« Home | Strike - Out » | My List » | Spectacles anyone » | New Friends » | I don't want to talk about it » | Puff n Stuff » | Mental Health » | Catch up » | Weigh in - 27 » | Kaching »

The Walk is Done

I was going to title this post "Gee my boobs look big in this" but thought I had better focus on the walk instead.

The walk was really brilliant today and to show that we did turn up and we did wear out shirts here is a photo of Cath, M, and Mary. Don't we all look super sensational? My shirt had a big print on the back, and Cath put a small one on the back of hers. All in all I think we gave those corporate professionally printed t-shirts a run for their money. Though, to be fair, some of them were so clever and colourful. We have a year to improve on our design :)

Even though the sky was menacing and there was a few spots of rain we completed the entire 5kms without getting drenched. We crossed the finish line and received our victory bottle of water yaaaaaay. Then we headed for another (what felt like a million but was probably only another 5km) walk to go and get some lunch and chat. It was really great. I am very grateful and happy that Mary and Cath came along. I was extremely nervous and lost count of the 'nervous wees' I had to do but I need not have been worried. It was very easy. They are both kind, funny, warm, real people who stepped outside their comfort zones to meet up. And I thank them.

And I thank all the wonderful people in this community who sponsored my walk. I won't name you all here as I have thanked you all individually and I don't want people to think this is a habit we can get into. I am touched beyond belief that you responded the way you did, and in conjunction with my fundraising at work helped raise $340.00. Amazing stuff.

So now I have to go and rest my gluteus maximuses (my butt) and play with my boys whilst DH goes off to golf. Yes, he booked himself a tee off time and hoped for the best re my return time. LOL.

Yay, well done! Glad the walk went well. You all look wonderful. Nice that you went to lunch together as well.
DH and I did our walk out in the country and were thinking of you all.

Excellent Pic M. I am so glad that you guys all met up. We completed our walk as well. The whole family suited up in our Boral Team t-shirts and hats. It was a glorious day in Melbourne so we had a great time. Daz and I are exhausted but LM is bouncing off the walls (too many jelly babies).

Geez, m you look fantastic, amazing, and believe it Cameras dont lie

Cheers and have a great week.

Margaret

great pic there M, u all look so slim, hard to imagine there were ever weight problems! good for u girls for getting together for a meet up & raising money for a worthwhile cause while u were at it!

Look at you 3 skinny minnies!! You guys look great! Well done on completing the walk, all of you. :-)

Yay yay! Go girls! Good on you and your gluteus maximus (which is probably turning into a gluteus minimus!).

Your boobs do look big in that! You all three look fit, healthy, slim and healthy. We do, however, need a Latin student to pluralise mximus for us!

Well done, you all look fab in the pic... Good on you for your fund raising also.. Yaay

OMG girl you look fantastic... and so do Cath and Mary. You must be so proud you did it.

There is a walk called "around the bridges" here in November and it is the day I go to Melbourne and I was so gutted to find that out as I wanted to do it this year!! I will be on it next year and you never know I might run it he he he he.

Well done girl!!

Love CM

You obviously had a great time. I was thinking ofyou all chatting away while I was walking. Great fun wasn't it? What will we do next?

you guys look great! sounds like a bundle of fun was had :D

Well done, sounds like a fun day :)

Great pic! And yes, your boobs do look big in that! ;)

WTG on completing the walk, that's so fabulous. I was thinking of you lovely ladies today, and I'm very pleased to hear that it all went off without a hitch. :)

You all look incredible!!!!!

Well done on the walk, and meeting up with Cath & M.

Have a good week!

(Hopefully by the end of it I will have a FULL set of curtains!)

Lucinda

http://www.livejournal.com/users/hermitinthecity/

I agree w Kt, hard to believe any of you were ever overweight as you each look fabulous! Well done on the walk, should get my fat butt along on the next one, but I get the feeling I would hold all you skinny minnys up...hehehe, is that a good enough excuse??

LOL thanks M! I really do appreciate you organising this and getting me out of my "comfort zone". It's another small victory. You have a great heart and a positive energy that I love to be around. Have a great week gorgeous!

Wow - the three of you are looking so good!! Congrats on the changes you've made in yourselves and also the walk! Well done!!!

Great photo, you look like a trio of super fit, healthy gals! Glad you enjoyed the walk and that the meet-up was not too scary :-)


Congratulations on your fund-raising too, and good on you for getting behind the charity!

LOL at the alternate title!! Well done on the walk. You 3 look superb!! XX

Way to hide the hair disaster by tying all back, i'm still waiting to hear about it!!
(*taps foot while waiting*).
Perhaps I need to interrogate Mary!! LMAO
Bri

Oh, I wish I could have joined you!! Looks like you had fun. If you're all going to be doing another big walk sometime soon, keep me posted. Would love to come along and walk some of my gluteus maximus off, hehe!

:) Sarah

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??