« Home | It's raining, It's pouring » | Tickets Booked » | Appreciation » | My Mum » | Weigh in - 21 » | Sad but Hot » | Sad » | Close Encounters » | More sensible post » | Debate: Harry v Barry »

Weigh in - 22

Not having weighed myself over the weekend I was not sure what to expect when I weighed this morning (I chose to weigh a day later so that I could use the same scales) and was very surprised to see I registered a loss of 600gms. Which brings me up to a nice round 18kgs. Whooo Hoooo. I did not track in writing over the weekend but made a concerted effort to track in my head. What I found is that I had a good breakfast every day and whilst the other meals were not as nutritiously sound as I would normally have, I watched my portions and stopped to allow myself to feel full. I did snack, and I did have some of the things that I only get from Mum & Dad's, but I shared rather than had whole snacks to myself. I also managed to go for a great long walk along the river on the Monday morning which was beautiful and fantastic.

I am very happy to be home, though it was sad saying goodbye - as it always is. This time though it hurt a little more as you never know what is going to happen. We had a great time with Mum and the boys were great. By the end they were climbing up on her bed and we just had to watch that DS2 didn't pull the tube out of her nose - which he was aiming for a lot of the time LOL. It was great to see. And yes, we took loads of photos. Mum's friend is there now for this week and will keep her entertained playing cards, reading, and doing puzzles.

On the butt shrinking front - got loads of compliments. Really nice ones. Both DH & I did and it does make you feel so good. Especially because I have learned just to say 'thank you' instead of saying it was nothing. Because it is something.

Spring is going to be good for me. No matter what happens it is my choice how I react and I choose to enjoy every day. Including today :)

Welcome back :-) Well done on your wise choices over the weekend, and for still managing a loss. Its really proof that you can be thrown into different circumstances and still apply your new healthy habits that you've learned.

Am especially pleased that it went well with your mum this weekend, and its brilliant that you got lots of nice compliments.

Glad to hear you had a great time with your mum - and lost 600g!!


Leighanne

Well done M on keeping yourself in check over the weekend. You never cease to amaze me with your strength.

LOL with DS2's antics. Children are so innocent.

Excellent with the comments as well. I can't wait until people start to notice the change in me.

Keep well :)

Firstly.. i love your affirmation of the week! That really touched me today. Thanks.

Well done on a great loss, especially when you have been out of your routine, and faced with more difficult choices.

It's great to get compliments, and I'm glad people are acknowledging your efforts in a positive way. You deserve it!!

Welcome back xx

Great loss M and despite what you are going through with your Mum it was such a positive post. It''s great to receive compliments and you deserve them:)

Great loss especially with all the traumas you are facing at the moment. Well done!! Glad you had a nice trip. XX

Well done on the loss - good going ! Love your affirmation for the week - it is so true !

Isn't it lovely when you get the compliments that you deserve - and it is good that you have learnt how to say 'thank you' - that was something that Kaitlin taught me how to do.

Hope you have a good week - take care and be good to yourself - you deserve it !

Me

Thank you for reminding me that it is our choice how we react, I think we all need to remember that now and again. Spring is definitely going to be good!

fantastic news on the 600gm loss. With everything that is happening for you at the moment it is inspirational. You are amazing

Congrats on the loss, a nice thing to come home to. All the positive comments are, of course, well deserved so good on you for lapping them up!

That is one of the best things I have heard said: Especially because I have learned just to say 'thank you' instead of saying it was nothing. Because it is something. Just from reading your blog, one can tell that you have come a long way as a person!

Well done on your efforts on the weekend, it bodes well that you can go without counting points and still make healthier decisions.

I'm glad that you and your family had such a good weekend with your Mum. My thoughts and prayers are with her and you.

Finally, what a fantastic thought: it is our choice how we react and to choose to enjoy every day. :D

It certianly is something, your doing an amazing job that is damn hard work but sometimes it is hard not to downplay our efforts.

Well done on the loss again for this week.

Well done on the terrific loss - and good on you for accepting compliments. You deserve them! :)

I bet your mum was thrilled to see you and to see the difference in you. You have a great attitude, and you're so right to make the most and enjoy everyday. congrats on your loss.

Well done with the loss. Your attitude and strength are amazing.

Your mother would have been so pleased to see you looking so fit and healthy and with such an incredible positive attitude. You are so right about it not being "nothing" You have worked extremely hard to bring about these changes in yourself and it is good that you can acknowledge that.

Glad to hear all went well. I am so impressed 18kgs - thats like a 1/4 of a human!! well done!!

PS - I love the affirmation of the week :-)

YAY for 18kgs girl, nice one :-)It's always great to remind ourselves that we can choose how we react to situations and deal with them the best we can. You're a great inspiration!

18! Your lost kilos are about to enter adulthood!!! Good for them really, now they will learn to take care of themselves elsewhere and stay away from home ;)

I was happy to read that your family visit went great. And I was proud to read that you guys got a ton of compliments too!!!

Just goes to show that losing weight is a lifestyle change! You are facing such heartache at the moment and you still don't fall of the wagon! In fact you post a loss! Go Margaret!
I too find it difficult to take compliments but after reading your entry I am going to learn to say 'thank you'! because I deserve it too!
*hugs* to you :o)

It would have been so hard to go Margaret (big hugs)

Woohooo on the 18 kilos you should be very proud.
Chubbymum

Well done on the loss, even during such an emotional week. Glad you enjoyed your time with your Dear Mum. Yay for all those compliments. You deserve them!

Going home is always good for the soul, even under trying circumstances, isn't it? All the 'where'd you butt go?' compliments would have helped too. I'd like you to know that my thoughts are with you at this time, even if I'm absent from blogland.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??