« Home | Sad but Hot » | Sad » | Close Encounters » | More sensible post » | Debate: Harry v Barry » | Weigh in - 20 » | ww Leader for a Day » | Fancy Schmancy » | Blame » | Sumo compliments »

Weigh in - 21

The scales showed a loss this week of 1.7kgs bringing my overall loss to 17.4kgs. I have misplaced my trusty tape measure so will skip measuring this month and update at the end of next month.

I had my fitness assessment at the gym today and have found out that I am rated as 'Good'. Actually at the top of the 'Good' rating. I was hoping to get 'Rotten' so I could build up slowly but now I am actually going to have to work to improve this rating. I know that the weight loss may slow this month, I may even gain a little, as I will be starting my resistance training. But I accept that this will be just as the body starts to put on the muscle, then it should start dropping again. But I think the real difference will be in the measurements. I am hoping to give the baby belly a huge shove :)

With all the events of the last week one thing I have learnt about myself is that I have a much greater respect for 'me' than I have ever had before. Apart from one hunting session I have been eating and drinking well. I did go over my points for the week but as this was the first week of my reduced points it wasn't that bad. It was still less than the week before. Whilst I know that there are many ways to lose weight and a lot of different plans to follow, I have found that by following the tools laid out by ww it has given me the framework I need to work to.

There have been lots of things in the past that triggered an emotional eating frenzy, and it did nothing other than lower my already dented self-esteem and continue the cycle of gaining weight. And these triggers are going to continue for the rest of my life. There will always be something sad (hopefully not too often), something happy, something exciting, something scary that is going to happen. And these things will trigger emotions. It is just that now I am better equipped to handle it. If I am going to eat it will more than likely be healthy. If I eat unhealthily it will more than likely be one day not a week. If I eat unhealthily in a day it is more likely to be one meal not all of them. Little improvements like that will see to it that if I do fall off the wagon, at least I won't let it run me over. :)

Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points:0
Points Left FTW: 120
Exercise: Fitness test. 20 min on treadmill incl 3 x 2 min jogs.
TIAGF: Soft tissues.

Hi Margaret. This is the first time I have posted to you, but I have been reading for the past couple of weeks. You inspire me, you make me LOL. Congrat's on the loss and the Nelly's. I hope your mum is doing well.

Lots of hugs and good thoughts coming your way.

Wow Margaret things certainly have fallen into place for you especially in your great refreshing attitude to losing weight and exercise. Congraulations on another fantastic loss. You are a great inspiration!!

I hope your mum is doing better just know you are being thought of at this time *hugs*

What an incredible loss. You certainly have learnt new ways to cope with your emotions. You really have mastered your habit s and hav ecoem to understand yourself and your body really well. Hope things are progressing well with your mum.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - well done on that fantastic loss - you are a **STAR** !!! You really have got it all together and I love how you realise how much you have changed in terms of emotional eating - you are so right when you say one unhealthy choice does not have to lead to a week of unhealthy eating - it is just that one choice which is unhealthy. I love the comparison - thank you for that as I am sure that I will be using that on myself in the future.
I hope that things are progressing well for your Mom - take care and look after yourself ! You are such an inspiration - lotsa hugs to you !
Me

Another fantastic loss, you are bloody marvellous!

I totally identify with the last paragraph - I am definately hoping not to get run over this week! But you're right - aren't we clever how we can keep our little splurges under control so much better now!

1.7!!!!!!! That's so cool - as are you. Well done.

Well done M, on another great loss, in the face of trying times. You legend! xxx

What a great loss!!!
You are right - things are going to pop up every so often to upset us, we should not use it as an excuse!
Have a great day:)

That is a huge loss!!!! Well done!!! And well done on being in control of you and your emotions. This has certainly been a trying week for you and you have really shown how much of a better person you are now!! XXX

1.7KG!!!
YOU ROCK!!

LBTEPA

Congrats - fantastic work there. And well done for not giving in to emotional eating. You are getting so strong all around!

:)

Congrats on the great loss. That is fantastic. All those steps must have helped your fitness assessment. Isn't it great how our new habits can really stand up to our emotional triggers.
Glad you liked the "flowers".

WOW, what a loss! Great fitness assessment too. See, all that hard work you are putting in really DOES make a difference. This journey has and still is really important to you and I love watching you grow and learn more about yourself each week. It really is inspiring. We will always face challenges most certainly but it's the way that we look at it and react that will certainly make all the difference and easier. Well done M for being open to change!

1.7, whoohoo! well done M :)

now thats a very nice loss :) well done M & no worries about the resistance training gains you will feel so strong and fabulous you wont care all that much :D

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??