« Home | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps » | Spring is in the air » | Weigh in - 22 » | It's raining, It's pouring » | Tickets Booked » | Appreciation » | My Mum » | Weigh in - 21 » | Sad but Hot »

What a great day

I have had a wonderful birthday today. Getting extra cuddles from my boys. Having singing competitions in the car to see who can sing Happy Birthday the loudest and with the silliest words. Receiving cards and pressies from work mates and in the mail. Calls from Mum, Dad and other family. Getting good wishes from my blog-mates (thank you all so very very much). It all added up to a great, happy, wonderful day.

One of my gifts was a $30.00 voucher for Sussan so all thoughts of going to the gym disappeared in a second and I went shopping and bought a really cool brown polo shirt (medium) and some great bracelets. Then went to Accessorize and bought a great necklace. It is just a silver circle tied up with some brown leather. Simple but really nice. I also got a hair clip from a friend at work - silver, in the shape of a butterfly with sparkly bits on it, and another friend bought me a cute little paper bag filled with different sorts of Dutch licorice - yummm.

A year ago, whilst I still loved my birthday, I dreaded getting presents. What could I possibly get that I would be happy with. Chocolates - yes love them but some part of me would be angry with myself for eating them and thinking that it was the only gift that people would think I would like, Champagne - no problems there LOL (and is what DH just came home with - Veuve Clicquot), or Clothes - always too small or too masculine. No ones fault but my own but it was depressing all the same. DH bought me a shirt off the internet last year. A very feminine business type shirt from a fancy schmancy store he buys his shirts from. There was no way I would fit even half of my belly in that shirt. I kept it as it was a really good shirt but it has been hanging in my wardrobe for a year. I have tried it on from time to time but as it is a fitted shape I really had to lose some weight before it would look good. I wore that shirt today. With my Nelly's. And I looked good. I have received a few compliments from people who haven't commented up to now. I think with 18kgs gone even the blokes are starting to notice. LOL. Blokes. Gotta love 'em.

Anyway, as I did not do any exercise I started thinking about whether there were any fun runs / walks coming up and after heading to the WWA site I found that the Walk for a Cure walks have been set. October 16th around the country. I am going to go. Shall we make it a national effort? I would love to meet up with any Sydney Bloggers who want to get together and have a laugh whilst walking. I am going to officially register and do the whole fund raising bit but you don't have to. You can just turn up and walk on the day and perhaps put in a coin donation at the collection areas, or we can all register and form a team and I can organise t-shirts. How hilarious. And completely silly. But a very good way to recognise ourselves :) Anyway, if you are interested the site information is here and it contains a heap of PDF's about the track, fundraising, t-shirt printing (yes it was their idea - not mine LOL). So, if you want to come and meet up, send me an email and we'll work it out. It's a bit scary thinking that I may actually meet some people in the flesh but I figure with 15,000 other people in the crowd if we all get too scared we can just disappear ;)

Oh and I have a suggestion for our team name "Bloggers in Joggers"

And one last time before I go off to clean the house before bed and it no longer counts "Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeee" LOL. As my lovely almost 4 year old would say "Mummy - you are crackers"


**EDIT** I have been trying to catch up on all the new regular bloggers but some of you haven't got your blog profile showing. So Julie, if you read this, can you please send me your blog address, or update your setting to allow people to see the blog name when they click on your profile. I want to say HI but I can't


Points FTD: 29.5 plus whatever champers I down tonight :)
Sugar Points: Not sure but at least 12.5
Exercise: Shopping
TIAGF: Birthdays

*cue ultra-cool guitar riff*

Everybody's wishin'
You a happy birthday
Everybody's wishin'
You a real good time

*record scratch sound*

Glad you had a great day! How super cool that you're wearing last years Birthday Shirt!!! You're a legend, well done you silly cracker :-)

sounds like you had a fabulous day indeed, i love the bloggers in joggers idea :)

Sounds like a gorgeous day!! Good on you! :-) That's a great idea about the walk - I'm sure some of the sydney bloggers will be up for it! Really good idea actually... maybe us Auckland bloggers need to get together for Round the Bays!
Hope tomorrow is gorgeous for you too :-)

So glad to hear that you had a great day - I was glad that I wasn't the only one who had such a great birthday and got sooooooooo spoilt !!!
Forgot to tell you earilier that I love your new layout !!! Very summery feel to it.
Well done on getting into last years birthday present - I bet you knew that it would be a good idea to keep it because it would fit one day - and YAY - the day has arrived !!
What a great idea about the walk - but they don't say how far it is - do you know ? Maybe some of the girls from Brisbane would like to do it and if I can get up there I will join them (depending on the length of the walk !!)
Take care and hope you have a great day today !!
Me

I left a happy birthday message on your earlier post but I don't know if it worked - it happened around the time my computer self destructed at work. Anyway sounds like your birthday was the best!

Bloggers in joggers - I love it. I want to do it too now. The t-shirts are a great idea.

Bloggers in joggers sounds great! If I didn't have that stretch of water in between us I would come. Glad you had a great Birthday.

YAY it sounds like a perfect birthday and I love that you can wear *that* shirt now! I love the Bloggers in Joggers idea too but I won't join in the fundraising part (I have my reasons and people I already donate to) but I'd love to come on the walk! Let me look at all the info first. LOL and yes, mummy is crackers...ha! :-)

Glad you had a great day....wohooo about wearing last years shirt...you must look sensational :-)
Love the idea about bloggers in joggers - you are crackers girl!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M!!!!! (i'm always late for big or important moments... i have to stop that). i'm glad you had a fabulous birthday, of course it's normal for a fabulous woman! :oD

Happy Birthday for yesterday... sorry fo being a bit late.

Emily is always trying on her old clothes... I think it's a girl thing.

It's great that you feel great... keep up the positive energy!

That walk sounds great!! Will check it out and get back to you. Glad you had a great birthday XX

Happy birthday for yesterday. Here is my Pollyanna list for you (best I can do for a gift from this distance):
YAY for getting into the birthday shirt
YAY for the fundraising jog thingy
YAY for having such a great birthday
YAY for your lovely family
YAY for the compliments from blokes (let's face it, most of them are pretty useless)
YAY for the new (medium) shirt and other lovely pressies
YAY that you've lost 18kg
YAY that you continue to be inspired and inspiring
YAY for being you
Love Sue

Sorry I haven't been able to check your blog recently, but very quickly...

- Love the new colours
- Good on you for looking fab in your 'new' clothes
- Happy Birthday!

You're doing so well.

Happy birthday to you! Great news about the nice shirt - how good does that make you feel?? Can't wait to see a photo!!

May it be the first in a long line of healthy and happy birthdays! Woohoo! Go girlfriend!

LOL Bloggers in Joggers - I love it. Pity I can't join in

Glad you had a wonderful day

Glad you had a great day! Isn't it great to fit into things we could not wear last year:)

Glad you had a great day. I will do the walk in Melbourne so if anyone wants to join me let me know. Also do you want to make a team for the next challenge in WWA??

I am so happy you had a great day. I was inspired to check out the walk site for Melbourne and mentioned it to Daz. He said "Boral(his workplace) are a major sponsor we can sign up through work". So we have signed the whole family up, and will be stepping out with stroller and Cohan's bike on the day. I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Toodles,
Jods.

Happy birthday to a wonderful online buddy

Cheers and Beers or maybe Bolly!!!

Margaret

whohoo on fitting into the lovely shirt! Hope u enjoyed the champers!

M

Belated birthday wishes....Veuve Clicquot....woo hoo!! The man has expensive tastes! But then you're worth it girl.

I'd love to come and join you in the walk for a cure but it's my last Sunday before my next 1/2 marathon so I need to keep up my long runs, otherwise I would have been at Albert Park Lake.

Enjoy your weekend.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??