« Home | Mindless » | Medium » | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps » | Spring is in the air » | Weigh in - 22 » | It's raining, It's pouring » | Tickets Booked » | Appreciation »

Weigh in - 23

Being an at home weigher it would have been very easy not to weigh today. Give myself a 'no weigh' card as it were. I did give it a fleeting thought but realised that if I did that it would be opening the flood gates to bad habits so got on anyway. The scales posted a gain of 900gms which equals all my previous gains rolled together. I am not happy about the gain. But I accept it and the reasons that it is there. Being a statistician type person I know that my average weekly loss of 743.5gms is still a fantastic effort. And over the last three weeks I have lost an average of 466.6gms. Still not shabby. LOL I could make the numbers mean anything given enough time. Perhaps I should go and work for the government ;)

I started reading a book yesterday "You Were Born Rich" and there was a poem in the preface which just struck a huge cord with me. I am posting it here as a reminder to myself that my dreams, aspirations, and successes are limitless.

One And Only You

Every single blade of grass,
And every flake of snow -
Is just a wee bit different...
There's no two alike, you know.

From something small, like grains of sand,
To each gigantic star
All were made with THIS in mind:
To be just what they are!

How foolish then, to imitate -
How useless to pretend!
Since each of us comes from a MIND
Whose ideas never end.

There'll only be just ONE of ME
To show what I can do -
And you should likewise feel very proud,
There's only ONE of YOU.

That is where it all starts
With you, a wonderful
unlimited human being

James T. Moore

Points FTD: 19.5
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 120.5
Exercise: 40 min weights
TIAGF: Surprises

Wow M, that is a fabulous poem, def strikes a cord here !
Stats was one of my fav degree papers !! Numbers are great ! You have done so well and I am in awe of your amazing happy positive personality ! Have a great week.

Yep, cool poem. Too bad about the gain, but you know what you have to do about it, so no point telling you :-)

Tomorrow is another day!!

I love the verse

Yay you on still weighing in, it won't take you long to lose that 900 grams and your record to date is something to feel great about.

I am sure that with each photo you post on here, you look younger! this latest one being the most flattering yet

Hey M. Don't stress about your gain - as you said, you 'stats' still qualify you as a fantastic loser (I mean that in a good way!).

Oh, and I meant to say that I love your Bloggers in Joggers idea - sounds like a great day out. Any ideas for a t-shirt design? I could help with the artwork if you have a concept in mind...

Sorry to hear about the gain - don't worry about it - it is in the past. Start afresh and get back to basics. You have achieved so much and you know that you will continue to achieve until you reach your goal.
Love the poem - thank you for sharing it with us.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Hey that gain is already a thing of the past. Lovely poem thankyou for sharing it with us.

Love the poem M. It rang true to my heart.

Don't worry too much about the gain. You have already achieved so much that in the scheme of things this is a minor glitch. You are back on track.

Never mind about the gain - it was your birthday (among other things!). You will get rid of it again soon I am sure. And anyway, what is this? Like your third gain? That is SUCH a huge achievement in itself. I know it's disappointing to gain, but it may just be the reminder you need to keep on track. Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

P.s. what's the surprise?

Drat, a gain, but look how far you've come!

You will soon get rid of that gain. Back to basics for a day or so and you will be OK.

Ditto, ditto and ditto to what everyone else has said ( I really need to make an effort to get in here earlier so I can say my own stuff - haha). Your new photo shows just what a great job you're doing M, you look fabulous and you should be happy with yourself, one little glitch isn't too bad you know, you're doing so well.
Keep up the good work.
Bri

I have an embarrassing admission to make - I didn't read the poem. I'm sure it's great, but I have this wierd thing with poetry where I JUST CAN'T READ IT. My mind refuses to - I just go all blank, it's like reading computer manuals!

That gain, in the grand scheme of things, means nothing. You have to look at the bigger picture (which you are) and allow yourself to have enjoyed your birthday. Sorry you've been having a rough time lately. Big hugs to you.

I was wondering about your weigh in and did think that you gave yourself a "no weigh" day. I think it's great that you did it anyway and now you know so you can get on with it. In the scheme of things and you're history, this is nothing and I know it'll come off in the next week or so. You treat your body with a lot of respect! And the statistician thing...I can just see you and Dan going at it for hours LOL! Love the poem, that's a keeper to print out and stick in my special book, thanks :-)

Hi M!

First of all your new photo looks fantastic! You are looking so thin! (I am jealous!)
Don't panic about your gain... just look at how far you have come - you have lost a huge amount of weight and you have totally changed you lifestyle for the better.
The gain was only 900grams which was less than two blocks of butter! Nothing to worry about at all!

Have a great day!

You're trooper! I would have not weighed and been down the lolly aisle by the end of the day. Better one this week!weu

Congrats on your gain and for being human. Life's all about taking the good with the bad and the bad with the good, lol. Have a good night.

Bummer on the gain but its really quite ok. Your doing a mighty job on your weightloss and I am sure this little glitch will not get in your way.
Take care

see, looking at it as a whole is the best way to stay optimistic and not let a gain get you down. no worries right :) thats a beautiful poem, we are all unique its true. and a good thing too :D

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??