« Home | Natures Miracles » | Directions » | Somebody Stop Me » | New Freedoms » | Bloggers In Joggers » | Weigh in - 25 » | Lights Camera Action » | Still here » | Princess Tight Butt » | Weigh in - 24 »

The Wedding

Transposed from manual journal written on holiday

We awoke to another glorious day today and started it off in our customary fashion of walk and play on the beach. I just love it. This will be one aspect I will miss so much when we go home. I have become very used to us all being together and just running and playing.

The wedding itself was glorious. A little country church. Beautiful scenery. Lovely heartfelt wedding. Just so nice.

What was not so nice was the change in plans re the payment for the babysitters. When we were invited to the wedding the groom spoke to us re accommodation and babysitters. As DH and DS1 were in the wedding party he said that he was organising the accommodation for us and that the babysitters would be coming from a creche from a pool that they manage. All paid for and organised. However. At the wedding I was pulled aside by the other mother in the same situation, who had been advised of the same payment terms as me, and she advised that she had just been told that we were paying for the sitters and the rate was $25/hr. Bugger! Long story short - we renegotiated with the sitter, who was a lovely lady, and left for the reception feeling much better. Had a great time at the reception. Eating, drinking, talking, dancing - having a ball. And when my lovely DH came over and asked if I wanted to go for a walk along the beach I just thought he was being romantic. But, all he wanted was a bit of privacy to tell me he had just been handed the bill for the accomodation. WHAT. So there goes all our money. The Bride & Groom wanted no gifts but had a wishing well for money if you wanted to give that to them. We had been generous as we thought they had done us a huge favour using friends and family and staff for accommodation and sitting.

I thought I was over it but as I sit here and write, and the pencil keeps breaking because I am applying so much pressure I have to admit that I am not. I am very cranky. I am cranky because had the decisions been left to us we would have made arrangements ourselves and been accountable for our own decisions. We may have done things differently but we still would have come.

I am going to sleep now and try to remember the peace, and love, and beauty of this place and of the wedding. And if DH snores once, just once, he is going to get it ;)

I don't blame you for being cranky. I'd be furious. Fair enough if they'd not said they were taking care of the babysitting and acccomodation, but it just seems shonky to let you think that was taken care of and have you find out at the last minute that it wasn't.

What a difficult situation to be in. At least the rest of the wedding sounded lovely.

Grrr I would be so cross too. Thats just not fair.. Wedding sounds nice though and a little country church how beautiful. Take care..
Thanx for filling in the gaps of your weekend and keeping us up to date!!!

Sounds like you had a fantastic time (apart from the acc/babysitter bits) spending QT with you boys.
I think it is quite understandable for you to still be angry about the acc/sitter situation. I would have been so pissed off as well!
Pleased to hear that you haven't let it ruin an otherwise perfect break!

:o)

PS we want photos of you in your outfits now!

That's a bit rude and I think that would shit me too. Actually, I know that would piss me off but then Dan would go all Zen on me and I'd have to forget about it LOL.

I guess people really do lose sight of things when organising a wedding. I hope you forget about it soon enough. It's no good to hold onto something you can't change now. Just remember all the beautiful things of the weekend! :-)

And yes, photos!?

Ouch! That would put a damper on things. If you had been prepared for it, it would be different. Makes you feel like diving into the wishing well and taking back your contribution. Sometimes I think that people with no responsibilities have no idea how hard it is for families to manage extra things these days.

That really stinks M. Shows no consideration and they were very selfish. They should never have offered and you could have chosen what to do yourself. And why did they leave it till the day of the wedding to tell you??? Not happy don't blame you.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??