« Home | Snakes & Ladders » | Cranky Farty McPants » | Birthday Greetings » | A day in the life of » | Weigh in - 23 » | Mindless » | Medium » | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps »

Did I do that?

Lesson: Fake Tans 101

DO NOT de-hair yourself immediately before applying tan. The dry scaly bits will result in a different colour

DO NOT put on a white bra directly afterwards unless you wanted to dye it a tea colour

DO NOT forget to moisturise because dry skin sucks up the tan and you will need to put more on

DO NOT put too much on because you will go different colours

DO NOT splash water on your legs when furiously scrubbing your hands to get the tan off as the splash marks and resulting water trail down your leg will wash off the tan and leave non-tanned stripes down them

DO make sure you do it on a cold day so you can at least wear jeans and a long sleeved shirt to hide the attempt

DO make sure you do it on a weekend when your DH is away so that the laughter will be minimised

DO laugh at yourself so at least you know what to expect

DO be grateful that you got the face right :)


This post should answer Kathryn's question re tanning LOL

Bwahahaha!! You're a crack and good on you for giving it a go LOL :-)

I have only ever tried once and experienced all of the don'ts first hand - never again!

I have tried the spray on tan and that was really good EXCEPT I had to stand nearly naked (I was allowed to wear the tiniest little throw away G-string)in front of a skinny malinks when I definitley wasn't anywhere near my lowest weight - not the best feeling at all BUT it did work and the tan was really good. Other than that - have stayed well away from fake tans as good as they may be to save myself from skin cancer !
Thanks for the laugh !
Me

I have also experienced all those don'ts:)I think I will just go natural this year!

I tried it once, and came out in a full body rash! MMMMhmmm, would have rather been streaky and laughing at myself. I vowed never to attempt it again!
I will just be pale and sit in the shade in long sleeves and a big hat.
Thanks for the laugh!
Bri

LOL wow you make it all sound so complicated. I tried it partially once last summer trying to tan my butt cheek marks with no success (or should I say BAD success) Never again for me either! lol

lol - this reminds me of my hair colour attempts - i have done ok at the fake tan in past except my knees always go a bit browner!

I am sure we have all done that before!! Amazing how every summer i think I will have another GO. but get over it pretty quickly!!
Also regarding our lovely height - I wear size 14 clothes most of the time, size 12 jeans usually (cos they always stretch so much) but those are nz sizes which are actually size 12 and 10 jeans in OZ sizes (I think thats the right conversion)

ahahahaha your a cracka.. they are some great tips there!!

M I am so excited - I have joined WWA and am doing the challenge too !! I really like the site - looked at it awhile ago but you got me interested all over again !! Can't wait for us to be in those smaller jeans !!

LOL - I think I'll just settle for being shockingly white!

When Amelia was first born I used to clean houses to get some money and my cousin used a spray on fake tan - and one day I went to her house to clean, and found a very orange bathroom!! Hehe! What a crack up!

hmm, maybe I won't tan this summer :)

i went and got my first "proper" spray tan done at a beauty salon a few weeks ago. quite the experience having an 18yo telling me how to hold my boobs up!

LOL i can just imagine the fun being had :D

This is too hard - can't solarium cos it causes cancer, the sun is even worse. Now, you are saying fake tan is really complex! I really think staying pale is the only thing to do.

Gotta love fake tan though, even with all the traumas!

rotflmbbo! now, of course, i'm going to have to try! ;op

Í can't handle my white legs after Winter and have in the past a few sessions on the sun bed. I'mhopeless with the fake tan and end up with huge streaks. Hey the word verification is bhtiis - sounsd like a disease!

LMAO Great post M! So true about all the fake tan do's and don'ts. :) Especially the hubby one! hhehe

I can certainly understand where you are coming from - I have been there too, so that's why I don't do it myself anymore.....Exfoliant is the only answer know....thanks for the laughs - hope you had a relaxing weekend apart from the whole tan thing 8-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??