« Home | My Mum » | Weigh in - 21 » | Sad but Hot » | Sad » | Close Encounters » | More sensible post » | Debate: Harry v Barry » | Weigh in - 20 » | ww Leader for a Day » | Fancy Schmancy »

Appreciation

This journey was always going to be an interesting one. Seeing if I could actually stick at it longer than a change of season, or a change of mind, or a change of the daily specials menu at the Chinese take away shop. And I knew that I would change. Knew that I would learn different things. The one thing I did not expect was the bonus of a support group.

In the last few days I have had so much support and good wishes, prayers and helpful thoughts, from old friends and new that it is staggering. I am truely blown away. There are times when I question where we are going as a species. As a planet of people who are becoming more isolated due to violence, fear, aggression and the breakdowns of common courtesy and manners. There were times before I got pregnant when I questioned whether it was worth bringing a new life into this world - when there is so much pain, so much suffering, so much anger. I have had times since I have had children when I questioned my own sanity at having had them due to the unspeakable horrors that have happened around the world.

Then I met you. Through this blog I have had my faith in the goodness of humanity restored. Sure, we are but a small group but as a slice of the population you have shown me that there are still good people. People who have empathy. Real people who share in the common aim of success for all. No judging. No recriminations. And I am just so grateful.

(And I will get back to all the new people who popped in, over the next week or two. Thank you for taking the time to say hello. I am looking forward to getting to know you better)

***

Now. My legs were so sore today. After doing my first weights programme yesterday I thought I came out of it pretty well. Until I woke up today. After a shower and a quick run around this morning they came good, but after sitting behind my desk for a couple of hours I almost toppled over when I stood up. I would love to say I really love that feeling but I am not sure that I do. I must have looked like I was in pain though because the Health & Safety guy came over to me to find out if I still needed to be on the immobility list. I had to laugh. I was put on this list when I had my bad back. They decided in case of a fire I was too immobile to be allowed to walk down the stairs and had to wait for the fire brigade to come and get me and take me down the goods elevator. I have been on the immobility list for 3 years. I am now off it. How good is that :)

Points FTD: 30 ish (need to work on this)
Sugar Points:12
Exercise: None
TIAGF: The internet.

As you workout more, you wont get as sore. When I started Pump at the beginning of August I was sore for 2 days after, painfully sore!! But now my muscles just feel a bit tired, not sore :o)

I've never heart of the immobility list... how odd your fire drills must have been for the last 3 years!

*hug*

....

when our friends arrived at the island, my gf told me: god, have been doing anything else besides shagging? lol

it was because of how I walked due to the exercise I was doing on the sea

After I showed her, the next day when she came to our room for breakfast, she asked me...actually, have you been able to do any shagging at all???

But really, after a week the horrid soreness was indeed substituted by a warmness in the muscles only.

Thank you for such a true post M. You are so right about how the world is, in general, and you are also right about the wonderful supportive group of people we have met over the internet.
I am glad that we could give our support in some small way - you are in my thoughts and I know that we will be in contact whenever you can make it.
Take care and be good - remember to look after yourself so that you can look after others.
Lotsa hugs to you my friend !
Me

Great post M - the support group that has evolved here never ceases to amaze me. Take care!

Isn't this support group amazing? For me they are like all of my friends rolled into one... people who will give you a kick up the bum when you need it, a shoulder to cry on, an encouraging word, a whoop of joy, and the list is endless. We are so lucky!

I think you are doing so well to be sticking to everything despite what's going on in your personal life. You are a legend!

This support group is amazing - I think I may have packed it in a few times without the support around!!
Yay for being off the immobility list:)

What you have wrote in this post mirrors I think the feelings of everyone within this group. Together we are an amazing success and we should all be proud of ourselves. I think pats on the back all round!!!

What a great feeling for getting off the immobility list. The journey has definately been worth when you gain that sort of independence. Well done. You are truly our inpiration.

BTW - Our Sydney catch up just wouldn't be the same without you. I wouldn't dream of going if you weren't there. XX

Yes, great post. I so agree with you about the support group. The good thing is we DO care and we WILL be there to "listen" and it does restore our faith in human nature.

oh my, what a beautiful post, I felt all teary reading this

your just lovely you are!

Where was the tissue warning???
What a fantastic post....how right your are! There are some horrendous things happening in this world as we speak but it is people like you who give the rest of us strength to try and make our own little bit of difference. Thank you for being such a lovely caring person

Yay for being off the immobility list!!! Thats a great accomplishment in itself :-) LMAO at the image of you waddling to the printer or off to the loo with your sore legs.

The support we have in our little blogging community is amazing, and I never expected to find such compassion and friendship from you lovely ladies when I started my weight-loss journal.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, and my prayers go out to you. It's really hard to stay positive and upbeat given the circumstances, but I just want to say that you're holding together really well and I hope that all of us can be of some support to you during this worrying time.

He he he isn't it just the worst getting up the next day after the first weight regime. OUCH.

Chubbymum

it is indeed a wonderful thing, the internet makes the world so small. congrats on getting off the immobility list you must feel fantastic about that :) keep up the strength training the sore muscles disappear quickly :)

LOL the immobility list? I don't remember one of those when I was doing corporate. I hated walking down all those stairs at FFX when they would do the fire drill...often. Now it would be fun though ;-) Sounds like you've got you've got people looking out for you all over the shop, nice.

And you've got the lurgy too! I started taking Sudafed with Ibuoprofen in it today and it's helping with the throat and gereral lethargy. Might be a goody for you too?

You are truely wonderful - u deerve a little support from your friends :)
LOL, i actually had a giggle at the immobility list, if we had a fire at work the day after i had a leg weights session, i dunno how well i'd make it down the stairs!

M, you never cease to amaze me with your posts. Tears welled with the first part, and then laughter abounded with the second.

Congrats for getting off the immobility list. Don't worry too much about the soreness, just think of it as those muscles tightening up - your nice nellys will be loose in no time!

it takes an extra-ordinary/wonderful/fantastic woman to be this loved!!
kudos for getting off the immobility list!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??