding and a couple of little tank tops which look really great with jeans. I was stoked. The stuff could have looked like potato sacks for all I cared - they were 10 & 12's.. (and I also am very aware that their sizing is generous but the label says what the label says LOL)

Then it was off to Target where I bought a great dress (I know - I don't even believe I own a dress) with money my Mother In Law gave me for my birthday. I tried the 12 on but it was too tight across the bust and just looked ordinary but the 14 looks really nice. Then I bought another dress, a low backed halter-neck (who am I, where has M gone??) which was a 12. All the clothes were in browns, creams, and green. All fairly plain. Flatters my currently existing waist and disguises nicely my tummy and bottom. Thank you Trinny & Suzzanah :) One thing I did realise when shopping is that my arms are no where near as bad as I thought they were. I think the gym work is really pulling my bat-wings into shape. I can't wait to go tomorrow.

Sizing is a really funny thing in clothes and something that in the past I have really focused on. I remember as I was getting larger that I refused to wear anything that was a 16. Then it was 18. And so on. There was very little consideration of the clothes looking good, or fitting well. It was all about the size on the label. This little shopping trip has cemented that it is not all about the label. Sizing in womens fashion sucks as it is not consistent. Yes I am having a giggle that I now own something that the label says 10 in, but I also perfectly understand that the s14 dress I just bought looks equally as flattering on. And neither item makes me look big or small. Just smart. And pretty. And feminine. That is the way I am going to shop from now on. It may take longer as I don't know what the heck size to try on first but I will not let a label determine whether I buy something or not. Or have someone buy it for me as the case may be ;)

I have really missed blogging and the fact that I chose not to read blogs from another pc so that the history could not be accessed has raised some questions for myself. What am I hiding? I did not want anyone else reading a blog that I may read and comment on, and then perhaps finding their way back to me. I read a couple in the beginning, not realising I could not just clear all the history. I went and individually removed them but it was not as successful, or efficient. Even though I have travelled this far down my journey and some people in my family know that I keep a journal, I don't want them finding it. Not yet. I think I will need to get a lap top. This will need further pondering.

My exercising has been really good over the last week. Every day I did my 45 minutes of set walking (with butt releasing and clearing energy stretches - thanks Argy), plus all the incidental exercise that comes from having the boys full time and in holiday mode. I have never been tackled as much before in my life. It has been great fun but I think I need to go back to work to have a break :) My eating has been OK. Some great choices, some not so great choices, attempting to keep everything in moderation. The only thing that really slid right off the radar was my water drinking. So most days I got 4/5 of my checklist. Actually 3/5 as I would have had more than 2 sugar points a day.

I am just so happy to be home.

GO YOU!! Size 10 and 12!! Very nice!!
As for the whole hiding the blog, I totally understand. NOone knows I have a blog, I only told C after we got engaged (weird aye!) I just dont want them saying - what do you need to be doing that for? Or worse, reading my thoughts!!!

Sounds like a very successful and fun shopping trip M!!

Yippee for pretty and flattering new clothes, no matter what the label says (although that 10 - yeah baby!).

Aside from my lovely hubby, I've only told 3 people (including my mum) that I have a journal, and none of them has been interested enough to have a look - which suits me fine! Anonimity is a good thing :-)

Well done on sticking to program on your holiday, you are one tough chick!

Yee haa on the size 10 how damn exciting thats fab!
I am a history clearer too!!! I dont show anyone else my blog to read I talk about it thats about it!!
Hows the Challenge going?

Nobody knows about my blog either - hubby knows that I am writing something, I tell him it's what I am eating daily. He doesn't know anything about computers so explaining it to him wouldn't mean much...lol
I love the fact that I can talk about whatever is going on in my life without family/friends reading about it!!
Glad to hear you are home - and had a great time shopping:)

Wooooohooooo for clothes shopping and coming home with clothes with smaller size labels !!! I know the feeling and it is sooooo good.
Good for you for making the good choices when you could - that is what it is all about.
Take care and have a great week !Lotsa hugs to you.
Me

Hello Ms M, lovely to have you back.

Right at this moment I am sitting in the corner of a corner lounge, on my laptop (cannot recommend enough), with BF sitting at one end, J sitting at the other, and neither know what I am doing. Have homework opened so I can flick to it if they decide to get up and get me a drink. Can't help but feel like a fraud; I don't use my real name here and my flesh and blood friends have no idea I blog. Maybe once I've lost the weight I will tell people. And maybe not.

Re the clothes: sizing pisses me off too, I shouldn't let it be such a "thing" with me, but it is. Maybe cutting the tags out is a good idea?

Wow M - size 10!!! clothing sizes get to me as well - I have Size 12 to size 16 hanging in my wardrobe -all fit well. Don't you just love shopping now!! Thanks for you comment on my board re the grandson - I know my daughter has thought along a smililar line.

Also my daughters and husband know I havde an online journal - they don't know where (and haven't asked). I have told no-one else yet! Maybe one day?

Size 10...Congratulations!
I wish there was universal sizing...it is frustrating when you have to take 3 different sizes into the fitting room - because you need one that will be too big, to small, and just right! have a lovely week:)

the journey of an incredible shrinking woman (that's you by the way) I am full of proud envy and today I am determined to get out the hand weights and work on my own bat wings

I know i have said it before but you are truly amazing and your inspiring so many people

Welcome home!! The sizing does suck!! Last week I bought a sz18 voil/ruffle skirt from Suzanne Grae. It looks fantastic!!! I went back a couple of days later to try on some of their 3/4 pants and they wouldn't go anywhere near me. The difference was amazing but still my first 18 from a normal shop so I'm pleased about that!!! XX

Hehe...nice reception :-) and well done again on the clothing! How cool is that!! I don't know Table Eight clothing but I agree, who cares...it's still a size 10. I've given up on trying to work out sizing. As long as we can fit into clothes in ANY store now, we are laughing. So yeah, photo time hey Missy? You're Flickr is getting lonely.

I still feel a little weird about letting people know about my blog too. I just don't want some people to know because of how they "might" react. I only let people know if they are genuinely interested in losing weight themselves.

Well done keeping up with your exercise and eating well! This is great M and shows you CAN do it, even when you have a good excuse not to. Cheers to you babe! You sure show us how it's done :-)

You are as always inspirational and I now feel so ashamed of myself. The clothes 10 is a blast and I agree with you about the blogging. I do not want my family/friends reading it either. I will need to get my butt into gear to keep up with you in this walking challenge.

aye i couldnt access your blog for about 2 days without error messages im so glad to 'see' you again :) that shopping trip sounds wonderful, size 10! fabulous :D i also do the hiding thing when it comes to weight blog, just something about not wanting people to know i got fat and that if i were to ever run into any of them again i would be skinny by then. stupid yeh, we shouldnt have to hide we are fabulous people :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??