« Home | Weigh in - 23 » | Mindless » | Medium » | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps » | Spring is in the air » | Weigh in - 22 » | It's raining, It's pouring » | Tickets Booked »

A day in the life of

Interior design

The person who decided that combining bright purple, irridescent teal blue, and pearlised lino was the right thing to do inside the toilet of the Emergency ward of the Sydney Childrens Hospital at Randwick should be sternly spoken to. It was definitely not the colour combination to soothe the frazzled nerves of this Mum who spent 4 hours there (not all in the toilet!) whilst DS2 was under observation. What I thought was just a cold with a persistant cough worried the Dr so much that he gave DS2 ventilin to help him breathe and packed us off forthwith. I am happy to report that DS2 is OK, with perhaps a bit of whingy and frustration creeping into his normal happy demeanor. We have tools for the next 3 days to see how he responds and we are hoping that it is just a viral infection with asthma type symptoms. We shall wait and see. But it bodes well as he has been asleep for an hour now and that hasn't happened for days. (fingers crossed he gets a good nights sleep)

I'll have mine with fries thanks

On the way back from the hospital DH and I went for a drive hoping DS2 would get a good sleep in the car. He did. We drove along all the beaches and at Bondi DH asked me to hop out of the car, go to Oporto's, and get him a Bondi Burger. With the works. Gee thanks mate!. I did as I was asked and DH drove around the block. I bought a wrap for me, no chilli, no mayo so probably the best choice. However (and there is always a however) I just missed him as he drove past and whilst waiting for him to do his lap I thought I would try a chip. It was sensational. I thought it might have been a mistake - an illusion of sorts - so I had another, and another. Where was he? And another. DH is so nice sharing his fries :)

Wizard of Oz

After my first official weights session yesterday I felt really good. I did all the exercises and only cut down a few reps on some of the harder ones. Most exercises I have to do 3 sets of 12 reps and for some I could only get to 10 on the last set and that was really pushing it. Today I feel like the Tin man out of the Wizard of Oz before he got the oil put on his joints. I can move but I creak with each movement. I was supposed to do a cardio session today to help with the stiffness and pacing up and down has helped to some degree ;) As I am unlikely to be going in to work tomorrow I have dusted off my ww dvd and will put that in tomorrow during a DS2 nap and then hopefully back to weights on Thursday.

Surprise

Yesterday I mentioned that I was grateful for surprises. It was because when I got home there was a parcel waiting for me on the doorstep. It was from the Walking With Attitude people who sent me a pair of Brooks socks, a running bum-bag that I can put a bottle of water in, my keys, my phone - very handy, and I also got a subscription to their site for one year. As I already have a subscription I am happy to pass this voucher on to someone who would like to officially register and log their steps and take part in any future challenges and be able to be in the running for prizes. Just drop me an email and I will reply with the voucher code and off you go. Wish they sent me more than one but I will send to the first in. It was really nice to get this surprise and for something so little it has made me feel really good. (** SOLD. Little Miss Sexy sure types fast LOL. Have fun - it's on its way to you **)

Finally

I have a gmail e-mail (thanks to Mary) and it has been brilliant. It is very different to outlook, or telstra dot com and other systems like that and I am so happy that I have one. As you can't just go to gmail and get one you have to wait to be invited. But invitations are only offered rarely. I currently have some invitations I can send out if you would like to have a gmail account. Again, just drop me a line and I will send you an invitation. I have a lot so don't be shy :)

That's it from me. I am shattered and even though it is not yet 8.00pm I am going to bed. I am going to dream happy dreams and wake up refreshed and ready to tackle anything that comes my way. Which it probably will LOL.. Sweet dreams

Points FTD: 26
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 94.6
Exercise: Pacing
TIAGF: Little blessings

Oooooh can I please have the subscription :o) Pretty please :o)

PS. I dont think the invites to gmail are so rare anymore, I have 100 to give away... :o)

Lol, I have 100 also - every time I give them out, they refill them!

Poor wee boy - hope he is much much better tomorrow. It's horrible when they are sick - especially going to hospital must have been very hard and stressful!

Sounds like you need a good long sleep, and not just tonight! Early nights this week eh? (Yes Mum!).

Hope tomorrow goes better for you
xxx

Wow, what a day it sounds like you've had.

Hope DS2 gets better soon.

I've also got 50 gmail invites to give away.

Common as muck now aren't they! :o)

You must be exhausted weights and sick Ds and hosiptal visits. Hoep you are having a good nigts sleep as I write this. Looking forward to our team effort on WWA.

Hope everything works out well with DS2 - there is nothing more worrying that a sick child (no matter how old that child might be !!!)
I also have gmail invites if anyone needs.
Thank you for moving me to the 'special' section - I do feel very privelidged (spelling ? - pls don't blame me at this time of the night !)and well worth the effort to get there !!!
Take care and hope you day goes well.
Lotsa hugs to you !
Me

I'm glad your son is fine :) And chipies counted are chipies welcomed (once in a while ;)

I would love a gmail account! I remember Katey sent me an invite a few months back and then my assistant deleted her email from my inbox accidentally and I was a bit embarassed to ask again!

But since you are offering, I won't be shy!

This is freaky cos my DS has had a cold and persistent cough for about 3 months now and he also was given Ventolin (and the spacer - *ching*ching* $125 thanks!!). Hope he gets better soon M, it's the worst feeling when your child is sick isn't it?
As for Oporto (OMG I LOOOOOVE Oporto) you were left in the car for HOW long with the chips? I would have eaten them PLUS his burger - you're very restrained you know. Hope your day is restful and DS gets much better soon.
Bri

Goodness you have been in the wars, well done for not eating all the chips!!

LBTEPA

As you know I am a luddite and my blog account is the first step to becoming better at it. I have to get my daughter to help me I think - arent we lucky to have computer literate children. Now for the dumb question - what is gmail - do you think I could use it - if so yes send me one with instructions. You guys are the greatest. Regarding asthma - my 24 year old son was a chronic asthmatic until he was about 16 - still gets it but not as bad. Believe me, if DS2 has got it, it is amazing how it just becomes a fact of life and not as scary as first thought. It never slowed son down at all - played soccer and rugby - now surfs and snowboards.
sorry these are so long - will email in future.

So glad little DS2 is OK. Must have been scary waiting at the Hospital. Congrats on winning a prize for your walking! It is always such fun to win something. I had chips last night and they were so delish. There were also 2 baked spuds on my plate, but at least I didn't eat those as well. Isn't it nice just to munch on a few chips sometimes though. Have a nice few days looking after little DS2. Hope he is feeling better today.

Hope your son is okay.

Oh I want chips now... damn it. Actually have been craving chicken nuggets from Maccas all morning and I have no idea why cos I hate them.

A bum bag would be great - I could put my cigarettes in it (only joking)

Good god! I'm exhausted just reading it all. Time for a cup of tea and a lie down!

Well Margaret, you take the cake for the "Tough Time Award" at the moment.....I really hope everyone is well now and you are taking some "ME" time too. Enjoy your sleeps - when I am really dealing with too much I like to put a bit of lavendar oil on my temples and lie down it is very soothing.lb

I agree with you on the hospital interior design...any hospital actually. I have been operated a few times @ Frances Perry House (part of the womens in melb) one of their operating theatres in BRIGHT PINK...and yes it can get worse earlier this year when I was in there again, and in another theatre it was baby poo green...at least I'm asleep eventually I feel sorry for my surgeons standing in the poo or pink room for hours on end!

I have no idea what gmail is but i am so reluctant to change from my regular outlook express email! Hope wee Ds2 is doing ok, must of been a long 4 hours. glad to hear he is doing better!
Orportos - never heard of it but it sounds nice. I am a sucker for McDs fries & hey, sharing a packet is a lot better for u than eating the whole packet!

Really thought I had commented this morning when I read this, my bad! What everyone else said! Hope things start to pick up for you soon :-)

PS. Where does the word verification get its 'words' from??? Mine is zpqiwleq - thats not a word!!!!

Oh, glad I ate dinner before I read about oporto! Even though I'm not hungry I'm still sitting here going "mmmmm, oporto" a la homer simpson! heh

sorry to hear DS2 is so unwell, hope he's feeling better very soon.

And WTG on the weights, that's awesome! Woohoo!

oh wow you must have been scared for the little guy, its hard work to be a mum not only physically but emotionally too. hope hes better :)

Hope DS2 is doing better. It is so scary when they are sick.

I love Fries. That was my downfall yesterday. I ate a whole packet of KFC fries. I felt terrible.

I hope you slept well M.

As always you are a true inspiration.

oh my. i do hope your DS2 is better!

ohhhhhhh... friiiiiiiiieeeeessss......

LOL about the design *sounds yuk* but then oohhh, poor little DS2! I hope he is much better now.

Too funny about the chips too. I can just imagine but the difference is, you didn't eat them all and you hardly ever do this now :-)

Which WW DVD do you have? Is it any good? LMS is super fast!! YAY for suprises.

I hope you have a gorgeous day today and I know I will *wink*. We're off to Manly by ferry and checking out www.glamourpuss.com.au WHOOT :-)

Hope you've been getting some good rest, and hope that boy of yours is ok too. xxx

I really had to laugh at the whole fries thing ... that would be exactly what I would have done too except I wouldn't have spoken about it ... to anyone!! ... and it wouldn't have gone on my points for the day and therefore not onto the scales .... NOT!!

Hope DS2 gets better real soon!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??