« Home | Somebody Stop Me » | New Freedoms » | Bloggers In Joggers » | Weigh in - 25 » | Lights Camera Action » | Still here » | Princess Tight Butt » | Weigh in - 24 » | Did I do that? » | Snakes & Ladders »

Directions

Transposed from manual journal written during holiday

The plan of only taking 2.5 hours to drive liesurely to our holiday destination was thrown to the wind when the driver & navigator of our journey took the wrong road. After 3.5 hours we pulled into a service station and I got out to ask directions because someone else wouldn't. Men!

What is it about actually admitting you may have taken the wrong way, and need some assistance to find the right way, that is so hard? Actually that's a bit like my journey. Admitting I was heading in the wrong direction weight wise and putting my hand out for assistance that first time was incredibly hard. What if I didn't get the help I needed? What if I was rebuffed or rejected? The fear of all these things had stopped me, perhaps subconsciously, for asking for the help I needed. I know now that these fears can be overcome by pushing through them - and arming yourself with the right tools / map. So the solution for my wayward navigator? Better maps and the patience to support him so he doesn't have to be afraid to ask for direction.

Just caught up on all your entries - what a lovely and horrible weekend to have.
I can't believe that people would say one thing about accommodation and babysitting and then do something else - that is just awful. As you say, if you had known from the start it would have made a difference to how you tackled the whole weekend - especially as you went so far to get there. I completely understand the breaking pencil bit - I would have had a 'bashing keyboard' fit about something like that. I can only offer the advice to move on as quickly as you can and don't waste any more energy on the situation - you deserve to have been treated better by them.
YAY for the compliments you received - you deserve them - well done !!
Take care and lotsa hugs to you !
Me

Ooppsss stuck the car longer than planned sucks so does being lost!!

Oh no, what a way to start your journey. I hope you guys were laughing by the end of it!? Dan is the same. The men in my family won't admit they are wrong either because they know how to just *do* things without instructions right....yeah right, I don't think so. Women (in most situations) are more likely to ask for help I reckon. I know I do because I just want things done the right way from the beginning LOL.

Why won't men ask for directions? I can't believe it, they seem to be all the same!

never underestimate the usefulness of a navigation system... x-mas is coming up :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??