« Home | Did I do that? » | Snakes & Ladders » | Cranky Farty McPants » | Birthday Greetings » | A day in the life of » | Weigh in - 23 » | Mindless » | Medium » | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) »

Weigh in - 24

After fluctuating all week between 77.5 and 79, the scales stopped this morning at 78.3 which is a loss of 100gms for the week.

It is still funny to me (exchange crazy, unbelieveable, annoying, frustrating for the word funny) that good habits take weeks and months to build up, but bad habits only take days to take hold. And then it is like you never learned the good habits at all. :\ I am not worried as I am extremely pumped today and have achieved everything I set out to achieve for the day. I will continue to do this everyday and soon the little slump that has taken hold of me over the last 3 weeks will be a thing of the past.

To help me this week I set myself a very short task list. I have written it in my tracker as well so that it is there every time I write something down.

1) Track everything (preferably stick to 20 points but the main aim is to write it all down)
2) Drink min 2 litres of water daily
3) Do my Challenge exercise
4) Have equal to or less than 2 sugar points a day
5) Have fun doing things that make me look good, and feel great :)

That's it. A very short checklist that I will be able to achieve. I will achieve.

I received my 'Drop A Jeans Size' (DAJS) email this morning setting the weeks exercise challenge day by day. It seems very achievable. For at least 5 of the 7 days I am to take a 45 minute walk. This is broken down into warm up, walk, cool down. On alternate days the walk component is to be 'Interval Walking'. This means I am to walk at my brisk pace for 1 minute, then up the speed to fast (or jog if I am so inclined) for 30 seconds then back to walking. To make things a little more difficult initially I have to make sure I am walking 'correctly'. This means back straight, shoulders down, tummy in, butt clenched (apparently I have to imagine I am holding a $100 note in my butt cheeks as I walk - I don't want to drop that now do I LOL), and then walk. It may take me a few goes to get it right but it is supposed to help in the overall toning. As I get more fit, or feel that this is too easy, I am to increase the amount of the 'fast' walk. I think 30 seconds would be fine if I am supposed to go for a period of 35 minutes. The most I have ever done like this is 20 minutes on the treadmill. I am allowed to do other exercise and will start to do my 5 minute abs workout at night again.

I am going to Adelaide tomorrow morning but will be continuing my challenges whilst I am there. I need to have some time to myself when I am there and this will be what I will do. I am looking forward to the trip as I have not seen my sister or my neice who live in Canada for just under 6 years. They boys have never met them so are excited to meet their Aunty and cousin for the first time. And Mum should be released from hospital tomorrow too so all in all should be a great week. I will make it a great week!


Points FTD: 22.5
Points Left FTW: 117.5
Sugar Points: 0
Checklist: 5/5
DAJS Challenge: Done
Other Exercise: 30 minute easy walk at lunch
TIAGF: Determination

M,

A loss is a loss, it is good to see that you are upbeat about it rather (as i would do) beat yourself up about it ... Hope the time in Adelaide is good, and that your mum is doing well.

Your plan is great, and you will of course achieve everything on that list with flying colours.

I love the $100 in your butt crack, that is too funny!

Enjoy the family reunion!!!

Congratulations on your loss!
The $100 dollar bill imagine is so funny! I might have to try that tomorrow when I go for walkies.
I have really only just started tracking everything I eat, I also include exercise I am doing as well. I have never tracked fully before and am finding it brilliant - even the bad things I eat go down in my wee book. It is so handy on a Monday esp when I work out the goals over the weekend and everything is there in front of me.

Have a safe trip to Adelaide M :0)

how can you walk like that without looking constipated? i imagine its possible without the stiff leg butt clench waddle but the look of intense concentration would give away your constipation anyway no? :)

congrats on the loss! atho there was sugar in all that licorice it wouldve kept u very regular! hope u have a nice time in adelaide

Hey, 100g is a loss and woohoo for it! :)

I hope you have a great trip to Adelaide - how exciting for the boys to meet their aunt and cousin for the first time! :)

Hey M
Very excited to be doing the challenge and feeling pumped and ready for the butt clenching walks!! I haven't got my email as yet for the week but can't be far off.
Well done on the loss and have a good time in Adelaide hope ur mums good/.
Take care

I bet you have a great loss next week, that's what seems to happen. Enjoy the time with your family and good luck on your challenge!

100gms is a great loss, especially with everything that has been going on - and hey, 100 gms closer to that goal! Woohoo! Hope your week does go well, and woohoo for joining this challenge - sounds great :-)

all things considering, you did not do bad and you know it too ;)

And a new challenge as the new season is coming ... now I will be envious of your summer soon!

take care *hugs*

You have so much going on in your life and so you are doing well with yourloss.

Hope you trip to Adelaide goes well and enjoy the time with your family:)

Hi M! Thanks for thinking of me :-) I'm glad you are feeling energised about your progress despite the external stresses you are gong through.

Sorry i didn't get back to you on the weekend - My mum turned 50 so we were up the mountains for 2 days. If it's not too late, I'd love to help with youy Bloggers in Joggers artwork... You can send me over the file for review??

It's ok if I've missed the boat, I'm sure whatever you have come up with is grande!

Anwyay, have a great trip to Adelaide, make the most of the time with your family and enjoy your $100 butt walking ;-)

You sound very determined for your drop a jeans size challenge and I am sure you will make it. You will also have the tightest butt in Sydney at the end of the challenge by the sound of all those squashed $100 notes!
Good luck in Adelaide and have a wonderful time catching up with your family.

Mhhmmm, not sure anyone would want that $100 not after you're finished with it M ! ha ha ha - just kidding!! LOL
Hope everything goes well in Adelaide.
Bri

Great plan of attack M. You are now enthusiastic and back on track so those scales will keep moving downwards. I am off to do my first interval walk now. Just imagine in 6 weeks new jeans!! Have a wonderful time with your mum and family. Make sure you let her nurture you as well as you looking after her. That will make her happy.

Ha..gotta love that fluctuation and it'll go back down right after weigh in too! Great to see you feeling pumped again. Lots going on! I really like your task list and it's realistic and achievable.

This Drop a Jeans Size thing sounds great! I can just imagine you getting all excited about your package LOL :-) And what is this about holding $100 notes in your butt! Too funny. I don't think I have ever walked like that but I do flex..hehe.

I hope you had a nice flight down. I'm also glad you'll continue your challenges for peace of mind as well. It'll be aswesome to see your sister again and neice! I wonder if they'll recognise you!? Are the boys going with you? I hope your mum feels much better being at home surrounded by such wonderful family.

Thinking of you guys *hugs*. xx

But why would you have a $100 stuffed in your crack?

Have a great time in Adelaide. Gotta love meeting family for the first time. It's amazing when that stuff happens and how kids react to it. Well done on your loss. I agree with Mary on that. I bet the scales are back to the 77ish mark tomorrow morning just to peeve you off!! XX

BTW I reset the internet options on my computer and I was able to access the blog. Brother-in-law at our place for weekend while we were away and he couldn't get the internet to work so I think he played around with it a little. I was about to have Margaret withdrawals if I could keep up to speed on your progress and check in on your daily insights. LOL XX

Hey Margaret
I'm amazed at how focussed and strong you are, even with all that is happening in your life right now. You are an inspiration!
How are you finding the walking with attitude program? How is the DAJS challenge going? I had these good intentions of starting running, but it isn't happening for me right now. I have a pedometer, so that's a good start...maybe I should sign up to the challenge?

$100 in your bum crack??? Hmmm the things we picture to keep ourselves on track when walking. I always imagine that I have a piece of string pulling me up from the middle of my head. Daz tells me I look like I have a pole up my arse!

Enjoy your time in Adelaide. It will be great for you to see your sister and neice after such a long time.

A loss is a loss so congratulations. I just have to try that butt crack thing for myself. Just don't have a $100 bill. Maybe I can get change for a $20????

Enjoy your time with your family, these are special times.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??