« Home | Mental Health » | Catch up » | Weigh in - 27 » | Kaching » | It's all relative » | Ah Ah Ah Ah » | Weigh in - 26 » | The Wedding » | Natures Miracles » | Directions »

Puff n Stuff

Two days. No sneaking. Whooo Hoooo. And better still - I don't feel like sneaking. I have eaten good healthy foods and I feel great. I am working my way through the Sumo Salad's new menu and today had the Smoked Salmon and Goats Cheese. Can I just say - Yummmmmmm. It is an expensive habit though and I will be restricting myself to once per week from here on in.

And as I have been trying to spice up my lunches I thought I would get some "Velish" soup to have in my drawer for those occassions when I can't be bothered putting together a salad. 3 serves of vegetables in each one but at 3 points a serve for the Butternut Pumpkin, and the Roasted Vegetable with Garlic and 4 points (!!!!) for the Sweet Potato and Herb I am not sure I will be indulging too often. I suppose I will have to wait and see how filling they are.

I went for a walk at lunch and instead of heading to the gym to hit the treadmill I tagged along with a couple of ladies from the office. Omg do they walk fast. I thought I was working hard in the gym but I could barely keep up. The only way I could was if I didn't talk and even then I had to let them go because it was killing me. Thank goodness for traffic lights as I seemed to catch up with them when they had to stop there. It was a hard walk but a beautiful sunny day and it just feels good.

And hopefully I will feel good tomorrow if I don't completely stuff up my hair that I am currently colouring. Oh well, it can always grow out :)

Those salads sound yummo.
Pumpkin soup, with natural yogurt is yum - that is what I made mostly during winter.

Hope the hair colouring goes well - photos!!!

Photos of hair please? Very interested in your comment about exercising with someone else. Do we fall into the habit of thinking we're working hard, when in fact we're not challenging ourselves enough? Don't forget, though, to think about your optimum heart rate for fat-burning vs cardio fitness.

I make soup and freeze it in Takeaway conatiners for work just pull it out and take it frozen, If you make cream of pumpkin with a little lite and creamy evaporated milk in stead of cream etc it won't split when you reheat it.

Hi Marg - just caught up on your last few posts. Firstly - your photo is great and you look fantastic. I understand what you mean about being concerned re what is underneath but you know what to do and are on the right track with that. Mental Health - I agree it is something that people shun and don't even want to talk about. I like you and many others have had some difficulties in the past and I actually spoke to a counsellor which has truly changed my life around. When I mention to people that I went to a counsellor they almost take 2 steps back whilst maintaining eye contact - it is something that I feel very strongly about and try to promote mental health whenever I can. thanks for putting up that info 8-) Summo Salads - I have found it easier to stay on track the last couple of weeks by buying myself sushi for lunch. It does cost - but I really feel like I have a treat, something yummy and still stay on points. I find it a good way to get a kick start and help things start humming along again. Have a great day and hope those togs arrive.

Morning ... Photos looking good but agree we need some of the hair!
I have soup now for lunch every day (just plain tomato soup) and toast and am finding that it keeps me going nicely through the day.

:o)

It's good to challenge yourself with your workout (or be challenged by others) :) Funny how when we are working out on our own, we can think we are working hard but until we get pushed - well happens to me anyway.

Yum to the salads. Yes I agree, it is good to walk/workout with others sometimes just to guage how you are going. Still, we all have to find our own pace and whatever works for us is OK. We need to find exercise/pace that we can maintain for the rest of our lives to enable us not to burn out or give up.

Sum Salads do sound fantastic! Hey well done on no sneaking and keeping healthy options in the drawer for lunch! hope the hair turns out well, pictures please!

I went out walking with my dad and uncle recently, and was so disappointed when they took off ahead and left me in their dust. Here I was all smug and proud of how much my fitness levels have increased, and feeling so good about my exercise, and then they roared off ahead of me - I felt really silly.

And then I remembered... a year ago I wouldn't have even GONE for a walk with them, let alone been able to frog-march up the hill etc without getting puffed. So what if I couldn't keep up - I was still out there doin' it!!

I think the provincial veggies are lower in points than the others (about 2.5 points?)
Yay for you mixing it up with exercise!! And well done getting back on track w/ the food - it's a pain to have to be so diligent, but worth it :-)
cheers
LBTEPA

My PI Is bringing joggers today to follow you around, I was told you were walking very fast yesterday!!
Hope the hair turned out well. Have a great day! It's raining here but I still went for my morning walk to pick up the mail (yay me!).
Bri

Congratulations on no sneaking food!!
I bet you will catch up to those other ladies before you know it:)
Hope the hair turned out well!

Woooohooooo for no sneak eating - well done !!! I know what a big part this plays in our journey.
How did your hair turn out ? Happy with it I hope.
Have a great day and enjoy your walk if you go again today - it is so good to be challenged like that - I think that is what happens when I compare how I walk when I am by myself to how I walk when Al is with me.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Definitely need the pictures of the hair M! :)


WTG on the walking, sounds like it was really a great walk, and a great way to spend your lunchtime.

Hope the hair colour was a success! Well done on going a couple of days without sneaking food:)

Nof fair. We don't have sumo salads here.

Walking and NO talking. Impossible. You. Get outta here.

Lol, they must be showoffs. They're probably trying to impress. So what colour is your hair then.

I've got to try these Sumo Salads. Everyone talks about them!! Good on you for not sneak eating and it'll be so funny to see how we all go on Sunday with the walk LOL :-) What hair colour?

Cannot imagine you walking without talking M. Glad to hear no sneak eating. You should be very proud of yourself.

I bet if they came to the gym with you they wouldn't be able to keep up... that is for sure.

I find that my walking muscles aren't as good when I go for a walk but summer is coming and we can all work on that he he he.

Well done for doing something different and going with the ladies.

I agree with the ladies... lets see the new colour.

Love Chubbymum

mmhmm id like to see that pretty new hair too :) funny title, i used to call the self made cigarettes stuff n puffs... have a nice day you :)

Yay for no sneaky eating thats awesome.
Hahaha I've been cracking up at my visuals of you chasing after your work friends!!! hehehehe

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??