« Home | Weigh in - 26 » | The Wedding » | Natures Miracles » | Directions » | Somebody Stop Me » | New Freedoms » | Bloggers In Joggers » | Weigh in - 25 » | Lights Camera Action » | Still here »

Ah Ah Ah Ah

Staying Alive - Staying Alive *doing imaginary John Travolta dance*

I had the best fun today. As a member of our work Christmas committee (I was the only member for a number of years but now there are three of us) we have decided that we are going to go Disco Bowling for our work Christmas lunch this year. And even though we had checked it out thoroughly on the internet and had discussions with the function co-ordinater, we thought it best that we check it out for ourselves. Just to make sure that the transport was ok (the bus) and that the facilities were up to our very high standards (cheap beer - plenty of food). It was all that and more.

During the discussions I asked one of the other ladies if she wanted to play a game so the guy who was chatting to us said we were more than welcome to play - on the house! Whooo Hoooo. Then he started offering us drinks. Coffee, wine, champagne. (I think he fancied us :) ) We took some water. And then we played. The big screen was belting out such classics as Wham, Roxette, Elvis and of course the Bee Gee's. It was a scream. It was even funny when I threw my first bowl down and went for a sixer because my legs got all tangled up in my long work skirt. Oooops. I solved that problem by hiking my skirt up and tucking it into my undies. LOL. What a sight. Which brings me to another point. Do you think that 19kgs ago I would have had the guts to tuck my skirt up. No Way. But today I did and even though I looked like a complete idiot, my legs looked OK and I didn't fall over again. (Note to self: wear jeans to Christmas Lunch).

Food has been OK today but when buying a magazine I also bought a bag of Natural Confectionary Company lollies. Normally I buy snakes and I know that 2.5 snakes = 1 point. And I am normally pretty good at limiting myself to 1 or 2 points for the day. But today I ate the whole bag. Damn. Must have been all that extra exercise. Walking, swimming, & bowling.

I am feeling pretty good at the moment. After swimming today, and having to keep pulling my pants up I bit the bullet and ordered another swim suit. I ordered it from Vivaswim, where I ordered the last one from. I remember when I ordered it and I was quite sad that I needed to order a size 20 and the cup was a DD (blooming heck!) but it fitted properly and gave me the confidence not to back out of swimming. Well, today the size is a 14 and the cup is a C (am a bit dubious about this but that is what their measurements said to order). I have gone the chocolate brown rather than the black and have got board shorts too. That way it will do me at the beach as well. Am very happy with that reduction in size :)

Points FTD: 27
Points Left FTW: 73
Sugar Points:6
Checklist: 3/5 (not enough water, too much sugar)
DAJS Challenge: Done
Other Exercise: Swimming, Bowling
TIAGF:Fun

Wow, everyone is buying new togs atm. I actually got mine when they first hit the shops - I left it too late last year and missed out. It's amazing how much difference a year makes, doesn't it.

It just makes me so happy to read your blogs - even when things don't go well you are so positive, adn when they are going well you are just a joy to read
Yay for you!
Enjoy your togs too :)

The bowling sounds like great fun - as well as a different form of exercise!!
I see you are still buying more clothing items *wink*

You are indeed such a delight to read!!!!

Oooh, brown togs sound nice! You guys have a much better range of clothes and togs over there than we do! And wooohooo for disco bowling - we used to do that when I was at uni - there were lights and great music, great fun!

LOL, I can't get the image out of my head of your skirt tucked in your knickers running down a bowling lane. Where's a camera when you need one.

That sounds like so much fun! Yay for smaller bathers. Wish I hadn't looked at that site. It all looks so nice! Reasonably priced too!

Disco bowling sounds like so much fun.
Yay for the new swimsuit too. I must get my self some board shorts too (for the first time) to wear with my togs.

:o)

Lol at the visual of the skirt tuck up! Whoohoo on new togs too :)
Everyone does seem to be buying togs but I am refusing at the moment as I have 5 pairs at home in sz 12-14 so fingers crossed the 14s will be ok by xmas! (its not warm enough to swin til at least dec in NZ!) :P

I checked out that website for the swimwear and it looks fantastic. I've added the link to my favourites. Bugger I just bought new togs before we went to Brampton but I know that by next summer I'm going to need new swimmers (positive attitude!).

I love bowling. I bowl every Sunday in a league with my sister and BIL. Actually I don't really know how long I've been doing it - probably at a guess I'd say 12 year!! Hell am I that old!! XX

Mmhmm togs, nope - not for me yet! I love the visual I have in my head of you tucking your skirt into your knickers! LOL - great laughing start to the day.
Bri

I learned something horrible about soft lollies the other day. They have gelatine in them - okay I knew that - but I found out how gelatine was made. It's put me off lots of things now.

Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatine

Sorry!!

I love bowling. Would like to enter a team, but I don't think I'm good enough for that!!

I love disco bowling! LOL at the skirt tuck-up! That is something I would do.

Yay for the smaller swimsuit! I finally had a wax the other day so togs may now be a possibility.

Have fun M

*ah ah ah ah STAYING ALIVE* how bloody funny! I haven't been to the Super Bowl in years so thanks for the link. An office Xmas party there would be great and everyone can just end up being silly.

LOL at the lolly situation. I did that too the other day but with red licorice. We just can't be trusted with the whole bag.

Ooh, love the swimsuit link too and now I understand what a tankini is. Great! I need this but the lowest cup size is C on that site and I'm a B *damn*. Will have to look around.

So some more photos hey! WHOO HOO, I love your posts also M :-)

Yay for new swimmers, especially in a much smaller size!! Woohoo! :)

I haven't been disco bowling in a loooong time, it's so much fun! Sadly I am the world's worst bowler - last time we went, after a few turns I found that the dudes had put the kiddie bumpers up for me, it was the best bowling score of my life! LOL!

bowling sounds great!!!!
Woohoo for the new swimmers!! yay

What confidence you have now M. Bet you always had it and just hid it under some excess baggage for a while. Thanks for the link. We may all need new swimsuits. Fun looking isn't it? Sounds like you had some well deserved fun.

disco bowling! that sounds sooooo cool! great to have gotten a new swimsuit! and cool reduction! (ah, men don't get women who are happy about cup size reduction, but goodness knows wether for the back or posture how more pleasant it feels!)

sounds like you had a smashing good time :D

Love your posts - you sound as if you ahd a fun day:) I'm off to check out the swim suit site.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??