« Home | Cranky Farty McPants » | Birthday Greetings » | A day in the life of » | Weigh in - 23 » | Mindless » | Medium » | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps » | Spring is in the air »

Snakes & Ladders

Since I am definitely NOT an idiot, today I (thanks Argy *mwah*) printed out all the information I need for the Walking With Attitude "Drop a Jeans size in 6 weeks" challenge. This is an ongoing challenge which means if I start on the 19th September (the first official day) my 6 weeks starts from there. If I start on the 29th September, my 6 weeks starts then. And so forth. I am going to start on the 19th September. I know that I will be in Adelaide for the 20th - 25th Sept, and probably again from the 17th October but I will still complete my challenge. And it works in perfectly with the "Bloggers in Joggers" (more info on that over the weekend *quivers with excitement*)

This challenge looks different to the last one in that it talks about focussing on specific activities that they will set me for the week. They are using terms like 'Interval Walking', 'Intensity Walking', and 'Pyramid Walking'?? I think I am getting scared. LOL. The theme of the challenge will be based on Snakes and Ladders so I am sure there will be some twists along the way. To keep track of what I am set to do, and what I achieve each day, I am going to have a section on my post dedicated to this challenge. That way the information will always be there for me to use in the future. The little pieces of paper I have downloaded to carry in my wallet will be great on a day to day basis but in the long run they will end up with all my other little pieces of paper - lost!!

As part of the challenge they provide a pledge to print out, fill in, and sign. There is also a space to fill in what you are going to reward yourself with. My Pledge is:


I, M, for the next 6 weeks have chosen to commit to the 'Drop a Jeans Size' Challenge with Attitude because..

* I want to do this - I know I can do this!

* I deserve to feel good about myself.

* I know I am happier when I take better care of myself, which includes walking regularly.

* My body & mind will feel healthier and I will have more energy to enjoy the things I love.

* The benefits that come from completing this challenge will be greater than just having an awesome butt (but that's pretty good too)

My reward will be a new pair of size 12 jeans for committing to the challenge for the next 6 weeks.

I know I can do this!
Did I just say size 12 jeans!!!!! Whooo hoooo what fun. So Michelle and LMS (who I know are registered wwa'ers) lets get going.

I'm excited :D

I am excited for you too! And I am contempleting registering too, but I am scared to pay anything online (had a bad incident a few years back).

But it looks so challenging and motivating now that I am a pedometer freak!

I will discuss it with hubby during the weekend and see ...

Enjoy your weekend with just your little boy!!!

*hugs*

woohoo! I can't even imagine how much fun it will be shopping for a size 12 pair of jeans :-)

Go for it girlfriend! (to be said like rikki lake).

kick ass! we'll cheer you on :)

what a great challenge!! You are an inspiration :)
Bring on sz 12!

If anyone can do it, you can! Woohoo size 12 jeans! I can't even imagine it :-) Have a great weekend!

That sounds like a great challenge M. Best of luck. Size 12 jeans here you come!

I know you can do this M, you're such a determined strong woman. Size 12 - holy crappoli (yes, i'm swearing in Italian now! just kidding!!)I can't imagine it - i'll cheer you on from the sidelines!
Bri

Sounds like a great challenge, and a great reward at the end - a size 12 pair of jeans!!

You know what!? I know you will do this and do it well! You'll drop that jean size and be even more fabulous :-)The challenge looks really interesting too so I'll be keeping a keen eye on your updates. Thanks for all your comments, posts and everything!! xx

I decided yesterday to do it as well M. I don't know what a smalller size would be for me so might have to go and try on some in the shop. I will also start on the 19th so we can help each other along the way.

youll rock that challenge ;)

I am very temped to register and will have a bit more of a read and then probably go for it!! hehe

you go girl! size 12? wow! (in awe)

Great challenge!! I am a registered wwa'er and have joined up also. I did the Winter Challenge and found it great - it motivated me to do a half marathon in August. Thanks for all your posts I find them so inspiring!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??