« Home | More sensible post » | Debate: Harry v Barry » | Weigh in - 20 » | ww Leader for a Day » | Fancy Schmancy » | Blame » | Sumo compliments » | Still smiling » | Weigh in - 19 » | The next level - long post »

Close Encounters

I am really proud of myself today. It would have been so easy to eat, eat, eat, and the craving for McD hotcakes smothered in whipped butter and lashings of hot sauce has not yet completely abated. And I believe I have chosen that craving because I walked past this morning on the way into the office and I believe McD purposefully pump the smell into the street to suck innocent passersby in. Buggers.

Anyway. You see today I started the day in smashing fashion - literally. We were involved in a 4 car pile up in the middle of Sydney CBD. Noice. Everyone is fine bar a few little aches (which we are checking out) but shock of the impact reduced me to a teary sniffling mess for a few minutes. As the driver that is not a good look. Our car took the full impact of the truck that was trying to wedge itself up our tail pipe and we ended up impaled on the tow bar of the car in front and that car kissed the car in front of him. Not happy Jan. But the silver lining is that we re-acquainted ourselves with the only distant relative of DH's that lives in Sydney as his car was the car in front of us. We said "Say Hi to your Mum for us" and he has invited us around to his house for a BBQ. LOL.

The car is driveable and the truck driver has insurance so it should all work out OK, just the inconvenience is a real pain. We drive a big car as we seem to always have a pram, a bike, a couple of balls, and a million bags in the back, as well as 2 child seats and they generally don't all fit in the loan cars we get. We shall survive. We have done it before and I count my blessings that I am here to have a whinge about it at all. :)

Moving on. I ate well. I had to really watch myself as I felt like 'picking' all day but I kept my tracker by my side and made good choices and wrote everything down. I only went a little over points (as I miscalculated the prawn & wonton soup I had for lunch - oops) and I ticked off all my food groups. And I had a lovely shopping evening with my boys as we shopped for a 3yr old birthday party. I dressed the boys in their p.j.'s before we left and they fell asleep on the way home. Transferred them both to bed and now I have some time to myself. Life is good. Pretty smashing actually ;)

If anyone has a spare invitation to g-mail I would love to be sent one. I have one that I use for here (and I love it) but DH is desperate for one for our up-and-coming business and I was trying to wait till I got the opportunity to invite him but one hasn't arrived. Speaking of DH - I have been advised it is his turn on the PC tonight - cheeky. Catch up tomorrow *mwah*.

*Edit to post*: Thank you so much to Kelli & Mary who both sent me an invitation. I have picked it up and created an address. We appreciate this so much as it will make a real difference. As soon as I get the opportunity to invite someone else - I shall do so.

Points FTD: 22
Sugar Points:0
Points Left FTW: 38
Exercise: Shopping
TIAGF: Having a strong, well built car. And for living in general.

What's your email addy, I'll send you an invite now :o)

PS. Good to hear your ok after the car accident :o)

HI M,
just read about your accident - you are lucky! Sounds like a real unhealthy sandwhich of an affair! Glad you are ok.

I don't understand the bit about the g-mail invite? Why can't he join himself? (I've never ussed g-mail, pardon my ignorance!)

Yikes, stuff like that can really shake you up. Glad that you are okay. The cravings are prolly your reaction to it all - I mean one of the remedies for shock is very sweet tea so sugar must to something to help.

But, damn you, I feel like Macca's hot cakes now - I'd forgotten they even existed.

Pleased you are ok after the wee mishap yesterday!
I too am ignorant on the whole g-mail thing!
Have a nice Friday! :o)

o.m.g. glad to hear you are ok lady m! (found your address & info by the way... working on it now!)
mc d... *sigh* argh.

Accidnets do give you a shock but just think could have been so much worse!! Glad you came out of it o.k!

Congrats on the size 14!!!!! (can't seem to load the appropriate comments page: u r tooooo popular ;o) and my connexion is tooooo slow! sorry)

So sorry to hear about the accident. Thank goodness you are all OK! Have a wonderful weekend.

That accident does not sound like a whole lotta fun, but very pleased to hear you all escaped injury-free and in possession of all your limbs.

A big super well done on resisting the Hotcakes!!!!

Wow what a bad start to the day - glad to hear everyone is OK - what chance having a distant relitive involved as well...freaky!

So sorry to hear about the accident but so pleased that you are all okay.
I have a g-mail if you need another one as well.
Take care, look after yourself and have a great weekend !
Me

Glad all is OK with everyone involved in the little mishap. I had a close call myself yesterday as a guy pulled out from a line of traffic. I narrowly missed him but still very very shaken. Don't worry about being teary. I always go teary after an accident (not that I've had many - probably 3 or 4). My sister is the same. After her bingle I called her to see if she was OK and if she needed anything and she couldn't talk she was blubbering so much. Take care and have a fantastic weekend. XX

Wow what a way to start the day - I am pleased that everyone is ok. That perhaps has given your metabolism a kick start for the day on a lighter note....I think that calls for a few breezers tonight (counting points of course). Be good, take care and have a great weekend.

Trust me, you wouldn't have enjoyed those hotcakes!

OMG you poor lambie. So glad you (and everyone else ) are ok. Well done for stcking to your planned eating in spite of such a nasty shock!!
LBTEPA

Gosh you poor thing, how scary!! I'm glad you are all ok!
Hope today is better, and WELL DONE on walking past that McDs - I would have used that as an excuse to say 'poor me'. Good on you!

crazy! im glad to know you're ok, it must have been scary :(

Car accidents suck. Thank goodness that everyone was ok, and that there wasn't major damage. Phew!

I am also glad that everyone is ok, you're very lucky! Good job not eating the McD's.
Bri

I hope you are feeling better matey!! I still can't get over who was in the car in front. Kind of like it was meant to be in a very off putting way LOL. I hope you've got a great weekend planned, no matter what you do :-)

Just reading this posts & your next one, sounds like u have had a few tough days! take care & be good to yourself! thinking of u :)

I've been watching this show called 'Dead Like Me' lately. It's about a girl that gets hit by a toilet seat that fell from a space station as it exploded. She dies and becomes a Grim Reaper. It's more like an office job though.

The reason I mention it is because people die in all kinds of silly ways, and your car accident sounds like a typical scenario.

Except you're okay! Which is great!

I hope you feel better about things soon.

Keep up the facial care routine ...

Goodness, glad that you are all safe and sound. Well done on not going to Maccas. Thinking of you, take care and massive hugs your way.

Woah, what a day! I'm glad you came out of the accident okay. And well done on making great choices, especially not giving in to the evil maccas. :)

OMG I am glad your okay. When a car smashed into the back of us once I was a bumbling mess and couldn't even remember my phone number

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??