« Home | Weigh in - 25 » | Lights Camera Action » | Still here » | Princess Tight Butt » | Weigh in - 24 » | Did I do that? » | Snakes & Ladders » | Cranky Farty McPants » | Birthday Greetings » | A day in the life of »

Bloggers In Joggers

Please note colours are example only and may or may not change and image may get tidied up a bit - depends on how clever we (meaning Cath) can get ;D



After a fantastic discussion with Cath (thank you mate) the logo for Bloggers In Joggers is born. The Walk For A Cure is on Saturday 16th October around the country (specifically Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth & Sydney {Walks are also held in some regional locations. Please call your nearest JDRF office on 1300 363 126 for more information}) and hopefully will be a nice sunny day. Initially I was going to organise t-shirts to be printed but with everything going on have left my run too late. BUT. We have come up with a better option. Instead of printing t-shirts we will make available an emailable picture that you can print out on iron-on paper and put it on a t-shirt you already have or get for the day. If you don't have the ability to print I will do it for you and post it to you. To make sure you get it on time please send me an email before 11th October. Whoooo hooooo it's getting close now :)

As explained in my post a few weeks ago, I have registered and made my commitment to raise funds. You don't have to do this at all. If you just want to walk, just come and walk. If you want to donate money, then donate, but there is absolutely no obligation for you to do so as I know that people support their own charities. (That being said if you do want to donate you can do so securely at this site. In the search field, type in Bloggers and my details should come up. This will be live on Thurs or Fri. They will send you the receipt directly and the donation will go against my total. Easy Peasy.) I have to laugh. I put a jar of jelly babies out for a guessing competition at work and all the guesses are from people who are watching their weight. I think the little sugary babies of goodness are getting to all of us LOL.

So I will co-ordinate the Sydney meet up *shakes with nervous anticipation* but will happily email and post to any corner of Australia - that includes N.Z. *insert evil laugh*. If you want to be the co-ordinator for your city let me know and I will set up a link so that we get every possible chance of as many people meeting up.

Sometimes I wonder why I do things like this and then I remember - I am a NUTTER. But a nutter who likes to be involved in all facets of life. Whether it be organising morning teas at work (so I can make sure there is fruit) or helping out at the kindy 'garage' sale, or going over to a friends house to help paint the walls (I love cutting in) or just sitting back and supporting someone else who has taken the time to organise something. It is a long way from where I was and I just want to grab onto any opportunity to try something different, or meet someone new and just go with it. I like this new life. With all its problems and its sadness there are solutions and happiness. And I am happy to tackle it all :)

Points FTD: 20
Points Left FTW: 100
Sugar Points: 0
Checklist: 5/5
DAJS Challenge: Done
Other Exercise: Walk to Central
TIAGF: Banana's with chocolate mousse - yummmmm

Wow! welldone! 2.4kg!!!
so close to the big 2 - 0 !
logo looks great, i wish i could come to the meet - a little too far away unfortunately :)

Jelly Babies - Yummo!

I clicked on the link to donate some money to you but it said that bloggers wasn't found.

I assume that I have to wait unil Thursday or Friday before you'll be on the list....okay I can wait!

This is a brilliant cause. Fantastic effort in having the get up and go to get it all started and seeing it to fruition(sp)Most of us just dream of doing something like this. A big BRAVO!!! to you.
Thanks, also, for your sweet comment on my blog.
Ciao

Hehe..that's cute! The walk is on Sunday though not Saturday, yeah? I think the iron-on transfer idea is great and much easier to do...just got to go get a white shirt now *weird*. I'll be donating to you and I can't wait to meet you and everybody else!!!! I'm nervous 8-}

I would love to come but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I have a 30th the night before and probably won't be in any fit state to do something like that the following day. Have a great day though. I will be thinking of you all. Good luck with it. XX

Well done M - that's what the world needs is more people like you! Love the logo and the best of luck!!

Anybody who says "I love cutting in" is revealing a distinctly disturbing side to their nature!

You are one amazing woman!

Woohooo this sounds great I'm in for the Melbourne walk yay..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??