« Home | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps » | Spring is in the air » | Weigh in - 22 » | It's raining, It's pouring » | Tickets Booked » | Appreciation » | My Mum » | Weigh in - 21 »

Medium

Phew. Everytime I came to my blog I was getting a colour headache so the brightness just had to go. It was perfect for my birthday but now some calm spring colours are just what I need. I updated my profile pic using my web cam so the quality is extremely poor but I am wearing my new birthday top and my new necklace. I really like it :)

Last night I could not stop thinking about my top. Other than my 2 tracksuits that I have bought (16 & 14 respectively) it has been a long long time since I have bought myself a top. In fact when I sat down to think about it I realised that the last one I bought was a white mens polo shirt size XL. Wow. To buy a size M has just blown me away. I love it so much so I wore it to work today (with Nelly again - must wash her tonight LOL) and got quite a lot of attention. The top is quite fitted and for the first time you can really notice my (what word can I use politely here - tits, boobs, breasts) chest. I am not a huge girl but I'm not small either. To wear a top like this is really taking me out of my comfort zone in relation to the attention I got. Now, most of the attention was a quick glance, perhaps a comment on how nice I looked and that was it. I can handle that and it actually made me feel really good.

Then it happened. My very first lascivious incident. I was walking to the bathroom, down a narrow walkway near some workstations and a colleague (manager - not mine) was standing in the walkway. He glanced up as I was walking toward him, then he stared and checked me up and down. He said to me "gee M you are walking well" w.t.f.? "Yes" I said "I am - though on these heels I could topple over any minute" and laughed. I walked past him and just knew he was staring at my butt. This was confirmed when a second later I hear "Gee your DH is going to start having to look out for you" I went to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. Was I dressed like a hooker? Did my top expose too much skin, shape, anything? What could he see that I couldn't? I was really pissed off. What I saw was a not bad looking figure in a decent pair of jeans and a smart little top. Not low cut, no unneccesary exposed bits. Nothing that should elicit such a comment.

My common sense is telling me that he was probably just surpised at the difference and his mouth moved quicker than his brain. But, this is a real issue for me. I don't want to wear sacks anymore. I want to look young(ish) and stylish. I am finally getting comfortable in my own skin and I am being careful not to overdo it by rushing out and buying the latest trendy gear. That just doesn't suit me. I am a conservative dresser (not that you would know that by the swimming cap LOL) and I am just learning now how to dress myself all over again. I don't want to retreat back because of one incident. And I won't. *deep breath*

I have eaten quite a lot so far this week and whilst I know the birthday is almost an excusable reason I have to reign it in now before it turns in to a habit I can't break. Today has been good, 20 points and I am done for the night. So it will probably have to be an early night LOL.



Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points: 2
Exercise: 30 minute walk
TIAGF: Everything

I think you should take it as a compliment. I'm sure that's how he meant it in a dumb guy way! Take the good from it and ignore the rest, and work on accepting the fact that you are a hot (albeit tasteful and non-tarty) chickie babe!

That new picture is gorgeous! You look fantastic.

I totally agree and couldn't of said it better kathrynoh I thing take the compliment and run.! You do look a million bucks in your new web cam shot well done M you are a real insiration..

Hey M - Love the photo!

What colour is the top?

Oh M let him drool. He was just shocked into being inappropriate by the new sexy, slim, younger looking you. I have to tell you I just read your comment on my blog and my mouth dropped when I looked at the photo. Go back and look at your before photos and you will see why he commented. You look absolutely FANTASTIC. Wear your new clothes with pride. He owns the problem NOT you.

Have to agree with all the others - take the compliment and run !!! I bought a black golf shirt this week - size 12 and much more fitting and a lot shorter than anything I have worn for I don't know how many years - haven't had the courage to wear it yet - maybe tomorrow !!!
Have a great weekend and take care. Thank you for the beautiful comment you left for you tonight.
Me

Love the new pic. You look fabulous, slim & healthy :o)

Im not suprised your getting a bit of attention. I think you are dealing with it well. I get a bit self-conscious when people comment on my weight loss. Its hard because you (me) want people to notice but when they do we get a bit self-conscious.

Have a fabulous weekend Margarent :o)

Don't make excuses for him! Some people are just arseholes. Don't let him upset you, you're a way better person than that.

Hi! I think you are right that his mouth was just a little quick - he is probably mulling it over too, hoping you dont take it the wrong way, or that he didnt offend you! You should be showing off your new shape in beautiful new clothes - isnt that half the fun!
I love the new photo of you too!

Hey Margaret,

Came to your Blog via Rachel's in NZ. Our Family, Lee (that's me) Adrienne and Jarvis are moving to Sydney in 4-weeks time from Auckland. Using Blogger to try and find out more about bringing up our 15-month old in that city. Our blog is: http://jarvistahi.blogspot.com/

Any advice would be appreciated :o)

Lee

Go hot stuff!...I'm still waiting for my compliment, but I cannot wait till that day comes. And your new photo is great.

Have a great weekend!

New pic is great and I love the necklace.

As for the male w verbal diahorrea, he just didn't know when to stop, did he? Wanker. It's one thing to say that you look nice, but another to use language that's akin to that used by da boyz on Pimp My Ride. Particularly in the workplace. He probably has a v little....

Re the footy, I woke to the Sydney news this morning - bummer! Not a StKilda fan per se, but I might have to jump on the bandwagon. BF's family are from SA and are typical Crows fans (are v embarrassed that one of his cousins plays for Port Adelaide) so I hear you there. I was all over Power on GF Day last year, anything to stop Brisbane equalling the 4 in a row record of by beloved Magpies. BF is an Essendon supporter and although it's a long way off, I have already thought of ways to ensure our future kids follow the 'Pies. This is a very serious matter and I believe it crutial for their successful development and a happy future.

Have a great weekend and good luck for this arvo!

Wow M. Take it as a compliment. As with everyone else I agree that it was probably a dumb guy way of saying "Well done!".

The new photo looks fabulous. You are looking gorgeous, so don't let a few stray mouth-before-brain comments upset you.

Keep on smiling, you have worked hard.

You look AMAZING in that photo - your face is so thin! I would also take it as a compliment.. but I think it will take a while to get used to the feeling you get when people make remarks like that. But, girl, I think you are going to need to get used to it!! :-) Have a great weekend slim!

Oh, I love the new profile pic, you look gorgeous! :) No wonder that dolt was prompted to comment. We all know boys think with their other heads. ;)

I would think it would be a compliment but some men just can't give them! In a work place he may have been better keeping his mouth shut! You are looking so slim in the photo - well done ont he great work:)

What an amazing difference in your photo from your last one!!! Woohooo you go chicky babe!!!

Hun that was a nice comment in a way!! Your hubby will have to watch out because you are a stunner!!! Be proud because you have worked hard.

BIG HUGS

wow, u look so hot girlie, the new pic is great! as for the guy at work, i think its innappropriate for the workplace, especially from a manager but dont u let it upset u! Unfourtunately some people are not very tactful & although they may intend to compliment you, spill out somewhat offensive crap instead. Most people are giving u nice mood lifting compliments & those are the ones u want to focus on.
Hope u have a great wknd!

Wow girl you look sensational!
I agree with the rest, take it as a compliment but it wasnt the best for the workplace.
You have obviously worked really hard to get to the new fab you dont let one thoughtless male make you feel bad!

mmmm man meat rrrowrrr this is stuff i always loved but i can understand how it will be a little overwhelming at first, you'll get used to it and revel in all your obvious hotness soon enough ;)

Love the new picture - have fun being noticed!!

OMG I sent you a really long comment to your post this morning and Blogger crapped out because it was down for maintenance! I'll have to try and remember everything I said :-/

Love your new pic! I thought it was a photo of you from highschool!! :-)

If a guy who worked on the same floor as me didn't notice my change and comment, I'd be thinking WHY NOT!? I think if the comment was crass or he touched you by slapping, pinching...then I'd be worried.

We are women, hear us roar! Everyone can look but can't touch. It does not mean that you are being degraded or that you are submissive to a man. You should be proud of your new figure!

So its true then. Men are idiots. No, you didn't look like a hooker, you looked beautiful and it was his idiot way of acknowleding that fact.

Love it, you should definately continue on your mission of dressing in what makes you happy and comfortable :-)

love the new pic, men can be idiots but i would take it as a complement.
bad luck about port losing, i guess its next year for our teams then.
fiona

Males - so many of them don't know how to give a compliment do they? I think that's what the comment was intended as, the guy just had no concept of the effect of the words coming out of his mouth. I know that you would have looked beautiful and classy in your new shirt!

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Don't look too far into what that guy said, he wouldn't have thought too much about it and that's why it came out the way it did. Brainless pea head! haha
You look absolutely amazing in your new photo, well done and I love the necklace too, and you don't look your age (was it 38?? ha ha ha just joking!!).
Bri

Guys find it hard to compliment woman especially if they're scared it will come across as a "comeon"... i vote that this was a generally meant nice compliment so take it as that!

Smilin with ya on this one!

At least he acknowledged that you have a DH! It is a compliment but it is also not appropriate at work, however he is the other type of DH for not being able to keep his thoughts to himself and for not just giving you a nice compliment that would have made you feel good about yourself. Don't worry about him and don't hide your new lovely body in baggy clothes. Let each man who sees you deal with their emotions in their own way and don't let them spoil your wonderful achievement! Your photo looks great. Love the necklace.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??